We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwenemairth View Post
    If it's any help, my friend and I compared Cremelo codes, her working code to my invalid one. All of her codes were the same length/number of digits. In my list, the Cremelo code is notably shorter than the other three, like maybe two digits short. Looks like maybe the old codes were in a different format entirely?
    My codes are exactly the same length (checked with a fixed-width font as variable width makes all the codes look different lengths) and the Cremelo Steed code didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbite20 View Post
    Great job raisin all that money. Thank you very much for the codes but when i try to apply the codes instead of the perlino Steed i've got a "Cloak of the Raven-friend" and the Cremelo Steed code tells me that it's invalid, thank you
    The e-mail says you get the cloak but in-game you get the steed.

Cremelo Steed code not working

First of all, thanks a lot for the mail with the promo codes Sapience. Now, although the other three codes worked perfectly, when I had entered the code for the Cremelo Steed, I got the message saying it was an invalid code. Hope you do the needful to resolve the issue asap.

So if I make a donation now, will the steeds & titles still be rewarded???

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Renju View Post
    First of all, thanks a lot for the mail with the promo codes Sapience. Now, although the other three codes worked perfectly, when I had entered the code for the Cremelo Steed, I got the message saying it was an invalid code. Hope you do the needful to resolve the issue asap.
    It's starting to look like this is more than a handful, but less than all. So I'm going to submit a request for a new batch of codes and just send out the Cremelo steed code again. I don't have an ETA. This typical takes a week or two to get approved and issued. I'll see if I can speed that up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalieza View Post
    Donations made after Jan 1, 2014 apply to the 2014 Extra Life Fund raising efforts ($245 so far). Any incentives for that will be sent out after the 2014 fundraiser ends.
    It's too late for the 2013 rewards. Though I do usually carry over some rewards from year to year (like the steeds and the Sociable title this year).

Quote Originally Posted by Natalieza View Post
    The rewards for donating this year will be put on the donation page once Sapience has figured out what those rewards are going to be.

Add one more to the list of failed Cremelo Steed codes. If I need to send a PM, I will.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Hey Sapience,

first Thank your for this great Extra Life Year 2013.

I have a question regarding the "Hero of the small folk" title.

The german ingame tanslation of this title is "Held der einfachen Leute" which is reverse translated by google translate "Hero of the common people". Maybe you can talk to the translation guys an they can make the title more matching the english version.

Greetings, Sylvano

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbite20 View Post
    Great job raisin all that money. Thank you very much for the codes but when i try to apply the codes instead of the perlino Steed i've got a "Cloak of the Raven-friend" and the Cremelo Steed code tells me that it's invalid, thank you
    I too received the same message about the Cloak, but in the game I have the mount.

Haven't seen my email....

When did these emails go out? I've been watching for it, but haven't seen anything yet. I hope it didn't get caught in my Spam folder ....

Is there any way I can get mine resent if I can't find it?

Quote Originally Posted by joshuacgordon View Post
    When did these emails go out? I've been watching for it, but haven't seen anything yet.
    I also didn't get mine. Is there any way to confirm I was on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by beorf View Post
    If possible, id like the answer to this one too. I have donated (to a great cause), not received email or anything in game yet.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by beorf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardfoot View Post
    If possible, id like the answer to this one too. I have donated (to a great cause), not received email or anything in game yet.
    Send me a PM with the info from Extra life (in your reciept) and I'll make sure you get your codes. All except the Cremelo steed. I'm waiting for ne codes on that one.

Thank you Sapience for this amazing fundraise!

Orodbril

PS. The same problem with the Cremello Steed here... PM is following

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Send me a PM with the info from Extra life (in your reciept) and I'll make sure you get your codes. All except the Cremelo steed. I'm waiting for ne codes on that one.
    Hi Sapience, I have sent you a PM with the email I received when i pledged.

(When I check my sent PMs, it does not show up as sent tho)

Thanks..

sounds important bump

Quote Originally Posted by Beardfoot View Post
    Hi Sapience, I have sent you a PM with the email I received when i pledged.

(When I check my sent PMs, it does not show up as sent tho)

Thanks..
    If it uses the basic vbulletin PM system then PM's don't go into the sent folder until the person receiving them opens them, until then they sit in your outbox, this allows you to edit them right up until they actively open it and read it.
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by GER-Sylvano View Post
    Hey Sapience,

first Thank your for this great Extra Life Year 2013.

I have a question regarding the "Hero of the small folk" title.

The german ingame tanslation of this title is "Held der einfachen Leute" which is reverse translated by google translate "Hero of the common people". Maybe you can talk to the translation guys an they can make the title more matching the english version.

Greetings, Sylvano
    In my head, I translate that as "Hero of the Simple Folk". Maybe "Held der Kleinen Leute" or "Held der Kleine Menschen". So many ways you could translate it.

THe only good news thread there is.. bump to push down the bad stuff

........ and again

I wonder how the Cremelo Steed looks like? My code didn't work either. Is there some other way to gain it, in case new codes are not found to replace the old not functioning ones?

I made my donation and left all my details still no codes
    Withywindle Freeps Rildok R8 LM, Meglatron R7 capt, Eldalorm R6 RK, Rildoc R7 Warden, Meglathan R5 Hunter, Rildock R5 Mini, Megolopops R5 Champ, Megaflop R5 Burg, Megasorearse Guard, Meglabear Beorn.

I also have not received my codes, but I will pm you my reciept

Needed saying sadly...

Firstly the good...

I am honoured (yes, I'm in the UK!) to have been able to take part in what was an effort on Sapiences part which can only be likened to rivalling Frodo's effort to throw the One Ring unto the Fires of Mount Doom. Tis people like you Rick that make us all strive that little bit harder to be better people.

I recently had the misfortune to be having a conversation with someone in Utah who is in poor health and he made me aware of how difficult it can be in North America to get medical attention as it comes at a very real price to most that side of the Pond. Only now do I see the gravity of the situation of US health care and begin to realise(yes I'm still in the UK!) how important this fund raiser truly is and how much of a real difference it will make to actual lives.

Many thanks for the email with codes for lotro and thanks to Turbine CS for helping 'share the load' to get all those many emails out to lotro players. I will try my codes over the next few days and report back here if I have any problems.

And now for the bad...

I stalled on the decision about whether to include this in my post but I am sorry that I feel due to the attitude of some, this has to be said.

I have played lotro since the days of the beta here in the UK (it was codemasters back then dealing with it), I then played it when it went free to play, and again when Turbine took it back from codemasters and i had to move my account over to USA systems.

This MMO has the nicest bunch of players & community you will find in gaming yet i find myself disgusted with earlier posts in this very thread.

From my distanced vantage point here in the UK, I have watched as Rick went crazy putting all his efforts into drumming up funds for Extra Life and coming up with even madder ways for people to find a reason to put a hand in a pocket and throw some Mithril at this good cause (green beard anyone?).
    I then saw Rick take on the younger gamers stamina by going for a 'twitch streamed gaming marathon 24hr extravaganza' in aid of raising funds for Extra Life - which he managed like a young Baggins I might add.

And then things got a bit hectic (if they hadn't already that is).
    As if the warm fuzzy feeling of donating to a very worthy cause was not enough for players, Rick was good enough to offer lotro perks to many who donated to Extra Life with the promise of sending out keys etc at a later time.

Christmas came and went and still keys had not arrived in my inbox or anyone else's, yet i was aware that probably all that fund raising effort had taken its toll on Sir Green Beard as he was ill over the holidays and the sending of 1000s of keys was no easy task.

So where's the bad?
    To be counted as a Hero Of The Small Folk and be fit for these titles it should be a given that the interests of those in need outweigh our own, yet previous posters seem to have missed this point entirely and make me question whether they even understand that being heroic does not equate to complaining about free game items not being sent quickly.

Again, I apologise for posting this but felt a duty to do so.

Finally....

Here's to 6 figures in 2014 and this year I will be fundraising myself instead of just donating!

Scorp

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpionfoot View Post
    So where's the bad?
    To be counted as a Hero Of The Small Folk and be fit for these titles it should be a given that the interests of those in need outweigh our own, yet previous posters seem to have missed this point entirely and make me question whether they even understand that being heroic does not equate to complaining about free game items not being sent quickly.
    I agree with almost everything in your post. However, above statement is not the reality as you indicate as well. Some people donate to receive rewards or for a chance to win rewards while at the same time doing it for a cause - or for a completely different reason - and in my book that is completely fine. We all have our reasons to do one thing or another. If the ExtraLife participants counted on everyone being altruistic and donating just for the cause they wouldn't spend time encouraging people to donate because of the rewards.

We all know that donors expect these rewards - and some anticipate them more than others and get impatient. It doesn't have to be because they are self-centered or don't care about the cause. And they may or may not have had other reasons than you to donate. Does that make them less deserving than others? From my experience this year I have found that people donate because they want to support the cause. You just have to look at how many donate more than the minimum required to receive rewards. But it doesn't mean they wouldn't still like their rewards of course.

So, in my opinion we should just relax and don't get so involved in judging others' motives - and at the same time just be patient with the rewards.

On a side note if you didn't realise this: The codes have been sent and the people above who state that they haven't received theirs are doing so because it is obviously an error that they haven't. Quite different from posting in advance asking 'when are the codes being sent' :)
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Jan 22 2014 at 02:45 AM.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteberry_Laurelin View Post
    I agree with almost everything in your post. However, above statement is not the reality as you indicate as well. Some people donate to receive rewards or for a chance to win rewards while at the same time doing it for a cause - or for a completely different reason - and in my book that is completely fine. We all have our reasons to do one thing or another. If the ExtraLife participants counted on everyone being altruistic and donating just for the cause they wouldn't spend time encouraging people to donate because of the rewards.

We all know that donors expect these rewards - and some anticipate them more than others and get impatient. It doesn't have to be because they are self-centered or don't care about the cause. And they may or may not have had other reasons than you to donate. Does that make them less deserving than others? From my experience this year I have found that people donate because they want to support the cause. You just have to look at how many donate more than the minimum required to receive rewards. But it doesn't mean they wouldn't still like their rewards of course.

So, in my opinion we should just relax and don't get so involved in judging others' motives - and at the same time just be patient with the rewards.

On a side note if you didn't realise this: The codes have been sent and the people above who state that they haven't received theirs are doing so because it is obviously an error that they haven't. Quite different from posting in advance asking 'when are the codes being sent'

I didn't quote exact people as it wouldn't be right to specify them by quoting.

The immediate posters previous to me just stating they have not received codes or that codes aren't working are not for one moment the people I was refer to as those situations are just hiccups.

It was in the previous 10 pages somewhere further back that a lack of good faith was happening sadly.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast