We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't Log In - Getting Error Message at Log In Screen.

After the game starts up and does its required checks, at the log in screen, I enter my username and password and get this error message.

"Failed to read authentication response[err:unexpected end of file][line:1][col:1]"

Is there something wrong on my part, are the servers down for maintenance? I read a message about turbine being down today, I am in the EuroZone, it is now 3:03 PM where I live. What should I do? Wait for a while, reinstall the game, will I lose my character if I do? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you kindly.

There is a maintenance going on right now, so the servers are down. It is scheduled to last until 12:00 EST, which is 16:00 UTC and 19:00 in your local time unless I messed up the math.

Your characters will be perfectly safe, you don't need to worry about them. They're probably partying with hobbit pies and dwarfen ale while they wait for you to take charge of them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    There is a maintenance going on right now, so the servers are down. It is scheduled to last until 12:00 EST, which is 16:00 UTC and 19:00 in your local time unless I messed up the math.

Your characters will be perfectly safe, you don't need to worry about them. They're probably partying with hobbit pies and dwarfen ale while they wait for you to take charge of them again.
    Your kind reply just made my day. Thank you Sir!

J'ai le même problème, j'attend donc que les serveurs soient en marche ^^
    ça fait quelle heure pour la France ?

France is in the same time zone as Germany, isn't it? That would make the scheduled end of today's maintenance 18:00 for players in France.

La France a le meme temps avec l'Allemagne, n'est-ce pas? Ce fait 18:00 heure pour le re-activation de les serveurs, je pense. (Pardon mon Francais, je n'ai apprendre lui bien dans ecole...)

authentication response [err: unexpected end of file][line: 1][col: 1]

I'm getting the same error in DDO.... grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Kryspen View Post
    I'm getting the same error in DDO.... grrrr
    For the same reason: The servers are all offline for scheduled maintenance.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]