We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The tale of a Statue

The Tale of a Statue

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit, well several hobbits that decided they needed help from us all to construct a statue, hobbits like nothing better than eating so they ate and sent us all out on a journey to collect those rare and fascinating objects....Bounders Bags, inside these bags we would find rare tokens that the hobbits needed to build the statue. Servers across the world had one mission, find the bags by scouring Middle Earth, and so they ventured forth on an Epic Journey.

Vanyar ventured all the way to Appledores farm in the shire, their journey more akin to an apple picking contest, here they rested, the rest moved on.

Maiar wandered a little further with the servers, until they came across Lalia's Market in Bree, here the ladies stopped, looked, saw shoes and dresses, and there Maiar's journey ended, and the rest moved on.

Brandywine and Belegaer came across a strange wizard, talking with the animals, they felt at peace, they rested, and the others moved on.

Seeing trolls in Dol Dinen was enough to make Gwaihir rethink their journey, deciding North Downs was far enough, their journey ended and the rest moved on.

Whilst travelling with the servers Landroval and Meneldor came to a farm, the farmer asked for help and they so enjoyed feeding cows, muddying the pigs, stomping on grapes etc that they decided there journey would end and Northcotton Farm would be a good place to stay, the rest moved onwards.

As the other servers came across the strange land of mainly water, commonly known as Everswim, Morthond, Dwarrowdelf, Laurelin and Snowbourn decided their journey was at an end, the rusting amour, the endless swimming was enough to convince them their journey was over.

At the Ford of Bruinen, the Nazgul were defeated, but the fight took its toll on Firefoot, Anduin, Withywindle and Sirannon and they wished the remaining servers well, and ended their search, and the rest moved on.

Fighting off the bitter cold, trying to keep their ears from freezing and their noses from dropping off in the Misty mountains, Windfola, Gladden, Gilrain and Vilya made their final camp, the rest moved on.

The Walls of Moria loomed, the watcher reared out of the water, Arkenstone and Crickhollow had seen enough, loading Bill the Pony with the many Bounder Bags, they waved goodbye to the others, and ended their journey.

Fighting through Moria, into the lush green of Lothlorien, and the dark depression that is Mirkwood, the other servers extended, with increasing difficulty the search for bags.

Elendilmir, Silverlode, Imladris and Nimrodel found there happiness in Dunland, they had journeyed far, but here they stopped. The rest moved on.

Through the Great River and into Rohan the remaining servers continued, seeing the riders, Eldar and Riddermark found peace, the rest moved on.

Estel found Wildermore, and a sight they never expected, Nurzum, he towered above them, he turned the world around them to ice, they were spent, Estel had reached their goal. With warm wishes and fond farewells they said goodbye to Evernight, leaving them to face the final journey alone.

Evernight was alone, but with determination in their hearts they continued fighting and searching against all odds, knowing that as Boromir said, "One does not simply walk into Mordor" , they struggled on, hearing a voice as they journeyed, a speech to lift their spirits once more, "today is the day Evernight declared in one voice, We will not go quietly into the night! We're going to live on! we're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence.

The Black Gate came into view, the final bag was collected, Evernight held their weapons aloft and as one voice the cry was heard across Middle Earth "FREEDOM"
    Last edited by Mayblossom; Oct 07 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayblossom View Post
    The Tale of a Statue

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit, well several hobbits that decided they needed help from us all to construct a statue, hobbits like nothing better than eating so they ate and sent us all out on a journey to collect those rare and fascinating objects....Bounders Bags, inside these bags we would find rare tokens that the hobbits needed to build the statue. Servers across the world had one mission, find the bags by scouring Middle Earth, and so they ventured forth on an Epic Journey.

Vanyar ventured all the way to Appledores farm in the shire, their journey more akin to an apple picking contest, here they rested, the rest moved on.

Maiar wandered a little further with the servers, until they came across Lalia's Market in Bree, here the ladies stopped, looked, saw shoes and dresses, and there Maiar's journey ended, and the rest moved on.

Brandywine and Belegaer came across a strange wizard, talking with the animals, they felt at peace, they rested, and the others moved on.

Seeing trolls in Dol Dinen was enough to make Gwaihir rethink their journey, deciding North Downs was far enough, their journey ended and the rest moved on.

As the other servers came across the strange land of mainly water, commonly known as Everswim, Morthond, Dwarrowdelf, Laurelin and Snowbourn decided their journey was at an end, the rusting amour, the endless swimming was enough to convince them their journey was over.

At the Ford of Bruinen, the Nazgul were defeated, but the fight took its toll on Firefoot, Anduin, Withywindle and Sirannon and they wished the remaining servers well, and ended their search, and the rest moved on.

Fighting off the bitter cold, trying to keep their ears from freezing and their noses from dropping off in the Misty mountains, Windfola, Gladden, Gilrain and Vilya made their final camp, the rest moved on.

The Walls of Moria loomed, the watcher reared out of the water, Arkenstone and Crickhollow had seen enough, loading Bill the Pony with the many Bounder Bags, they waved goodbye to the others, and ended their journey.

Fighting through Moria, into the lush green of Lothlorien, and the dark depression that is Mirkwood, the other servers extended, with increasing difficulty the search for bags.

Elendilmir, Silverlode, Imladris and Nimrodel found there happiness in Dunland, they had journeyed far, but here they stopped. The rest moved on.

Through the Great River and into Rohan the remaining servers continued, seeing the riders, Eldar and Riddermark found peace, the rest moved on.

Estel found Wildermore, and a sight they never expected, Nurzum, he towered above them, he turned the world around them to ice, they were spent, Estel had reached their goal. With warm wishes and fond farewells they said goodbye to Evernight, leaving them to face the final journey alone.

Evernight was alone, but with determination in their hearts they continued fighting and searching against all odds, knowing that as Boromir said, "One does not simply walk into Mordor" , they struggled on, hearing a voice as they journeyed, a speech to lift their spirits once more, "today is the day Evernight declared in one voice, We will not go quietly into the night! We're going to live on! we're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence.

The Black Gate came into view, the final bag was collected, Evernight held their weapons aloft and as one voice the cry was heard across Middle Earth "FREEDOM"

Very Nice grats to all servers
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000339569/01003/signature.png]Sanbor[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Asroknight View Post
    Very Nice grats to all servers
    Nice story! But what of Landroval's journey?
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield in [i]The Hobbit, or There and Back Again[/i] by J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris99 View Post
    And Meneldor's?

Great story May, thanks for putting it down in words. We may be little in population but the people we have are big on awesome

Well done Evernight and everyone who farmed it even through the abysmal nerf on bag drops, the low population on the sever and the forced faire fun for bags. Even the little guys against all odds finished. Maybe last, maybe unfairly punished.. but we finished.

I think we were fortunate to have been the recommended server this week as all the new people running around made a huge difference as well as our regular farmers. If we hadn't had such a huge influx of brand new people come, I seriously doubt we would have made it this weekend.

I know it's hard sometimes to get groups and it's quiet and we complain because we are so small but I think as a server we are a lot closer to each other then on other servers where the chat goes so fast all you see are names whizzing by. We are sort of like a big family there. A big, sometimes dysfunctional, family that for the most part all get along and work well together

As someone somewhere once said...

Little by little one travels far.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Great story May, thanks for putting it down in words. We may be little in population but the people we have are big on awesome

Well done Evernight and everyone who farmed it even through the abysmal nerf on bag drops, the low population on the sever and the forced faire fun for bags. Even the little guys against all odds finished. Maybe last, maybe unfairly punished.. but we finished.

I think we were fortunate to have been the recommended server this week as all the new people running around made a huge difference as well as our regular farmers. If we hadn't had such a huge influx of brand new people come, I seriously doubt we would have made it this weekend.

I know it's hard sometimes to get groups and it's quiet and we complain because we are so small but I think as a server we are a lot closer to each other then on other servers where the chat goes so fast all you see are names whizzing by. We are sort of like a big family there. A big, sometimes dysfunctional, family that for the most part all get along and work well together

As someone somewhere once said...

Little by little one travels far.
    Speak for yourself, I hate every single one of you ########!

/s

./roll eyes

You are the dysfunctional part of our family Leth and I still love you no matter what.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarObel View Post
    And Meneldor's?
    They are the Great Eagles...
    They flew Frodo to Mount Doom, so he could conveniently drop the One Ring in the fiery depths...

I'm pretty sure I saw it on Youtube™ somewhere.
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

Apologies to Landroval and Meneldor, I wrote the story on word and was cutting pasting across, (clearly skills i need to practice on), have edited my original post and you're now are included in my tale

I was just going to add that maybe you forgot to add them because of the head wound you took at the Black Gates fighting for the bounders bags while everyone else was enjoying their completion buffs :P

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Griffy View Post
    They are the Great Eagles.
    I know! I literally squeezed my hands together with happiness when I got to do a quest with them (and I play on Landroval server!) I think I grinned all the way through the quest.

I still go by and /hug them when I'm in the area farming ore.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield in [i]The Hobbit, or There and Back Again[/i] by J.R.R. Tolkien

A wonderful tale and well told!

Congrats to all and Huzzah! to the determined and devoted players on Evernight.
    "After much consideration the mystery meat inside the cafeteria burritos shall remain a mystery. Trust us, it's better that way."

Nice text friend, cheers for share
    Once a Evernighter always a Evernighter \o/

http://galleries.guildlaunch.net/106...t014594220.jpg
    Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/