We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Helms Deep lottery, when does it ends???

Hi,

i just submited in the lottery and i dont know when does the lottery ends and the free codes will be send...
    Does anyone knows??

thx
    We all have in us an eternal element, free from care and fear.

[url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/5551335lotro_lotro32.png[/img][/url]

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Both answers are in the lottery information. The lottery winners will be sent a code via IN GAME mail. Make sure you write the code down before you detach the silver from the email.

The lottery ends on Friday at 4PM Eastern time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Both answers are in the lottery information. The lottery winners will be sent a code via IN GAME mail. Make sure you write the code down before you detach the silver from the email.

Good point on the code, that'd be just something I'd get excited and do! Like I'm going to win

BTW - I didn't see the 'end' time on the lottery page where I entered or even now if I re-check. I say that because in the past most times I do see it.

Thanks for the opportunity to win

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilan View Post
    Good point on the code, that'd be just something I'd get excited and do! Like I'm going to win

BTW - I didn't see the 'end' time on the lottery page where I entered or even now if I re-check. I say that because in the past most times I do see it.

Thanks for the opportunity to win
    For me the end time is simply listed as "Friday" are you sure that isn't there on yours?
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

Both answers are in the lottery information. <sic> The lottery ends on Friday at 4PM Eastern time.
    Ty, I was wondering that too, although it just says "Friday" (which I was failing to see until I read this thread, too).

When the lottery end time is more than a day away it will just show the day.

Once it gets to less than 24 hours to go it will then show the time in hours, rounded up.

When it gets less than an hour it will show it in minutes.

At least that's what I've seen so far.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

thx a lot
    We all have in us an eternal element, free from care and fear.

[url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/5551335lotro_lotro32.png[/img][/url]

Both answers are in the lottery information.
    Truthfully, only one answer (distribution of the codes) is in the lottery information.

In small type, the word "Friday" does appear in the lottery information. It's a reasonable guess that this would be the day that the lottery ends on, though it doesn't say that. (For all I know, some members might assume it means this is a lottery that runs every Friday.) It would reduce confusion if it could be updated to read, "Ends on Friday."

It would be even more helpful if it would say, "Ends on Friday at 4pm," but I have a vague recollection that you've said the timestamp ends up creating more confusion than it solves, owing to time zones, daylight savings, etc. So I guess that's out.
    Theofrid, Wyndriel, Wendros, Glydia, Halfrid, Fridward, Friddis, Fridli, Gondaglir

For the trigger-happy among us, if the silver is detached first, is the code simply wiped out forever, or is it possible to contact Account Support and get the code from them directly? I have not won any of the HD lotteries, but it would be good to know what to do just in case.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    For the trigger-happy among us, if the silver is detached first, is the code simply wiped out forever, or is it possible to contact Account Support and get the code from them directly? I have not won any of the HD lotteries, but it would be good to know what to do just in case.
    In the last lottery of expansion codes two people did exactly that and did get their codes resent thanks to the lovely Mr. Sapience.

I would really, really recommend not doing it though.

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

I was just wondering, if I entered the lottery for the HD Premium codes, which I didn't because I already pre-ordered it, would I be able to give the code to a friend or relative using a totally different account?
    Moved from Nimrodel to Arkenstone!
    Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! Pew-Pew-Pew!

Officer and, yet Blamed! - Seekers of The Silmarils - Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    In the last lottery of expansion codes two people did exactly that and did get their codes resent thanks to the lovely Mr. Sapience.

I would really, really recommend not doing it though.
    lol That's good to hear. I'd of course try to avoid doing that, but at least I'll know all is not lost if I (or a kinmate) accidentally do it.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHug View Post
    I was just wondering, if I entered the lottery for the HD Premium codes, which I didn't because I already pre-ordered it, would I be able to give the code to a friend or relative using a totally different account?
    You can indeed:
    Quite the opposite. A good number of our players have commented on purchasing HD and then having to wait to purchase for a spouse, child, significant other, etc. that this is a perfect reward for those who have pre-purchased one copy and are waiting for funds to free up for the next. The majority here have even expressed this as a great way for someone who has already purchased to be a kind of "hero" to their kinship by providing the code for a give away, surprising a friend in game with a free copy of the expansion or any number of acts of kindness that can be done with the spare code.