We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best MMO I've ever played!

Without a doubt Lotro is everything I've always wished the various mmo's to be and were often very close to being but always fell short. I've played my fair share of Mmo's over the years from six years of warcraft to Eve to Fiesta and even the sims online. All were great in their own way but seemed to lack a certain player community satisfaction.

I've only been playing Lotro a couple of months and was pretty wary of yet another mmo turning into another ultimately another disappointment and waste of time. I was determined to only pay for each expansion and monthly VIP sub if I felt the content before had justified the next purchase. I'm pleased to say I've now played every expansion all the way to Riders of Rohan and am eagerly awaiting Helms Deep. I can't recall playing a game with such attention to detail from character animations through to player housing with such a seamless epic story thread running strongly through the entire game making the player feel involved in the world.

Lotro is a game that makes sense on every level and ties together very well. I've enjoyed playing Lotro rather than just playing to get to the end as quickly as possible. I particularly enjoy the crafting system and the deeds idea, which gives me the opportunity to explore area's of the game I missed when lvling through. Grinding some of the deeds can get a bit tiresome but I personally enjoy grinding more than most probably do and I at least know that every player with the deed traits ground the same path to get their stripes as I am, instead of next months update suddenly giving away what I've just spent a month playing to get away for free as other mmo's do.

The only real problems in Lotro I've found so far are way too many items, particularly the task items, that do generally the same thing. I can't see how reducing the number of items so that one item takes the place of several would hurt the game. It's not so much a bag space problem as I get tired of constant sorting through hundreds of items. Also the trait system seems a little weak and limited so I'm looking forward to the skill tree change in Helms Deep.

So far I've leveled a captain to 85 and I'd say I've only experience 50% of the content so Lotro is more than large enough for me as a game world. The irony is there's absolutely nothing new about Lotro. Every idea has been done a hundred times in other mmo's yet Lotro stands head and shoulders above the rest for me which really showed just important the detail in executing an idea in mmo's is.

Targin.

Hi and welcome to the forums, IcecreamnJelly.

Nice post; I'm glad you're enjoying the game that so many of us also love.

I hope you carry on enjoying it for many years to come.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Welcome to Middle Earth! I'm so glad you enjoy it and I hope you continue for years to come. We've got a lot of story left to go!
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by IcecreamnJelly View Post
    ...The only real problems in Lotro I've found so far are way too many items, particularly the task items, that do generally the same thing. I can't see how reducing the number of items so that one item takes the place of several would hurt the game...
    This is truth, but beleive me, used to be worst. The devs greatly simplified the variations of junk loot on mirkwood expansion & made the quatity of items that can stack bigger, the stack size got incresed further later.
    Now if they fuse the consumables to make them less redundant will be even better. Also the class items you have to swap can be fused; Wardens have 9, Captains have 4, Rune Keepers have 6, Hunters have 2, Minies have 6, Lore Masters have 2, etc. Maybe they will do it someday (i hope).
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

glad you enjoy the game, like i also do, about the task items i agree, i often have too many in my bag and i usually already outlvl-ed the taskboard when i arrive there... so the items are pretty useless...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Lightbulb

Task items = vendor trash. If you outleveled the tasks of that zone, the vendor will give you some coins for it. Surprisingly you can do lot of money of task items.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Task items = vendor trash. If you outleveled the tasks of that zone, the vendor will give you some coins for it. Surprisingly you can do lot of money of task items.
    Note that figuring this out can be made easier with the dailytasks plugin. Simply tell it to list "unuseable" items and everything that is listed as below your character's level will be listed (and if you have alts in the right range it will list them). It also lists items *above* your level, but since it also lists the levels this shouldn't be a problem.