We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

From 40 questions = Doing Class Deeds is important for Helm's Deep?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Q27: @nick_wilbur you guys keep saying specialization will be chosen at a low level & bonuses granted. Initially, what can we expect with toons at 85?
    A27: DeviledEGG We'll autogrant you the correct number of points for your level. #LOTRO
    A27a: Deeds that previously gave traits will give trait points. #LOTRO
    A27b: You can choose your specialization and spend your points when you login when HD goes live. #LOTRO

Q37: @Lord_Dolvic will we still have "use skill X" deeds, legendary trait page deeds and quests? Will they now reward trait points? #LOTRO
    A37: DeviledEGG Completing these deeds will now reward trait points.
    A37a: Jinjaah If you have already completed these deeds, your progress will be carried over. #LOTRO
    Class Deeds = trait points?
    If I'm reading this right... Sounds like I'll have to start working on those more difficult Class Deeds that I've skipped thus far.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Quote Originally Posted by FittyBolger View Post
    Class Deeds = trait points?
    If I'm reading this right... Sounds like I'll have to start working on those more difficult Class Deeds that I've skipped thus far.
    If so I'm not sure how I feel about that. Some classes have really annoying trait deeds like revives for mini's example.

Come to think of it I wouldn't be surprised if it's that way to try and sell some deed accelerators.

I was really, really hoping never again to have to do another one of those use this skill 2000 times deeds. Oh well.

Getting as many of the skill-based class deeds on my main account (9 alts, one of each class) finished before HD hits has become my priority, as I'm guessing (until we are given more detailed info) the skills needed for these deeds will end up being split between the 3 diff trees - I really don't want to make up 3 different tree profiles just to get the class deeds done.

Presumably you can trait effectively without grinding every class deed, but for those who want to maximise their class they will want to get as many traits points as possible. This will make class deeds that we thought were useless (because they gave traits we don't normally use) a lot more appealing now.

I am hoping Turbine has taken this opportunity to lower some of the deed counts on some of the more outrageous class deeds.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Quote Originally Posted by dorpen View Post
    If so I'm not sure how I feel about that. Some classes have really annoying trait deeds like revives for mini's example.

Come to think of it I wouldn't be surprised if it's that way to try and sell some deed accelerators.
    I've always felt that the revive x times deeds were rather silly. If the Mini or Captain is doing their job, those skills should never be needed. Why should there be a deed to use them? I was tempted to let fellowship members die so I could advance the deed. "Oops, sorry. I'll revive you when combat is done."
    Feadel Morauko
    Brotherhood of Crimson Knights
    "Peace must prevail, even if the wicked must die." - Jasmine Boreal

Quote Originally Posted by Feadel View Post
    I've always felt that the revive x times deeds were rather silly. If the Mini or Captain is doing their job, those skills should never be needed. Why should there be a deed to use them? I was tempted to let fellowship members die so I could advance the deed. "Oops, sorry. I'll revive you when combat is done."
    Trust me, a mini or captain can try as hard as they want but if the other players don't know what they're doing, they will die.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by dorpen View Post
    But presumably you have most trait points for your levels without that, maybe missing only one. The rezzing is pretty easy if you have a friend to help you. Harder ones were for burglar perhaps where you had to have your riddle resisted a number of times! I found warden hard at times because often enemies would die before I could get off the gambit I needed for a deed. Or captain rez was vastly more difficult in the past (the rez had a long cooldown).

On the other hand there may be a small point here. If you solo-only, you don't need the Minstrel Revive skill in the past. With the new system however, points are points and you want them any way you can get them.

I wonder if there will be a limit of number of points you can spend based on level? Right now when leveling up I usually have more traits earned than the number of trait slots I can fill. Makes me wonder what they'll do with F2P/Premium players who've purchased trait slots.

This is potentially a big thing.

Right now, basically if you use a skill a lot, you are rewarded with a slight improvement for that skill. So if you don't use that skill in the first place, you really aren't losing much.

But if they now give points, it means you are now going to be worse off if you didn't use that skill a lot. And since skill tree systems are really like pyramids, with the better skills appearing at the top, losing a few points due to this means you could be missing out on a very powerful skill.

(Of course, that's the problem with skill tree systems, because things get better the closer to the top, you can't afford to spend points anywhere but one tree)

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    This is potentially a big thing.

Right now, basically if you use a skill a lot, you are rewarded with a slight improvement for that skill. So if you don't use that skill in the first place, you really aren't losing much.

But if they now give points, it means you are now going to be worse off if you didn't use that skill a lot. And since skill tree systems are really like pyramids, with the better skills appearing at the top, losing a few points due to this means you could be missing out on a very powerful skill.

(Of course, that's the problem with skill tree systems, because things get better the closer to the top, you can't afford to spend points anywhere but one tree)

I only play a guard and only used one skill version even when I went OP. Once I found the set that worked the best for tanking I stayed with it. I knew where the bard was but only went to see him if I got a new legendary to try it out and if it was better than what I had I changed to it if it was worse I changed back, then left it that way but I didn't complain that the others were useless(they were of course but no complaints).
    Mean what you say and say what you mean! If you don't there are always consequences!

Quote Originally Posted by Feadel View Post
    When someone was about to logout in the kin i asked them to die for me and go afk until auto-loggoff instead. If the other person does not respond to the 'player x wants to revive you...' it still counts as a rez but you can do it as many times you like in a row (or until you hit the daily skill-deed-limit.)

Works on a mini at least, never tried on cappy.

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |