We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    I would assume that Sapience does this the way that I tend to handle stuff, every time someone asks about it, I add an hour to how long it will take. If I were Sapience, every time someone asked in this thread when they were coming, I'd add a week.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rainith View Post
    I would assume that Sapience does this the way that I tend to handle stuff, every time someone asks about it, I add an hour to how long it will take. If I were Sapience, every time someone asked in this thread when they were coming, I'd add a week.
    Then I feel sorry for any organization that depends on you to do anything. Deadlines exist for a purpose. Even self-imposed ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Datheor View Post
    Then I feel sorry for any organization that depends on you to do anything. Deadlines exist for a purpose. Even self-imposed ones.
    I could not agree more.

Is a status update really too much to ask for? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer1025 View Post
    Is a status update really too much to ask for? Really?
    YES. Folks have been on vacation, enjoying the holidays and time with their families. Once they come back, there will be a lot of emails and forum posts to catch up on, which will probably take days. Please be patient and don't make them sorry they came back.
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Now that I'm a bit more caught up on work I can jump back in here and get this finalized.

Current plan (now that I have all email exported and a list mostly compiled) is to have these go out this coming Friday, January 10th. They'll be coming from a Turbine email address like they did last year because our account support team has once again agreed to help me get these out (they can send far more emails far more quickly than I ever could). Do keep in mind however, that account support, CS, GMs, etc cannot assist with ANYTHING Extra Life related. There will be an email address included with the email that will be sent directing you where to send questions.

Also, I wanted to pass along an email I received from Boston Children's. I wanted you guys to fully understand the impact you have and what that $50,000+ goes to address. Also, keep in mind a few things.

• The number of participants are the number of people like me doing the fund raising, not the number of people who donated to each fund raiser. For example, there were over 1920 donations to my efforts alone.
    • I wanted you to get a very real look at just how important this effort we participate in is. $212,061 raised, and $50,647 of that came from you guys. That's almost a quarter of their total for Extra Life. That's you guys. That's AMAZING!
    • That doesn't include the roughly $6,000 raised by other members of Team Turbine for Boston Children's Hospital. That's not just employees like a member of our CS team who raised over $1200, but people like Whiteberry from Tales of Arda who raised more than $800. Together that's MORE than a quarter of their total.
    • Nor does any of that include the $4,000 raised for other Children's Miracle Network Hospitals by Team Turbine. More than $60,000 all totaled.

As the year comes to end, I’m thrilled to share the final results of Extra Life 2013. A record-breaking $212,061 was raised for Boston Children’s by 1,862 participants, a 130% increase in funds raised and 400% increase in participants!

A sincere thanks for being champions for Extra Life and Boston Children’s by fundraising and/or boosting awareness in the gaming community and, in turn, amplifying Extra Life’s impact on Boston Children’s. These funds support the hospital’s areas of greatest needs, ensuring that our physicians and researchers can continue to provide life-changing care to the thousands of kids we care for each year. Thank you – we’re so grateful for your partnership.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Now that I'm a bit more caught up on work I can jump back in here and get this finalized.

Current plan (now that I have all email exported and a list mostly compiled) is to have these go out this coming Friday, January 10th. They'll be coming from a Turbine email address like they did last year because our account support team has once again agreed to help me get these out (they can send far more emails far more quickly than I ever could). Do keep in mind however, that account support, CS, GMs, etc cannot assist with ANYTHING Extra Life related. There will be an email address included with the email that will be sent directing you where to send questions.

Also, I wanted to pass along an email I received from Boston Children's. I wanted you guys to fully understand the impact you have and what that $50,000+ goes to address. Also, keep in mind a few things.

• The number of participants are the number of people like me doing the fund raising, not the number of people who donated to each fund raiser. For example, there were over 1920 donations to my efforts alone.
    • I wanted you to get a very real look at just how important this effort we participate in is. $212,061 raised, and $50,647 of that came from you guys. That's almost a quarter of their total for Extra Life. That's you guys. That's AMAZING!
    • That doesn't include the roughly $6,000 raised by other members of Team Turbine for Boston Children's Hospital. That's not just employees like a member of our CS team who raised over $1200, but people like Whiteberry from Tales of Arda who raised more than $800. Together that's MORE than a quarter of their total.
    • Nor does any of that include the $4,000 raised for other Children's Miracle Network Hospitals by Team Turbine. More than $60,000 all totaled.

Thank you very much Sapience for the update and the wonderful thing you put together for the Boston Children's Hopital. I myself grew up going to the Shriner's Hospital and know how helpful these are to children and families.
    Last edited by gixxer1025; Jan 08 2014 at 12:16 PM.

A wonderful effort. Congratulations to you Sapience and a big shout out to Whiteberry, a most righteous hobbit.
    Jobbing musician that resides in Bree. Frequenter of Taverns and places of ill repute

Thank you Sapience. Appreciate the update! Glad we as a group raised so much.

Sapience is there a way to find out if the email was added with the donations? My wife and I donated 3 times each this year and I'm not sure if I marked the right field that it will be show to you. Login on Saturday with the hero title on my toons would be awesome.
    Officer of Radix Lecti @ Laurelin (the only real taters)
    You want to know more?
    [URL]http://radixlecti.eu/[/URL]
    The wise & sociable 2012
    Hero of the small folk 2013
    Original Tundra Cub owner 2014
    The kinship that brought the hobbit to Isengard :)

This was a humbling experience to be part of and I'm thrilled to see the difference we have all made. I'd like to add that the people from ExtraLife kindly offered to send my participation medal to Europe, despite it initially being U.S. shipping only.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteberry_Laurelin View Post
    This was a humbling experience to be part of and I'm thrilled to see the difference we have all made.
    Congrats and well done on raising $800. I'll raise a glass when I log on next
    <A sig goes here>

13. It is a terrific and wonderful day when playing video games can help lead to providing Real Life medical help for children! Go LotRO players! =)

Honor and fun,
    Dannigan a.k.a. Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge of the Lonely Mountain Band
    a.k.a Cubbles (because my friends gave me that nickname and I love them far too much to ditch it).

Lifetime Subscriber - Thank you so much for the referrals (you know who you are)!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000158b0f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

What an amazing accomplishment of our community, and I salute the most virtuous Whiteberry.

Having grown up with a parent hospitalized through much of my childhood, I don't have the words to express the difference that caring and competent hospitals make in the lives of families experiencing serious illnesses. Whether you contributed one dollar or one thousand, each of you has made the world a better place. Well done!

Thanks for the update sapience, well done for raising so much money and Happy New Year to you too!

Was glad to finally be a part of this. Wish I could have donated more but I gave what I could. Glad to see how much just a little from everyone can amount to a lot. This is a good baseline (for me) for next year so that we can blow that amount away... once again! Thanks for participating in this Sapience and allowing us all a way to contribute as well.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the feedback Sapience, and passing along Boston Children's email. Pretty humbling and amazing.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Ok guys, no egg throwing but I have to push out the email until Monday. A couple of small snags delayed me a little and I want to take the weekend to make sure it's all correct and I have everything in the mail that is supposed to be there. I don't want to have to send out another one in a week with the stuff I was missing.

So give me a couple more days and things should be done.

That said, I see Extra Life has fired up 2014 already. Have to do some thinking about that as well.

Ok guys, no egg throwing but I have to push out the email until Monday. A couple of small snags delayed me a little and I want to take the weekend to make sure it's all correct and I have everything in the mail that is supposed to be there. I don't want to have to send out another one in a week with the stuff I was missing.

That said, I see Extra Life has fired up 2014 already. Have to do some thinking about that as well.
    No worries. Best to get it done right rather than do it fast and play clean up for days on end.

With that said, any chance you wanna jump into Frostbluff for a few though, there's some snowballs here that might have your name on it.

I just respect the fact that we were updated

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteberry_Laurelin View Post
    This was a humbling experience to be part of and I'm thrilled to see the difference we have all made. I'd like to add that the people from ExtraLife kindly offered to send my participation medal to Europe, despite it initially being U.S. shipping only.
    +100 rep to you and Sapience! Excellent job. Your hobbit heart is as big as all the Shire!
    That starts I guess with people respecting others points of view. I did try and put it tongue-in-cheek and only semi-serious but I guess that's lost on you.- A forum poster

What the heck am I supposed to do with all these eggs now?
    All that glitters is not gold, but if it is, I call dibs on it.

Ok guys, no egg throwing but I have to push out the email until Monday.
    *throws rotten fruit*

Thank you for the update Sapience. So, if no update on mon/tue + no email received, should we assume something happened to our promised rewards? Also, EXTREMELY proud that we all helped raise almost a full 1/4 of the main fundage. So awesome.
    Toons-Allta 67 Hobbit Hunter, Brujj 62 Hobbit Guardian, Tsorban 50 Elf Minstrel, Kalihad 32 Man Loremaster, Thomwit 27 Man Captain, Arutho 34 Hobbit Warden, Kaliadoc 23 Hobbit Burglar, Ornrik 20 Dwarf Runekeeper, Grigour 55 Dwarf Champion, Talmanes 21 Elf Runekeeper, Kalanorn, 11 Elf Hunter.

I wouldn't expect anything until Sapience says that things are sent, then you can start worrying and pestering lol

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast