We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

hello all a new blood here :P

hello i am a totaly new player to this game but not in mmorpg game.was playing 8 years lineage 2 and now decided to move on a new gamestyle
    so i have some questions

1.how come while i download the game i am capable to play also in same time?

2.most games of this genre have BOTS and they get ruined.here are those things exists?even if they exist are they get banned? rly hope they do not exist

3.the adviced server is the newest?

4.could som1 provde me a good site/posts with detailed guides for this game?

5.is this game steadily dieing or steadily growing?

Quote Originally Posted by Alarenon View Post
    Nope

2.most games of this genre have BOTS and they get ruined.here are those things exists?even if they exist are they get banned? rly hope they do not exist
    BOTS are not allowed, but boxing is. If you report someone you "think" is botting, GM will send them a tell to check if they are in front of the keyboard. If they are not reply but their character still moving/using skills...etc... then they're using bot and will be banned. BUT if they are there and reply the GM, then EVEN if they're using bot, GM cannot prove it, and cannot ban them.

Depend on your timezone.

For me the easiest way to get know to a MMO is just play it, then google what you want to know.

For a 7 years old MMO, well you can guess.

I am guessing that you are using Steam. They allow you to download just the parts of the game that you need to get started, while you download the rest. It's also possible you have downloaded the lower-resolution images while the Steam downloader gradually replaces them with better versions as you play. Aren't you glad you don't have to wait for the whole thing to download?

NO BOTS HERE. Turbine had a terrible time with them in Asheron's Call, so they really are on the lookout for them. They get banned pretty quickly.

No. The server at the top of the list is the one that Turbine is directing new players to, in order to balance the player population. You can choose any server you want. If you want to meet the most new players starting at the same time as you, the advised server is your best choice.

This looks like a good choice: http://lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.co...player-guides/

I think it is growing. Pessimists think it is dying. Decide for yourself.
    Last edited by Shukar; Oct 08 2013 at 08:24 PM.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

LoTRO-Wiki

Welcome to LOTRO
    Ujest - 105 Lore-master, Opun - 82 Warden, Cneasai - 47 Minstrel, Veneur - 47 Hunter plus alts and mules
    Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

hello i am a totaly new player to this game but not in mmorpg game.was playing 8 years lineage 2 and now decided to move on a new gamestyle
    so i have some questions

Fastest way is to use Steam to download. But Steam doesn't provide LotRO to all countries (definitely not to mine).
    HappyCloud allows you to start playing when you get partial download of ~1Gb (total game is close to 14-17Gb). But you wont be able to run several clients on same PC, if you ever decide to mutlibox.
    Pando Mediabooster wants to download whole game before installing it.
    Take Your pick.

Turbine is actively working against such things. There tended to be some attempted Gold sellers at the launch of F2P, and before that in the Free weekend plays, but not lately. For once, its easy to get ingame gold, if you work toward it, for other, there are tools that do get rid of such illegal activities. So no Goldsellers and as a collated result, no botting.

The adviced server is the server where currenly most of new playiers will land to, so if you go there, you will have bunch of outer players starting game along with you. Usually thats a good thing.

There are older and newer ( if 2011 can be called newer) servers.
    This can give some info about NorthAmerican servers:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...rver-(A-Guide)
    The 4 servers with star in front are the ones added at the F2P launch.

For EU servers, Anduin & Gwaihir are added for German servers, and Withywindle for english speaking EU server.

Searching these forums is going to give you almost any answer you want for your questions. Then there are several lotro WIKI sites.

Nobody but Turbine knows exact data, and they arent telling. But with next expansion launching on 18th november, we are in prelaunch lull. Some are in beta, some dont want to grind for things that will go obsolete soon. No doubt, after launch, there will be usual crowd returning to check what is new in the game.
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter_of_Bree View Post
    Fastest way is to use Steam to download. But Steam doesn't provide LotRO to all countries (definitely not to mine).
    HappyCloud allows you to start playing when you get partial download of ~1Gb (total game is close to 14-17Gb). But you wont be able to run several clients on same PC, if you ever decide to mutlibox.
    Pando Mediabooster wants to download whole game before installing it.
    Take Your pick.
    Pando will eat your bandwidth streaming upstream to other players until removed. It is a pesky program that plenty of Turbine (here and on other Turbine MMOs) call malware.
    Steam is a slick bit of DRM that works well but appears not to be everywhere (I wasn't aware of that)
    I know nothing of HappyCloud.

I recently uninstalled yet another instance of Pando. I have no idea if I will have to put up with uninstalling Pando to continue to play this game.

I think there are some bots, but really little and turbine does do a good job of taking them down, never seen goldsellers either, so i guess this is something not to worry about in this game

The adviced server is not really the newest, but the one Turbine chose which needed more new players, they cycle through the servers with the preferred servers

at the moment the game is a bit low on activity, but in about a month we will get a new expansion and i expect to have loads of activity by then on the server
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54