We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question LOTRO Mines of Moria Complete Edition problems

I recently purchased and activated Mines of Moria complete edition, in a box including: 3 buddy 14 day VIP codes, Mines of Moria expansion, VIP for 30 days, 2 posters, and a starter guide. I activated it, Logged on to my account using the Normal LOTRO launcher, only to see 2 different "Subscription options" My normal one, and then the second one I had just activated (I thought it was for my normal characters and what not)
    So I had a few questions....

1. Is this second "account" Permanent? If not, that's just stupid.

2. Anyone else had this problem With Mines of Moria complete edition boxed set

3. Anyone else crazy enough to even get a boxed edition of LOTRO.

4. Any suggestions on what I should try?
    "The Grey-Company were the bravest, and the Best mortal soldiers in Middle-Earth, Excellent with spear and bow and sword."

Annnd.... I just learned it did nothing for my main "subscription plan" as if it were a different account.... *sigh* Even though it was supposed to give me lots of stuff.... Oh well, please post anything that you might find useful to me.
    "The Grey-Company were the bravest, and the Best mortal soldiers in Middle-Earth, Excellent with spear and bow and sword."

Quoted from a similar thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Please get in touch with Account Support, and they can look into things. You can do this by sending a ticket to Account Support through support.turbine.com by clicking on "Support Center" and then "Submit a Ticket." Additionally, you can contact Account Support toll-free at 1-855-WBGAMES Account Support Hours: 10am – 7pm Eastern Time 7 days a week (GMT -4).
    'Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein'
    the Ministry

Thanks! I'll get right to that!

What happened to you is a very common occurrence.

People go to the account page and enter their new code. The software assumes you are creating a new subscription and asks you to log in to your account (or create one). Then folks wonder why they have 2 subscriptions and things did not work as they thought they should.

The correct sequence is to go the account page and login to your account FIRST! After that, enter the new code against your current subscription. Then you are sure that the code is on the right subscription for your account.
    [CENTER][B][I][COLOR=yellow]LOTRO proves that Middle Earth is Hobbit Forming![/COLOR][/I][/B][/CENTER]

Ah yes except for one thing... I've already entered the code... sooo... I can't reenter it... or can I?

No I can't.... *sigh*

Just get in touch with Turbine Account support and they will nuke the new subscription and apply the code to your proper one in short order.

With a telephone call it takes minutes, a ticket will take considerably longer.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by PierreTheGerbil View Post
    No I can't.... *sigh*
    Don't worry. Many people before you have made the same mistake. Account support can fix things for you in a jiffy.

sounds like you created a new account instead of applying the code to your old account.

Is very nice of turbine to go through the trouble of fixing your mistake. Be sure to thank them for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    sounds like you created a new account instead of applying the code to your old account.

Is very nice of turbine to go through the trouble of fixing your mistake. Be sure to thank them for doing so.
    Yeah except, I didn't make a new account, just a second subscription... I will make sure to thank Turbine once it's fixed.... But it's not... YET...

Anybody know if those buddy keys actually work? Are they truly VIP for 14 days? So that the characters created on it have VIP benefits unlocked?
    Lenghad - Champion on Arkenstone (Main char)

Quote Originally Posted by Khainud View Post
    Anybody know if those buddy keys actually work? Are they truly VIP for 14 days? So that the characters created on it have VIP benefits unlocked?
    I would be surprised if they did. Usually when a game goes FtP, trial codes don't work anymore.

Remember though, LOTRO does have a refer a friend program.
    Last edited by redwoodtreesprite; Oct 10 2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Khainud View Post
    Hi everyone, I just wanted to say that I got it all fixed, and I asked he support person if the buddy keys work, they told me that since LOTRO went F2P the buddy keys stopped working.

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by PierreForever View Post
    Yeah except, I didn't make a new account, just a second subscription... I will make sure to thank Turbine once it's fixed.... But it's not... YET...
    Second subscription = new subscription = new account. That's the basic process there, because if you aren't logged in then the website thinks you are a brand new customer and doesn't realize you have an existing account, so it creates a new one for you. But yes, the pals over in Account Support are really great at getting things sorted out, which they've done for you.

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post
    Remember though, LOTRO does have a refer a friend program.
    That program actually does not exist anymore. It went away with the forum revamp.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by PierreForever View Post
    Hi everyone, I just wanted to say that I got it all fixed, and I asked he support person if the buddy keys work, they told me that since LOTRO went F2P the buddy keys stopped working.
    They were wrong. Sorta. I used one last year and the buddy keys still work, but they will only create a premium account, not VIP. Which is still better than a basic account.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    That program actually does not exist anymore. It went away with the forum revamp.
    The one with the winged look mount? Guess they felt they didn't need that promo anymore...
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post
    The one with the winged look mount? Guess they felt they didn't need that promo anymore...
    As I recall, the winged mount was not even being bestowed properly to those who had participated in the program, and I guess they found it easier to just cut that program altogether instead of trying to fix it.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval