We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Class Traits / Skill Tree Revamp - Turbine Points.

As a f2p player, I enjoy scrapping up TP wherever I can. That means I end up appreciating the 24x 5 Turbine Points I get from unlocking all of my character's base Class Traits, it adds up when you have 10 characters. Gets better with Legendaries.

But with the upcoming skill tree revamp, I'm guessing those are being removed?

Should I be doing all I can to wrap up all the skill-use deeds and get my perks before HD launches? Or are there any plans to tie these TP gains to tier unlocks within the trees themselves?

I remember several updates ago, the Giftbox would grant mission scrolls to visit specific NPCs within newly level-appropriate zones (Evendim, Trollshaws, Misty Mountains, etc.) and these visits would reward the player with 10 TP. These were removed in an update, and I'm somehow feeling that this skill tree revamp will have a similar effect.
    Last edited by Meliarune; Oct 03 2013 at 10:01 PM.

Since the success of a game store is largely dependent on people feeling comfortable using it, I would expect that they will still have a means of in-game TP acquisition as a teaser for people to go to the store and acquaint themselves with it...and hopefully find something worth spending money on getting more Turbine Points to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Meliarune View Post
    But with the upcoming skill tree revamp, I'm guessing those are being removed?

Obviously the traits rewarded by existing class deeds (and class quests, for that matter) won't exist after HD comes out. The class quests will reward trait points instead, according to the latest 20-questions. Though they don't specifically mention deeds, I think it's likely that class deeds will stay, but with altered rewards like class quests.

Whether post-HD class deeds will still reward TP is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Meliarune View Post
    ...are there any plans to tie these TP gains to tier unlocks within the trees themselves?
    If you're referring to the class trait slots in the current system that must be purchased by premium/F2P acounts, there will apparently be some form of gate within the new trees that corresponds to the current class slots. I'm not a beta participant, so I've no idea what this gating looks like.