We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

After Eregion: QP's vs. Expacs

I'm premium, playing thru Eregion right now. Once I finish, it'll be time for more content. If I follow the scheme of quest packs from https://www.lotro.com/en/lotro-store-quest-packs , Lothlórien should be my next purchase and I COULD continue the quest pack route with Endewaith, Great River and Wildermore.

OR...

Could I just buy the $40 quad pack of expansions and then I won't need anymore quest packs (key word = NEED) and just level thru Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard and Rohan and get the other quest packs eventually just to complete things?

The quad-pack is all that you need. And if you pre-order Helm's Deep, you can get the quad for $20 instead of $40.

Keep in mind, Lothlorien is lvl 60'ish content, Enedwaith is 60-65'ish, Great River is 70-75'ish, and Wildermore is currently lvl 85 (I assume it'll change to 80-85 when HD is released).

Thus, if you're not going to be getting the Expansion zones, you're going to have some sizable gaps in your leveling, since Eregion will leave you around lvl 50.

I strongly suggest getting Moria which will take you to around level 60. If you aren't interested in Warden and Rune-Keeper or the extra character slots, you can just buy the Moria quest pack. If you prefer leveling through action and fighting, I'd recommend skipping Lothlórien. It does include some orc killing but mostly it's quite peaceful with lore-oriented quests. Enedwaith vs. Mirkwood is pretty much about your personal preference. Enedwaith is mostly open plains while Mirkwood is a dark forest area. If you liked the atmosphere of Angmar you'll probably like Mirkwood too. Mirkwood also gives you the instance cluster (three 3-mans, one 6-man and one 12-man) if you like group content.

But I agree -- if you buy all of the expansions there won't be need to buy any of the quest packs if you're just looking to level up. The expansion Quad Pack can easily take you to level 85.
    [center][url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/8521714229lotro_lotro04.png[/img][/url][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by VimVeebo View Post
    Could I just buy the $40 quad pack of expansions and then I won't need anymore quest packs (key word = NEED) and just level thru Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard and Rohan and get the other quest packs eventually just to complete things?
    It has become Turbine's pattern to release a non-expansion zone after every expansion. (No idea if they'll keep this up but that's the pattern so far.) Lothlorien was released after Moria, Eneidwaith after Mirkwood, Great River after Isengard, and Wildermore after Rohan. But each expansion has more than enough content to level any character through its level range. So the path to level cap is typically easier (and often more interesting) using expansions than using the non-expansion zones.

The exception for this would be if you are VIP. If you are a subscriber, then you get the non-expansion zones as part of your subscription but the expansions cost TPs or money.

Given that you are Premium and have to buy something no matter which way you go, I'd recommend going with the expansions. You'll like them. The full Moria expansion comes with the Runekeeper and Warden classes plus two character slots, and the Isengard full expansion comes with an instance cluster. The $40 package gives you full expansions and it looks like a good idea. Buy it with a pre-order of Helm's Deep and it's only $20.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>