We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

The Bounder’s Bounty Developer Diary
    By Aubergine Well, hello there! Aubergine here, and as the good hobbits have had me quite busy in helping them set up their fundraising campaign, thought I’d take the time to share some of the details with you.
    The Bounder’s Bounty will run until the release of Helm’s Deep. Unlike a more traditional festival, you participate by simply by logging in and playing LOTRO just as you normally do. You’ll just need to include some occasional trips to Michel Delving. (Read More)

Sounds fun... When does it go live?

You must love that question, right? lol

Also...

'when it completes you’ll find that it will display in perpetuity all those who worked hardest at helping the Bounders with their endeavor'

So the new statue will have a clicky that shows some kind of info on who contributed the most? Or am I taking that the wrong way?

Thanks, look forward to seeing the rewards!

Intriguing idea. I like how it engages the players to actively make a direct change to something in-game (aka the statue in MD). I hope similar activities continue in the game, as I see it as a great way for players to help shape the game.

Quote Originally Posted by matalan View Post
    'when it completes you’ll find that it will display in perpetuity all those who worked hardest at helping the Bounders with their endeavor'

So the new statue will have a clicky that shows some kind of info on who contributed the most? Or am I taking that the wrong way?
    This I am similarly confused about. Originally, I was imagining a new statue with perhaps the five highest contributing players carved into the tree. Our names on a plaque would perhaps make more sense. Some clarity would be nice, though the mystery will help motivate more people to actively participate as well.

Sounds very nice tbh, just out of curiosity, will creep players get the server wide buff also? If not do we get some kind of buff or does it not work in the moors?

Info from Twitter.... 'Will be live with Update 11.3'

The Bounder’s Bounty will run until the release of Helm’s Deep.
    Another festival I can't wait for the end of! ;-) (At least this one doesn't sound like it'll be popping up the horrible new lack-of-notification annoyance.)

I wonder if this'll be the new judge of servers instead of instance completions, and "which server is the best" threads will be answered with screenshots of their MD statues?
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

I'm glad to see you learned your lesson from Asheron's Call and didn't make this something the whole server had to work at to destroy. This probably can't backfire like the last time.

http://tinyurl.com/ctuue9k for a little history, in case anyone was curious what I'm referring to. (Language may be considered NSFW.)

Sounds like good fun - though I am slightly worried that our low population server may not make it to the goal... (though we'll have to wait and see before pleading for assistance from kind people with low level alts on our servers :P )

Also...

Or maybe it will be a statue of a representative of each of the four races, with their sizes relative to each race's total accumulated contributions. I'm thinking Ministry of Magic style.

... Do I actually just want to see a statue with a hobbit towering over everybody else? maybe...

Sounds like fun! I love the Michel Delving war-steed. It certainly will be interesting to see which server gets it done first.
    My characters are listed at my [url=http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Elinnea#LOTRO_Characters]lotro-wiki page[/url].

I like it. It sounds like you'll get tokens just from doing ordinary quests (and festival stuff), and then you can decide when and how to turn them in. The mechanic of an all-server-goal is interesting -- of course, it depends on how crazy the goal is, like millions of tokens. I assume that these tokens will go directly into the barter wallet, and that they'll be bound to character (and not shared, although shared would be nice!).

OK so when does 11.3 get released?
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OOGLYqiRemk/U2TxWOwnO6I/AAAAAAAACSE/bk3MyjILFJ0/w350-h120-no/LOTRO+Forums+Sig.jpg[/IMG]

Fat, Fuzzy, & Disabled............life doesn't get any better!
    Kinship: Roxxi Manor

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Sounds fun... When does it go live?

You must love that question, right? lol

Also...

Thanks, look forward to seeing the rewards!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grhysli View Post
    OK so when does 11.3 get released?
    Monday. Downtime notices should be going up later today and patch notes will be posted Monday during the downtime.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The Bounder’s Bounty Developer Diary
    By Aubergine Well, hello there! Aubergine here, and as the good hobbits have had me quite busy in helping them set up their fundraising campaign, thought I’d take the time to share some of the details with you."
    Can you reveal the amount of funds the Bounders which to Obtain?

Anyone happen to take a screenshot of the prices on the second vendor ? =) I was hoping it'd phase in for each player as they completed their T1-T2-T3 aiding deed instead of at the server level!
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Sounds fun, I always like the idea of getting new stuff and to protect the shire to do it is even better. I hope there is pie!

Is the Server wide goal going to be scaled up or down somehow depending on the server? If not I can see servers like Brandywine and Landroval hitting that mark quickly while some of these smaller servers may never hit it.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    I'm glad to see you learned your lesson from Asheron's Call and didn't make this something the whole server had to work at to destroy. This probably can't backfire like the last time.

http://tinyurl.com/ctuue9k for a little history, in case anyone was curious what I'm referring to. (Language may be considered NSFW.)
    Ok, that's actually absolutely hilarious.

Turbine has done this before, back in 2008 with collecting lore to open up the rest of book... 14, IIRC. They told us that there was a date pre-set for every server to get auto-completed if they did not finish the lore collecting beforehand (a toon could only turn in 5 pieces a day). I imagine it will be the same case here, and that every server will eventually have all rewards open to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Monday. Downtime notices should be going up later today and patch notes will be posted Monday during the downtime.
    :O *crosses fingers for certain fixes*
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]

Not gonna lie, that new War-steed looks pretty cool! I really like the lantern. Would look even better on my War-Goat! *ducks*

Are these account-wide? Because I'd seriously like to to get the rewards on all my toons, but 5 of them are at lvl-cap with no "regular" content left to run. The rewards I want most are the war-steed cosmetics, but it will really suck if my toons who have war-steeds can't get the rewards...

I'd be happy to do festival quests, which is stated in the diary, but does that mean it will be active on Monday as well? Will it run the entire length of the Bounder's Bounty? Which festival is it?

And yes, the differences in server population levels concern me. Riddermark seems to be somewhere in the middle, but it strikes me as impossibly unfair for low-population servers to be competing towards the same goal mark as the high-population servers. Is there anything planned to compensate for this?
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

Now this sounds like a nice little feature, and it's about time Turbine actually did a community teamwork event in this fashion, as I had seen it requested often in the suggestion forums.

I do hope the overall total required to receive the boon scales with the population of each server, because I fear that Firefoot (as an example) would be far behind.

Can I assume that all servers will eventually be able to unlock the vendors that sell the steeds, just at different times? /Completionist

It says there is a "server pool" for turning in tokens... so the amount of tokens is the same for each server, or depends on server population or something?

I'm guessing we will have all kind of doom threads later.... if its the same amount of tokens for all servers, some would complete it earlier (and people will complain) and if its based on server population, people will say something about "x server is dead".

Unless of course, I'm interpreting that wrong (I'm completely sure this is the case).

From Bullroarer:

The tokens themselves are SERVER wide (like MITHRIL coins). The bind-status of the item on the 'server' level vendor varied based on item type. You do not need to acquire riding or a warsteed to barter for the mount to enjoy later. =); I do not recall if the mount itself was bind-to-account or bind-to-character, so you may at the very least have to create the characters and barter prior to helms deep rather than stocking it for any future alts you may want.

You can also get tokens as a hobbit gift.
    Sadly I dont know how plentiful they are from mob kills (This was non-functional in bullroarer)

There is a 'quest' deed involved for a title

There's 3 tiers of 'Hand in Tokens' (for 5TP each). Presumably these will be used to tier access to the personal vendor. (deed gates werent operational in Bullroarer)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I really look forward to this. It's a nice way of having the server work together towards a goal. Thumbs up.
    [CENTER][URL="http://toarda.com"][IMG]http://www.toarda.com/img/LOTROforumprofile.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.
    [/CENTER]

I'm intrigued

Maybe we can build a server event around this... *ponders*
    [FONT=palatino linotype][SIZE=2][COLOR=#b22222]LilyRose of Gladden[/COLOR][COLOR=#b22222], Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at[/COLOR][URL="http://rangerswest.guildlaunch.com"][COLOR=#b22222] rangerswest.guildlaunch.com[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#b22222].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by DiceBox View Post
    Intriguing idea. I like how it engages the players to actively make a direct change to something in-game (aka the statue in MD). I hope similar activities continue in the game, as I see it as a great way for players to help shape the game.
    Indeed, that's a fantastic idea - neat, unpretentious and probably quite effective. And there's a little something for everyone: the completionists will like the deeds, the perfectionists will like the craft items, the collectioners will want the new horse, and those who like to enjoy the environment will love the statue change.

It's also quite smart: a sort of perma-festival to compensate for the drop of activity from people going "I'll wait for Helm's Deep."

Sounds really awesome!
    And I fell in love with that mount.
    Dobb - Burglar R14
    Thar - Guardian
    now on [DE-RP]Belegaer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz8ZvHFuh6N7VByCiHXLpaw

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast