We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter or Champion

Which class should I pick? I played a Champ on Windfola to level 20 but now I'm on Landroval and was wondering whether I should roll a Hunter or a Champion. Which one is more useful/ more likely to get into groups? Which one has the more reliable dps? If so, can you guys please list the pros and cons of each class. Also, I'm currently playing a Burglar, how easy is it to get into groups with them? Thanks guys

Hunter and Champ are the most commonly played classes, and have about the same chance of getting into groups. Since you've already played a Champ to level 20, I'd recommend you give Hunter a try.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

I heard though that champions play an offtank role too, making them easier to group with?

Quote Originally Posted by Arzier View Post
    I heard though that champions play an offtank role too, making them easier to group with?
    Yes to off tank role, but that doesn't really make much difference in being selected for a group. Of course, you can always start your own group and do the selecting yourself.

When you see "looking for more" messages in global chat, most of the time you'll see requests for generic DPS rather than a specific class. Champ or Hunter will do. (Or DPS traited Rune-Keeper, for that matter.)

Hunter has some convenience advantages when solo levelling. They get a 15% speed boost out of combat around level 10-12, and they acquire porting skills at certain levels. Makes it easy to pop back to many of the towns, major quest hubs, etc. to turn in quests, sell of trash loot and so forth. Convenient because you save a lot of time running around and taking slow stable rides.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    [url]http://www.theoldergamers.com[/url]

there are more hunters in general than champs... so i would say champion, but if grouping is involved, you might also wanna check out the minstell and guardian, they are always needed

Thank guys for the replies, one more question, I've decided to main a burglar, how viable are they at the current state of the game in terms of soloing, and grouping? I heard they have a lot of utility to bring to a group like debuffs and great burst dps.

I solo my Burg all the Time & have a great deal of success with it.

Though lvl 50 is a rough growth period for them, I am told .. I had some trouble anyhow.

Ravn

PS: Hunter is my main & I don't want to tell you how many times I see in LFF "no hunters please"
    [CENTER]When in Danger, When in Doubt, Run in Circles, Scream & Shout
    [/CENTER]

I have a Champ and a Hunter. Though my Champ is lvl capped and my Hunter is lvl 60, fresh out of Moria. I have a lot of fun with these classes. Champs are so powerful at lvl 85, and Hunters are powerful through out all lvls. Though. this is just me, but I had some trouble lvling my champ, since he was my first toon. I didn't get the grasp on how to play as one until lvl 75. I recommend duel wielding. You get more DPS than if you were to use a 2 hander sword. I've used both, though I switched to duel wield during RoR, and I like it a lot better.

All and all. I'd recommend getting both to lvl 50 and see which one you like better.