We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    May I suggest a 30k Goal?

Members of the Turbine staff will form a little choir and sing a/ a few christmas song/s at Boston Hospital. For the little Hobits there. :=)

Rick, don't you and your bosses think this will be good?
    (Imagine that smile on there faces...)
    I hear the silent voices
    i cannot hide...

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    and I'm straining my brain to figure out what to do if we hit that and start heading to $30k.
    Well if you're taking suggestions, I don't know how well it fits with the beard, but I could see you as a zombie....

http://www.yelp.com/events/somervill...ay-of-the-dead

Sadly, it's Nov 2nd and you may already be over committed lol (visit/gaming marathon)
    although they seem to have a nice tour so maybe you could combine things lol
    http://www.tazachocolate.com/tours
    Last edited by EmyrSelyf; Oct 23 2013 at 12:22 PM.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    Well if you're taking suggestions, I don't know how well it fits with the beard, but I could see you as a zombie....

http://www.yelp.com/events/somervill...ay-of-the-dead

Sadly, it's Nov 2nd and you may already be over committed lol (visit/gaming marathon)
    although they seem to have a nice tour so maybe you could combine things lol
    http://www.tazachocolate.com/tours
    I'm actually looking at the Player Council visit weekend and thinking I need to push my Marathon out to the following weekend, November 9.

But that just means we get another week to come up with the crazy.

That said, I really want to focus on as much and as many donations as possible by Nov 2. Because on November 3rd, Extra life will tally up the total donations for each Hospital and the hospital that has the largest total donated amount will receive an additional $60,000. There are also amounts based on per capita by city and most improved (raising more money over last year than any other hospital), but I really think that with our help we can reel in that extra $60K for BCH. Money that will end up going, as I mentioned in a previous post, to kids and cures that span the globe. I think that's pretty awesome.

Smile Yay!!!

It's at $25,104.

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast293 View Post
    It's at $25,104.
    $25,799 as of this moment.

So yeah, the Green beard and Pink stripes are going to happen. Now, let's fulfill Hannah's worst nightmare and get to $27,500 so she has to make good on her promise to be in the video.

$26,579.....

under 1K to go...

$27,710.57 would be 50% higher than last year..... O.o
    Last edited by EmyrSelyf; Oct 23 2013 at 06:58 PM.

Aw ####... I'd be happy to donate... too bad CC and PP are standard :/
    Always problematic if you live in Europe >> We've got that much credit-safer options here, that CC's are less common (also because of the insane costs CC-companies charge)

Anyhow, good luck with raising the goal... try to double it from next year, who knows what we can force Rick to do and the rest of the team :P

Donated a small amount!

Donated USD $5 as a show of support! Trying to make the most I can out of my meagre military pay but I love you guys for what you are doing so I'm supporting it!

Go go go Team Turbine!

Rambokc
    facebook.com/rambokc.broadshield

And I am delighted being the one who crossed the 27.500$ mark
    Still gonna give a little more before this is done!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000000945b0/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Felgo View Post
    May I suggest a 30k Goal?

Members of the Turbine staff will form a little choir and sing a/ a few christmas song/s at Boston Hospital. For the little Hobits there. :=)

Rick, don't you and your bosses think this will be good?
    (Imagine that smile on there faces...)
    You know what? I'm going to see if people in the office are willing to do this. I bet we have some people who really can sing (unlike me). I'd need to check with Boston Children's to see if it's allowed of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TUHD View Post
    who knows what we can force Rick to do and the rest of the team :P
    When it comes to raising money for these kids? With a few exceptions i have been told are completely out of the question by my significant other, it's a pretty long list of things I'm willing to do. Obviously I'm willing to suffer some pretty serious public embarrassment in exchange for raising money for this cause.

Quote Originally Posted by rambokc View Post
    Donated USD $5 as a show of support! Trying to make the most I can out of my meagre military pay but I love you guys for what you are doing so I'm supporting it!

Go go go Team Turbine!

Rambokc
    Thanks for the support and thank you for your service!

So quick Kinship update, the top 3 kins.

• The Inklings of Meneldor $1061
    • Knights of Valour of Vilya $1020
    • Order of Seven of Laurelin $375

When it comes to raising money for these kids? With a few exceptions i have been told are completely out of the question by my significant other, it's a pretty long list of things I'm willing to do. Obviously I'm willing to suffer some pretty serious public embarrassment in exchange for raising money for this cause.
    So parading around in a pink fairy costume is outta the question??? LMAO Sorry I couldn't resist that.

HAHAHAHAHA seeing you in pink tights would be hysterical. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All the way from what an american friend calls a boutique country, the Netherlands, I support you and your efforts. Good luck, I see you are closing in on 28K. Life is too precious for the llittle hobbits to waste on being ill!
    Iammemoth, Minstrel - Floramoth, Warden - Feabretmoth, Runekeeper - Geishamoth, Captain - Moraeamoth, Hunter - Kamishimoth - Hunter - Shadowmoth, burglar

Have you ever watched the challenges on "I'm a celebrity get me out of here".. ? /evil_grin
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

Goal ideas:

get someone to join you in the moors
    account wide code for a goat
    account wide code for a store exclusive mount that is not currently in the store
    Fordakidz(sapience) says, 'THIS IS MY ROCK! THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!

The choir idea sounds really awesome. Maybe Turbine can ask players near by to support it? Well not me, I'm in Europe and my voice would make those children feel that they get punished Oh don't forget to record it!
    Exclusive horse would be nice but honestly most people have warsteeds and creating a outfit for those is a bit to much work. A cloak maybe?
    Officer of Radix Lecti @ Laurelin (the only real taters)
    You want to know more?
    http://radixlecti.eu/
    The wise & sociable 2012
    Hero of the small folk 2013
    Original Tundra Cub owner 2014
    The kinship that brought the hobbit to Isengard :)

$30k Suggestions

Hi Sapience,

Wondering if it's possible that you could enlighten us a little more on the fabled Horseshoe once we hit 30k...maybe just 1 or 2 things is does *not* do, i.e., it doesn't help with looting chests, doesn't help with critting epic gear, doesn't help with relic combining succes. As a caveat, please don't "disclose" obvious things like "It does *not* affect your character load time" or "It does *not* affect how fast your stable mounts run"...maybe just 1 or 2 rumors that you can clear up. If it's something you'd rather not do, of course it's up to you, but just an idea for a goal reward.

Thanks for all you're doing to support the wee ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Garabrand View Post
    Hi Sapience,

Wondering if it's possible that you could enlighten us a little more on the fabled Horseshoe once we hit 30k...maybe just 1 or 2 things is does *not* do, i.e., it doesn't help with looting chests, doesn't help with critting epic gear, doesn't help with relic combining succes. As a caveat, please don't "disclose" obvious things like "It does *not* affect your character load time" or "It does *not* affect how fast your stable mounts run"...maybe just 1 or 2 rumors that you can clear up. If it's something you'd rather not do, of course it's up to you, but just an idea for a goal reward.

Thanks for all you're doing to support the wee ones!

Too easy... "it doesn't cook you breakfast, it doesn't instantly kill your character" (haven't you seen Cheers? "who are 3 people that have not been in my kitchen?")

This might be a contested requested for another reason... some folks like the mystery

My suggestion would be something along the lines of this from the Turbine staff...

Last edited by hucklebarry; Oct 24 2013 at 04:04 PM.

It is too easy, which is why I added that not obvious thing...I'm pretty sure it doesn't refill my gas tank or change the channel.

I do enjoy the mystery of it, which is why I was only thinking 1 or 2 things related to the gameplay. Don't spill all the beans, but it'd help some people who don't want to equip it every time they open a chest or craft something (though I did crit 3 gifted ancient medium helms in a row while wearing it).

Quote Originally Posted by Garabrand View Post
    Hi Sapience,
    Wondering if it's possible that you could enlighten us a little more on the fabled Horseshoe once we hit 30k...
    Don't let him off this easy !!!!!

between the heavens and the underworld, bka Middle-Earth!

Cool Rap Vid suggester, new Vid suggestion, lol

Since I suggested the original Idea for the Rap video, thought I might try to gain some traction with a new video song idea given to me by kinmates:

for a future goal 30k+ a music video covering Leonard Nemoy's Hobbit song?

Quote Originally Posted by hucklebarry View Post
    Too easy... My suggestion would be something along the lines of this from the Turbine staff...

Okay, this one made me laugh my butt off!! This is hysterical. Okay Rick... here is the thing, I committed KoV (the Knights of Valour) to raising $1000.00 (which we have now broken) if you and a dev would lead a Vilya raid... I can probably squeak more for a confirmation. I am thinking a Helegrod raid so we can get 24 people in it from the Vilya server, not just KoV. This way, I can hit up our entire server. This would even count towards your commitment for your 24 hours gaming marathon What do you think?
    [URL="http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Pherenn/media/e72940e3-4cdc-4677-aa07-fe0e9ab95c33.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u470/Pherenn/e72940e3-4cdc-4677-aa07-fe0e9ab95c33.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Pherenn, Phermin, Pherkeeper, Phertain, Pherhuntress, Pherhunter, Pherburg, and too many others to track. Lotro Featured Player 2011; If I can help you...ask.

Thumbs up Donated! :)

Just wanted to let you know I'm for your cause! Donated
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000cfe22/01008/signature.png]Arielawenn[/charsig]

I spent my hour drive this morning trying to think of what this post should say. I got nothing.

We hit $30,104 this morning.

To understand how completely stunned I am and how deeply humbled I am, again, by this community's outpouring of support I'll share something that happened about 12 days ago. I spoke to the great people at Boston Children's and told them I was pretty sure we weren't going to hit $25k. We were stuck at $10,500 and I thought we'd peaked. I was hoping to get to $12k.

That was 12 days and nearly $20,000 ago. There are times when I absolutely love being absolutely wrong.

I spent my hour drive this morning trying to think of what this post should say.

I remember those days. One hour in to work, three hours to get home.

Regardless, amazing job Sapience and I know it's not over yet!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000e0046/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Well done Rick excellent work!

I think you need a silly high target now and a silly good prize to go with it!
    The Last Alliance - Officer
    Dapple - Rank 10 Warg

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast