We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Traits and Deeds worth doing?

I am returning to LoTRO and getting the Deeds for a zone was always a focus for me. With the upcoming Helm's Deep changes does it make sense to grind up all those deeds as I level? Will they still have value? Or will it be wasted time?

Thanks

AFAIK deeds that currently reward characters with a trait will instead give skill or trait points after HD launches and they will do so retrospectively for people who completed them before the expansion went live. Those points can then be invested into the new trees to customize your character(s). So I would say work on those deeds as you would have without the upcoming expansion; your efforts won't be wasted.

It depends which you are talking about.

Virtues will not be changing per the recent 40q feedback. So they have little value now, as they have increased linearly, while player stats have increased far more. However the other gains (heritage runes, TP) are significant.

Also, depending how long you haven't been playing, there's diminishing returns built into the stat system now, so more of a high stat does essentially nothing for you (heck, a level 65 changing a stat by 100 only had a 0.3% change).

Class deeds are much more important to complete now, as said, they'll be worth points in the new skill tree system.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    It depends which you are talking about.

Virtues will not be changing per the recent 40q feedback. So they have little value now, as they have increased linearly, while player stats have increased far more. However the other gains (heritage runes, TP) are significant.

Also, depending how long you haven't been playing, there's diminishing returns built into the stat system now, so more of a high stat does essentially nothing for you (heck, a level 65 changing a stat by 100 only had a 0.3% change).

Class deeds are much more important to complete now, as said, they'll be worth points in the new skill tree system.
    Depending on class, the virtues can mean a lot. I added some resistance virtues (max 16) and they added up to perhaps 6k base resi before food buffs (I don't recognize the numbers in http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Virtues I suspect at 16 they added about 1200 each? no matter). For many classes that have an easy time getting mits and crit def etc, this is perhaps not worth pursuing - and the stats added are more or less a joke even if the hard points into morale is great...but for hunter it really makes a huge difference to play around with these things.

Yup, someone said diminishing returns for a stat around 2.2k, not something I looked into much because I'm very lazy.

I say play your game the way you enjoy it. I'm happily deeding on alt since it gives me a nice sense of progress. Any Virtues I'm likely to ever use on my old main are all 16 and 16(17-20), doesn't give as much of a kick watching it tick up by 1 any more.

deeds are worth doing, it gets you tp, gold, crafting items and virtues, so in all, i would say deeding is a good thing to do...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Thanks all - I have always been clueless on traits because I am too busy saying "holy cow I am standing in Rivendell!" I've never really number crunched this game. But someone told me to focus on the big 4 as I level: Zeal, Valour, Innocence, and Compassion. I know those help pretty much everyone. So I'll keep working those on my 44 LM.

Thanks!

Exclamation

Virtues are & will always be worty to complete. I have seen players level 75+ getting beaten good by on level mobs because they didn't took care of their virtues. The virtues may not seen to apport a lot to bonuses & stats when they are all low but those bonuses increase a lot per tier. Also the TP alone can make any deed worty, specially if you are FTP & must unlock the quest packs & other game services with TP.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Magorian View Post
    Thanks all - I have always been clueless on traits because I am too busy saying "holy cow I am standing in Rivendell!" I've never really number crunched this game. But someone told me to focus on the big 4 as I level: Zeal, Valour, Innocence, and Compassion. I know those help pretty much everyone. So I'll keep working those on my 44 LM.
    Definitely spend time going "holy cow I'm staring at Galadriel!" as you go along. I think that's the fun part... and there's tons more to go!

You don't need to crunch the numbers much, you can just "ballpark" them. You want to slot as many virtues as you can, so look through the ones you have and find the ones that look interesting. Realize that they'll get better as you raise them, so look for ones that do you good even though the "goodness" may be minor to start. Then try to grind out the ones you are using, whenever you can't think of anything better to do.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>