We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Leveling 44-50?

Leveling 44-50?

I am returning after a long break and want to get my RK to Moria. She's 44 now and I have no idea where to level. It seems like the 45-50 content is spread out all over the place and I find myself running from site to site for hours or widing up in areas with no quests.

Where should I focus? I can fill in the gaps with Skirmishes but I like LoTRO for the questing

Thanks!

One option, especially for those who like questing/story, is follow the epic books. Volume I is extensive, if you do it all, it'll take you into the low 50s.

Note, you only need to gain one (or two) levels. At 45, you can go to Rivendell, and in front of the Last Homely House get the prologue to Volume II, which then leads you to the furthest SE corner of Eregion to the Walls of Moria to speak with a dwarf. You want to do this asap (they are level 50 quests, so you'll have deflects, but another level eliminates them), to get your legendary items, to have them leveling up if you return to your previously scheduled adventuring or start Moria.

Angmar, Misty Mountains, Eregion, Forochel, all have many quests in the 40s, although I go in to Moria at 45.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by Magorian View Post
    I am returning after a long break and want to get my RK to Moria. She's 44 now and I have no idea where to level. It seems like the 45-50 content is spread out all over the place and I find myself running from site to site for hours or widing up in areas with no quests.

Where should I focus? I can fill in the gaps with Skirmishes but I like LoTRO for the questing

Thanks!
    Skirmishes are a good idea, but Eregion should be possible (though a little challenging) at level 44. Work on the Epic as well. When you reach 45, go do the first book of Volume II to get access to Moria and your first Legendary Items.

Note that if you are not finding quests, it's possible that you don't have the quest pack for the zone. You need the quest pack in order to get deeds and non-Epic quests in a zone. If you played before September 2010 when the game went Free to Play, you need to learn about how quest packs work.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Thank you! I am only on book 5 of Volume 1 so I'll go back and do the whole epic line. Best thing about LoTRO is the story

From 40-45, I'd start with doing v1b4 in Trollshallows and doing enough of the quests in Thorenhad and Candelleth to complete the quest deed. Then, follow the epic v1b5 into Misty Mountains and do all the quests in Gloin's Camp. Then, follow the epic v1b6 to Angmar and do enough of the quests in Aughaire to complete the quest deed, also farm enough rep items in Imlad Balchorth to get to acquaintance for the swift travel.

By then, you should be 45. Drop everything and run to Echad Dunann, to begin v2b1 and get your first Legendary Item. After you get your item, begin your lvl 45 class quest and hunt down the first mobs (my lvl 75 Warden had solo'd Carn Dum and Urugath to collect the boss items, but you can get them from a skirmish camp). If your LI is not yet at level 10 and you're not yet at lvl 46, then you can begin to farm rep items in Sarnur. Once your LI is level 10 and you're lvl 46, advance v2b1, return to Echad Dunann and get your second LI.

After that, return to Sarnur and farm rep items till you're kin with Thorin's Hall, then you can purchase the 250hp/62% Goat steed so you'll have something decent to ride as soon as you enter Moria. Then, return to Misty Mountains and complete the quests deed in Hrimbarg. Then, going to Forochel, doing as many quests to complete the quest deed and enough rep to get to Acquaintance (again, for the swift travels).

Finally, after you've hit Acquaintance in Forochel, you should be ~47/48. Return to Eregion, and you'll be at least 50 by the time you've done all the quests and will be in the right area, level and equipment to stroll right into Moria and begin questing.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    After that, return to Sarnur and farm rep items till you're kin with Thorin's Hall, then you can purchase the 250hp/62% Goat steed so you'll have something decent to ride as soon as you enter Moria.
    Note the second quest hub in Moria now gives you a goat free. So no longer any need to do the Sarnur Thorin's rep repeatable quests unless you want to. (True the Thorin's goat has more morale, but since they removed most the MOBs in Moria, it doesn't matter anymore, nothing attacks you unless you purposely seek it out.)
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    (True the Thorin's goat has more morale,
    Only 100hp/32%. So, less morale and significantly slower.
    but since they removed most the MOBs in Moria, it doesn't matter anymore, nothing attacks you unless you purposely seek it out.)
    Not quite. There's still a fair amount of mobs in narrow passages, so saying you'll only aggro something if you mean to is a gross misrepresentation of Moria's current state.
    And, especially when you factor in the mobs with ranged attacks, relying the free, slower, less morale Goat will only get you dismounted.

45-50 is eregion, is a nice region, i think you should give it a try...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

I like to run Eregion area myself once I hit lvl 45 and have picked up both of my LI's, I do this until I hit lvl 50 then enter Moria until almost 55 and headout for Loth to lvl faster then return to the lower area's for virtues later. Everyone has different ways to lvl and I guess as long as you are lvl'ing there is no wrong way to do it. This is assuming you have all the quests area's unlocked.

When I dropped vip and went premium I waited till the quest packs would go on sale and would buy each area to save on TP's. I did this in order to get my virtues to lvl cap but this isn't needed since I have seen a lot of players working lvl cap toons with low virtues, but working them up in each area you own helps get you TP's so you can buy the area's you don't have if you haven't purchased them all already.

Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Only 100hp/32%. So, less morale and significantly slower.

Not quite. There's still a fair amount of mobs in narrow passages, so saying you'll only aggro something if you mean to is a gross misrepresentation of Moria's current state.
    And, especially when you factor in the mobs with ranged attacks, relying the free, slower, less morale Goat will only get you dismounted.
    While technically accurate, the actual effect is negligible. They added quest hubs right next to each other between the old ones, and provided ports in many cases, so there's very little travel now, as such a speed difference is relatively meaningless over half the distance.

Also, before the revamp you could ride entirely through without being attacked by MOBs, I know, I did it for someone in the forums wondering about skipping Moria, admittedly you had to know where you were going. Now there's a fraction of the MOBs there used to be. They removed MOBs on main passageways and between quest hubs. I meant what I said, having used the Thorin's goat all the times in the past, I was curious how the free goat would work. My level 46 character has yet to be dismounted, and this from someone who mounts up and rides through every chance I get. Even some stealthy MOBs in Silvertine loads were removed so you can ride to all the quest objectives with impunity. (This presumes you have access to Swift Travel too, if lacking access to Swift, I'd certainly invest in getting the other goat, as the distances will be ten times greater.)

I'm not saying you'll never get dismounted, particularly in the Flaming Deeps, but the time spent compared to multiple trips to Sarnur to do the rep quests, well, you be the judge. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    although I go in to Moria at 45.
    This ^ At least through the intro to get the initial legendarys.

Then you can go where you want, perhaps to go back and do all those epic quests.

Try Forochel for 45-50. The quests hubs are well organized, you should have no trouble levelling there.
    Silverlode refugee

Quote Originally Posted by redgold9 View Post
    Try Forochel for 45-50. The quests hubs are well organized, you should have no trouble levelling there.
    This is what I did this area for the early part of those five levels, then popped over to Angmar for some, and then Eregion for the rest. I wanted to experience all of those areas before getting ahead of them level-wise.

This are the zones about levels 44 to 50: East Misty Mountains, South Trollshaw, East Angmar, Northwest Forochel & Eregion.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth