We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

One of These Toons is Not Like the Others

I have three toons that leveled to 30 in Lone lands. A is an elf minstrel, B is an elf Rune-keeper and C is a human champion. I then took them all through Evendim at the same time, running A through all the quests available, in order, until he hit level 31. Then B until he was 31 and the same with C. I finished Evendim in this manner and moved on to Forochel next. i would switch up the order so that it wasn't always the same toon doing the quests first nor the same toon doing them last of the three, as I figure the first one through would end up grinding a bit more as I figured my way through the quests while the last one would breeze through since by then I'd know exactly where to go, etc.

I quickly began to notice during this process that the human champ had to do more quests than the other two to reach the same level; he is leveling slower. I havent been paying attention to the xp numbers; I can't say if the champ needs more xp, or is receiving less xp per quest...I just know that when they are all at the same level, the champ will be further along in a zone than the minstrel or rk.

Anyone know of a reason why this might be?

One might kill more or lesser mobs than others.

A lot depends on how you play each toon.

If you are VIP, each toon gets Bonus XP each day. This is used on quests as well as on mob kills. So you could play for less time each day on some toons than others. For example, if you play one toon only while there is bonus XP available, then they will level faster as far as XP is concerned and need less quests to complete a level than a toon that you continue to play after the bonus XP is used up.

And then there is crafting XP. You earn xp while gathering mats and doing any crafting function. If the champ does not gather and/or craft and the others do, then the others will collect more XP while doing the quests. They will thus need to do less quests to complete the level.

And if one toon kills more mobs than the other toons, then they will collect more XP while doing the same quests.

And if the champ solos while the other toons group, it will take him longer to level up. Being in a group earns you bonuses for mob kills so a solo player might get 100 xp for the exact same mob as a group player gets 150 xp.

So as you can see, there are so many ways to level and it sounds like you are just playing them differently.
    [CENTER][B][I][COLOR=yellow]LOTRO proves that Middle Earth is Hobbit Forming![/COLOR][/I][/B][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by VimVeebo View Post
    I quickly began to notice during this process that the human champ had to do more quests than the other two to reach the same level; he is leveling slower. I havent been paying attention to the xp numbers; I can't say if the champ needs more xp, or is receiving less xp per quest...I just know that when they are all at the same level, the champ will be further along in a zone than the minstrel or rk.

Anyone know of a reason why this might be?
    It might be *because* you know the zone better. With your champion, it's likely that you spent less time lost, running into random critters that needed to be killed. Also, the champion kills quickly and doesn't need to set up like the RK, so it's possible that you spent less time in each area and killed fewer respawned critters.

Sound plausible?
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Do you have an XP bonus pocket item on the RK and Minnie but not on the Champ (maybe because you found a useful pocket item for the Champ)?

Are you using up XP accelerator items that you got from Hobbit Presents, but by chance you never got an used them on your Champ?
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

... one of those toons just isn't the same.

An interesting conundrum. I can't say I know the answer, but it was well-presented! (And I kind of like the idea of raising those toons in parallel.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiritier View Post
    One might kill more or lesser mobs than others.
    Well, I suppose it's possible, but they are doing the same quests with the same number of mobs that have to be dealt with...any variance should average out, I would think.

Exclamation

I have done that zone a thousand times. All classes have the same number of quest. So the reason why you leveled up faster on 1 toon than other is anything but the quantity of quests available per class.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Quote Originally Posted by Jadowyn View Post
    A lot depends on how you play each toon.

If you are VIP,[...]after the bonus XP is used up.

And then there is crafting XP. You earn xp while gathering mats and doing any crafting function. If the champ does not gather and/or craft and the others do, then the others will collect more XP while doing the quests. They will thus need to do less quests to complete the level.

And if one toon kills more mobs [...].

And if the champ solos while the other toons group, [....] same mob as a group player gets 150 xp.

So as you can see, there are so many ways to level and it sounds like you are just playing them differently.
    I'm not VIP, I don't use any xp boosts, I'm doing this all solo, and the difference in the number of mobs that get killed I would think, should average out.

HOWEVER...

the two elfs ARE prospecting while questing; the champ is a scholar and there are nowhere near as many...scholar thingys as there are mining nodes. THIS could be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Moskvich View Post
    ... one of those toons just isn't the same.

An interesting conundrum. I can't say I know the answer, but it was well-presented! (And I kind of like the idea of raising those toons in parallel.)
    Thank you! I was afraid it would be a little confusing or too wordy.

The parallel leveling is something I do because I'm not really a big fan of questing. While running multiple toons thru the same content CAN get tiring and monotonous, once you're done, you're DONE.

Quote Originally Posted by VimVeebo View Post

the two elfs ARE prospecting while questing; the champ is a scholar and there are nowhere near as many...scholar thingys as there are mining nodes. THIS could be it!
    That very likely is it. The crafting XP is small, but it adds up at lower levels...