We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What will happen to the Skirmish Mark system once HD goes live?

Will Skirmish camps still be around? Or will it be completely replaced by the Big Battles reward system?

Big Battles and its loot system only apply to the instances being released as part of the Helms Deep expansion. Of which there are a total of 8 instances using five maps. Some maps have more than one size model.

Skirmishes and scalable Classic Instances will still be here.

We will have Big Battles. Skirmishes. Scalable Classic Instances. Non Scalable Classic Instances. The old style solo instances some of which we can take a buddy into.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgoing View Post
    Will Skirmish camps still be around? Or will it be completely replaced by the Big Battles reward system?

I think he means the actual mark/med/seal part. marks stay marks, medallions get converted to marks at a better conversion rate, seals also get converted but into meds and also at a better than 1/1 rate and your seal count goes to zero. Otherwise those of us who have alot of seals would just upgrade their items and buy the new ones(with existing seals) and there would be no grinding for them(a perfect world) and would have a serious leg up on the rest of the community.

Hope this cleared up what I guess you were asking about in your title.
    Mean what you say and say what you mean! If you don't there are always consequences!

Quote Originally Posted by LaGere View Post
    I think he means the actual mark/med/seal part. marks stay marks, medallions get converted to marks at a better conversion rate, seals also get converted but into meds and also at a better than 1/1 rate and your seal count goes to zero. Otherwise those of us who have alot of seals would just upgrade their items and buy the new ones(with existing seals) and there would be no grinding for them(a perfect world) and would have a serious leg up on the rest of the community.

Hope this cleared up what I guess you were asking about in your title.
    I doubt that meds will get converted.

They did not get converted last time either. Only seals did.

I read somewhere that all existing seals will be converted to medallions. We will start off on launch day with zero Seals. Perhaps someone knows what the conversion rate for existing seals will be.

Turbine never messed with medallions or regular Skirmish marks. There have been other "at the time - high end currency" that has been force converted like Superior Fourth Marks. There have been special attractive limited time offers for in game conversions.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

What is the best way to protect my investment in Seals? I have a large number but never cashed them in for First Ages. I'd like to invest them in some fashion before the government creates a deflation event - an expansion that is somehow supposed to excite me.

Quote Originally Posted by AtonuTragona View Post
    What is the best way to protect my investment in Seals? I have a large number but never cashed them in for First Ages. I'd like to invest them in some fashion [...]
    The seals you have now can only be used to buy level 85 seal-priced items (armor, empowerment/delving scrolls, Celebrimbor/Elder King symbols). I can't imagine any sort of worthwhile investment in those, except by purchasing items you will actually use.

If you keep them and allow them to auto-convert to medallions when HD is released, you'll (probably) get a better conversion rate than you would if you went to skirm camp and converted them now. You could then use those medallions to purchase level 95 items at medallion prices. If it turns out that there actually is a market for level 85 items post-HD, those items will be available for medallion-prices (likely reduced from their current prices) and you may well end up paying less for them after the conversion.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]