We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Any chance of better character customization in the future?

I love lotro- but I'm sure many of you have noticed how horrible the character customization is at the start of the game. We're all pretty much carbon copies of each other. To make matters worse-- the options you ARE given are pretty bad compared to the NPC's, who actually have normal looking faces. Is there any chance of this improving in the future? Turbine keeps churning out new content in the form of expansions, but I'm hoping that they will digress and pay attention to quality for a time, like perhaps a code-rewrite and new graphics overhaul, and of course better character customization. I think in the long term this will do absolute wonders for keeping the game alive.

I forgot to mention how rigid and dull the mechanics of the characters are (ie. the way they move, the way they fight).
    Last edited by lenway12; Oct 07 2013 at 03:07 AM.

Agreed.

I completely agree, while I love the new regions. I am a Role-player at heart and I would love to RP characters that are more original! We know that it is possible by looking at all the other games out there! Cosmetics are fun but only a band-aid over the identical characters that are out there.

I would like to see us capable of molding and fine tuning our characters, (height Ex.) this is not like other games. This is based on a whole new world, the majority of players that first played this game did so because of the books. Because of their love for the world Tolkien created. There are loyal players that crave more than raiding and grinding that can be done in any other game, the loyal of us enjoy sitting or walking through the lands represented here just enjoying the environment.

If there is a chance I bet it's pretty small. It's one of those things that potentially requires a large amount of work to get right, has lots of potential to screw things up, provides little benefit to most people and may offend some people if they cannot preserve their current looks.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    If there is a chance I bet it's pretty small. It's one of those things that potentially requires a large amount of work to get right, has lots of potential to screw things up, provides little benefit to most people and may offend some people if they cannot preserve their current looks.
    I'll keep holding out hope.

I hope i live to see it someday soon. This topic is talking about the same theme: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...acter-graphics .
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth