We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I saw this last night and just haven't had time to update. Donations EXPLODED last night. Over 200 yesterday alone. And a number of Kinships really stepped up last night.

We're now less than $3700 away from matching last year's TOTAL and we still have a couple of weeks to go!

[Raiding with Rick!] Hmmm.... That's an idea. Someone did claim an hour of my time for Elendilmir and I'm still trying to figure out which server I'm going to spend my 1 Hour creepside time on. Maybe I'll come play for an hour with the winning Kin or do a Twitch dev chat (and try to steal a dev to do it with me). probably wouldn't be on the marathon day, but could be the week after. I'll have to give this some thought.
    On Vilya, we use the Unite channel as our main area of communication, far surpassing GLFF. I reposted your information, Rick, and received private tells that reposting a request to raise funds was against the EULA (multiples!!!) Notwithstanding this is a cause worth being banned for, I am glad the Knights of Valour of Vilya, was successful on raising the awareness of this thread... this is why KoV was able to raise $780.00 for this cause (as of our count last night). Rick/Sapience: If I get reported for reposting your thread... take pity lol. On another note, an even better idea: And if you buy into this, I'll commit KoV to raise $1000.00 for your fund raiser: How about you AND a Dev join and LEAD one of the new raids for the winning kinship?? Hint hint... do you have any idea how much you could raise doing this?? lol. Yes, I am proposing we auction YOU off to lead a raid Please consider this as a great way to raise money for the fund raiser.
    [URL="http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Pherenn/media/e72940e3-4cdc-4677-aa07-fe0e9ab95c33.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u470/Pherenn/e72940e3-4cdc-4677-aa07-fe0e9ab95c33.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Pherenn, Phermin, Pherkeeper, Phertain, Pherhuntress, Pherhunter, Pherburg, and too many others to track. Lotro Featured Player 2011; If I can help you...ask.

We're back!
    Kinship Goal STATUS
    The Kinship with the largest total donation in the name of their Kin (The donor name must be in the name of the kinship or the kinship must be named in the donation note) will have a lottery named after their kinship.

Standings as of 10/15/2013
    Leader: Knights of Valor, Vilya - $780
    Sapience: Would you consider spelling our kinship name correctly lol It's the Knights of Valour. And, by the way, we are now up to $810.00 for this great cause
    [URL="http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Pherenn/media/e72940e3-4cdc-4677-aa07-fe0e9ab95c33.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u470/Pherenn/e72940e3-4cdc-4677-aa07-fe0e9ab95c33.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Pherenn, Phermin, Pherkeeper, Phertain, Pherhuntress, Pherhunter, Pherburg, and too many others to track. Lotro Featured Player 2011; If I can help you...ask.

Special Thank you to the following sites for donating.
    • Killtenrats.com
    • CSTM
    • Tales of Arda (And a double awesome shout out to them for raising over $500 for BCH as part of Team Turbine!)
    I must add that it is and has been a humbling experience participating in this cause. I had never imagined I would raise more than maybe $100 if I was lucky, so $500+ is awesome in my book - a huge thank you from me and Tales of Arda. Being outside the US I was also thrilled that I was able to choose that the contributions would go to the international part of Boston Children's Hospital.

I am also grateful to the folks who have donated rewards for the cause in addition to my own. The rewards include a personalized concert by the awesome The Shades in-game band, a physical portrait of your LOTRO character by the talented Amorey, LOTRO Mithril Edition, Turbine Points, Hobbit books, Helm's Deep Premium code and more. Thank you

Go Team Turbine
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Oct 18 2013 at 05:10 AM.
    [CENTER][URL="http://toarda.com"][IMG]http://www.toarda.com/img/LOTROforumprofile.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.
    [/CENTER]

Talking Thanks for asking us!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Great group of people! Hope the goal is met.

Each year someone tries to make this political and somehow take a swipe at America in the process. So let me educate you a little bit.....

Sometimes I miss the rep system.

Well said, Rick.

edit: Bumped my DDO-forum thread. Should help hit that 18,500 goal.
    Last edited by Devolved; Oct 18 2013 at 09:55 AM.

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

Hey guys! I donated what I could spare. It's not much, but since I am unemployed and looking, I can more easily donate my time. So I joined Extra Life and signed up under Team Turbine! I was wondering if there was any team... chatter... place.... thing. I mean, I was under the assumption that we're all working separately and alone (Except for those of you who are in the same office or something) but it would be cool to talk to those who are gaming under the same banner.

Forth rohirrim!

Tipped in ten bucks. Children's Miracle Network is an outstanding outfit. <3 They do great work at the Children's Hospital in Birmingham.

For once the cliché works. Do this for the children .
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Could someone explain what the "This is a Matching Gift" selection while donation progress does?

Wife and I each donated $5. It's really all we can spare at the time. Been unemployed for a bit. Glad to help the CMN out.
    Toons-Allta 67 Hobbit Hunter, Brujj 62 Hobbit Guardian, Tsorban 50 Elf Minstrel, Kalihad 32 Man Loremaster, Thomwit 27 Man Captain, Arutho 34 Hobbit Warden, Kaliadoc 23 Hobbit Burglar, Ornrik 20 Dwarf Runekeeper, Grigour 55 Dwarf Champion, Talmanes 21 Elf Runekeeper, Kalanorn, 11 Elf Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by GER-Sylvano View Post
    Could someone explain what the "This is a Matching Gift" selection while donation progress does?
    In this case it's nothing you need to worry about. Matching gifts are for example if the Extralife participant said 'I will match any donation with an equal donation myself' - so that if you donated $10, he or she would donate $10 also, making it $20.
    [CENTER][URL="http://toarda.com"][IMG]http://www.toarda.com/img/LOTROforumprofile.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by GER-Sylvano View Post
    It's for people whose Human Resources at work are capable and willing of matching a donation an employee makes, I believe. I'm not sure what else it might be. They include a mention of that in the default thank-you e-mail for donating.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#009966][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3][I][FONT=palatino linotype]I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?[/FONT][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]--------------------------------------------------[/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=#cc9933][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffcc66]> [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffcc66][FONT=franklin gothic medium]Founder of [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=franklin gothic medium][U][URL="http://legacyofnarsilion.guildlaunch.com/"][COLOR=#99ff99]Legacy of Narsilion[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ffcc66] <[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff6600]- [FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=2]Extra Life Gamer | [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][U][URL="http://www.extra-life.org/participant/89904"][COLOR=#ff0033]Captain[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ff6600][FONT=franklin gothic medium], [+INT] Intelligence Modifiers -[/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium]--------------------------------------------------[/FONT][/CENTER]

15 dollars heading their way, thanks for bringing this to my attention Sapience , good luck man!

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    will the email address reach you if it's put into "message to fundraiser" section with an option that only the fundraiser sees it?
    Quote Originally Posted by AarawynnP View Post
    I wondered this also, as that's where I included my e-mail address.
    Me too.
    (Or have I overlooked the answer?)

Quote Originally Posted by Trendafil View Post
    Me too.
    (Or have I overlooked the answer?)
    The email field will never be made public. The choice is whether to show it to the participant (Sapience in this case) or whether you want to be completely anonymous - even to him.
    [/CENTER]

Talking

Kinship Goal STATUS
    The Kinship with the largest total donation in the name of their Kin (The donor name must be in the name of the kinship or the kinship must be named in the donation note) will have a lottery named after their kinship.

Standings as of 10/15/2013
    Leader: Knights of Valor, Vilya - $780
    • The Inklings, Meneldor $750
    • Rangers of the West Gladden - $250
    Wow, Lotro players are really picking up the ball! The Knights of Valour of Vilya are now up to $845.00 in our donations and the Inklings are doing great too! We've also surpassed so many goals! Rick, we are waiting for you to update the boards so we know where we are standing! Come on lazy, get to work! (By the way, how do I make a new paragraph on the forums?) The enter key does not do that for me. Have you decided about leading a raid for the winning kinship? I do have to tell you, there has been incredible interest about this on Vilya!

(I've been having trouble with my enter key as well but only on IE)

Nice to see it is already more than $1000 over last years total. Someone's gonna have to draw another lifetime in another $300 or so lol

What is the end date for the event? I can't seem to find it..granted, I haven't slept in a couple days..some words dont seem right when I read them so...LOL
    Toons-Allta 67 Hobbit Hunter, Brujj 62 Hobbit Guardian, Tsorban 50 Elf Minstrel, Kalihad 32 Man Loremaster, Thomwit 27 Man Captain, Arutho 34 Hobbit Warden, Kaliadoc 23 Hobbit Burglar, Ornrik 20 Dwarf Runekeeper, Grigour 55 Dwarf Champion, Talmanes 21 Elf Runekeeper, Kalanorn, 11 Elf Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujj View Post
    What is the end date for the event? I can't seem to find it..granted, I haven't slept in a couple days..some words dont seem right when I read them so...LOL
    I believe Sapience said 11/2/13 as that is the date he will be doing his 25 hour marathon gaming

I really hate to see this be taken negative so please read with an open mind.

I was opening the wallet to donate to Extra Life but upon reading it was primarily only for Hospitals in North America I researched a little and opted to donate to a different charity (well two) that has identical goals, but Australian based for Australian children in need.

UNICEF (the donations are used globally) and the The Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne, victoria.

No negative feelings on the change of donation, but there are kids in my country that need help too.
    [center][img]http://gameofgeeks.com/ithsignature.png[/img][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by whosjgalt View Post
    I believe Sapience said 11/2/13 as that is the date he will be doing his 25 hour marathon gaming
    I hope that's the date so we can raise more money!

Well seems we broke 20k now. Time to bump the goal. Wonder what will be done if we beat that 27.5k goal. Hmmmm

And Lashmore its not anything bad if you donated to another charity. Its your money to donate to where you want, be it close to home or overseas. You still gave your money to others and I doubt anyone can say ill about you for it.

Kids all over the world need help

Quote Originally Posted by Lashmore View Post
    I really hate to see this be taken negative so please read with an open mind.

I was opening the wallet to donate to Extra Life but upon reading it was primarily only for Hospitals in North America I researched a little and opted to donate to a different charity (well two) that has identical goals, but Australian based for Australian children in need.

UNICEF (the donations are used globally) and the The Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne, victoria.

No negative feelings on the change of donation, but there are kids in my country that need help too.
    And I'm glad you found a way to do so.

Just want to note, as Sapience details above, that BCH is actually serving an international community as well. So supporting this drive does indeed benefit children all over the world.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    First I want to thank everyone. I spent a good bit of the weekend in a little bit of shock watching you guys match then surpass last year's goal. At the start of the week I had mentioned to both Kerry at BCH and Doc at Extra life that I thought I might have bitten off more than I could chew. We were stalled out just short of $11k and I wasnt sure we'd make $12k, never mind $25k+. But then you guys just exploded and nearly DOUBLED our total in just 5 days. We're at $20,300+ as I write this and still donations are coming in. My mother even called to tell me she was sending a check. Even my RC flying club has decided that at next Sunday's pot luck dinner we'll be taking up a collection to benefit BCH as well. My point is, you guys are inspiring giving far beyond just this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Reneko View Post
    Well seems we broke 20k now. Time to bump the goal. Wonder what will be done if we beat that 27.5k goal. Hmmmm

And Lashmore its not anything bad if you donated to another charity. Its your money to donate to where you want, be it close to home or overseas. You still gave your money to others and I doubt anyone can say ill about you for it.
    Well said! And as for beating $27,500... let's hit that first then I'll be open to discussions of exciting new ways to embarrass myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Astarte View Post
    And I'm glad you found a way to do so.

Just want to note, as Sapience details above, that BCH is actually serving an international community as well. So supporting this drive does indeed benefit children all over the world.
    This actually resulted in a phone call on Friday. Turns out that word of that post got back to both BCH and Extra life and we had a great conversation about how so much of what is raised, despite being donated to local hospitals ends up benefitting kids all over the world through research and through hospitals that, like BCH, offer assistance to families all over the world and often help with getting immigration and other issues sorted out so the kids can get treatments that might not be available elsewhere.

Which brings me to my next point. We're on the radar guys. From Doc, the Head of Exra life, to the philanthropic team at BCH. They know who we are and deeply appreciate what we've accomplished and the goals we've set. Like I told them, it's all you. I'm just the messenger. The real heroes are all of you.

You know what they say

Give the people want (Green Beard with Pink Stripes) and they'll show up in droves...

LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Quote Originally Posted by whosjgalt View Post
    Wow, Lotro players are really picking up the ball! The Knights of Valour of Vilya are now up to $845.00 in our donations and the Inklings are doing great too! We've also surpassed so many goals! Rick, we are waiting for you to update the boards so we know where we are standing! Come on lazy, get to work! (By the way, how do I make a new paragraph on the forums?) The enter key does not do that for me. Have you decided about leading a raid for the winning kinship? I do have to tell you, there has been incredible interest about this on Vilya!
    I believe we are up to $1,051 as of Saturday. I have not checked for yesterday or today's.
    TheInklingsKin.com

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast