We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Poor server performance

SO Helms deep in November. That should promise to make game play very close to impossible . Since the announcement the servers have been reduces awareness almost all the time and the war steeds have new super rubber bands. Any possibility of getting this fixed FIRST. do we need another expansion we cant play with out sling-shotting all over middle earth?

I wish I could comment on this, but I currently have a very spotty internet service and it could be that instead of the servers. No way to tell.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I think the master is back messing with our game . Doctor please help us

The Master would plot something like this, that's for certain!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    I think it had something to do with the downtime on Sept 1-2... I noticed a huge different in the commodity of "Reduced Awareness," after that...

I'm assuming that due to the servers having to be rebooted multiple times, it had an effect on the amount of load a server can take, reducing the maximum, and resulting in more overloads...

Just my guess,

Glorgnorbor
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

overloaded servers with minimal players does not bode well ....

Lightbulb

Sorry but I have 0 issues and I play on many servers. I bet it is on your end.

Maybe I can help...

List your specs of your pc or pc's and internet speed. Oh as well as software applications that can cause slow issues. (norton, spyware trackers, etc...)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001bfdc3/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Since the recent reduced awareness has started happening I hardly have any lag now. I've been lagging like crazy making most instances and some regions all but unplayable for a couple of months, now though no noticeable lag just reduced awareness messages every so often.

There have been an ever increasing number of threads regarding lag since U11 (things seemed to start slowing down sometime after U10 for me), and Turbine have stated in the past that they were implementing some sort of monitoring into the client to try and improve things. I'm wondering if the new reduced awareness thing is their way of "improving" lag, i.e. when the servers/network starts to overload they downgrade awareness to compensate?

I could be making 2 + 2 = anything other than 4, but it's a theory.

Whatever the cause, it doesn't bode well for HD.

Well there are different zones you can be placed in when lagg happens. I Think HD will intoduce these zones on all servers for that region.
    lagg will happen for sure the first days but be reduced after a couple of days. Try playing a different day rather than the first day HD goes live.