We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 105
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    163
    So let me get this straight... Concerning the books we get to assemble for our legendary traits from lvl 39 will still be there, as well as our lvl 45-50 class quest. We will just get points to use on our traits instead of the actual traits.

    Am I right, or did I get it wrong ????
    Leader of The Last Warders on Gilrain.
    [url]www.thewarders.guildlaunch.com[/url]

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    your mind
    Posts
    3,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Haue View Post
    We will just get points to use on our traits instead of the actual traits.
    Yes, which they said here as well as in a previous set of questions or the like as I recall.

    A ramification of that change is folks who didn't do those quests because they didn't want/would never use the associated skill will now want to go back and do them or lack critical tree points and impact skills they do want.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Widoch View Post
    So, will the level 85 barter content be adjusted to use Marks and Medallions before you take away my time and hard work to gather the seals I need for gear? Because I'd be really pissed off if the update came out, and I noticed all my seals were gone and my level 84 alt didn't get his first age weapon at 85 even though I've been working for weeks to get it.
    This is exactly what it means.
    Good news is now you can probably buy one on the AH cheap as people scramble to make gold before the conversion
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

    "Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    A ramification of that change is folks who didn't do those quests because they didn't want/would never use the associated skill will now want to go back and do them or lack critical tree points and impact skills they do want.
    I hope they change the dumb ones, like the traits for using revive skills.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBones View Post
    I hope they change the dumb ones, like the traits for using revive skills.
    Yeah. Those suck. My mini still hasn't gotten her revive deed completed.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sylvan kingdom
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Widoch View Post
    So, will the level 85 barter content be adjusted to use Marks and Medallions before you take away my time and hard work to gather the seals I need for gear? Because I'd be really pissed off if the update came out, and I noticed all my seals were gone and my level 84 alt didn't get his first age weapon at 85 even though I've been working for weeks to get it.
    If it follows the previous content pattern, then yes.

    I noticed yesterday to my pleasant surprise that my level 75 RoI hunter armor was now barterable in Galtrev for marks and medallions. Considering that I got the first two pieces of my armor on this toon when RoI launched with seals, I was very happy to get an additional two pieces with just marks and medallions.

    The toon is level 78, so two pieces of armor that I had were crafted Great River, which were better than the others from the RoI set.

    Thus, when HD launches, I'd fully expect that the level 85 armor that is now only purchasable with seals, will then also be purchasable with marks and medallions just like the RoI content. It would be silly, otherwise. Seals are for the endgame content, and Rohan won't be endgame anymore.
    Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar, tenn’ Ambar-metta!

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Q1: DanteIL: How will loot/rewards be handled in the context of the Epic Battles? Will there be token drops with a barter system, or specific gear drops for the different-sized Battles?
    A1: jwbarry: The overall system keeps track, separately for each quality of medal (bronze, silver, gold, platinum), how many medals you’ve earned, with bonuses being added for earning them in group spaces, earning them on the main objective, and earning them for the first time. Each of those is represented by a bar within the Battle for Helm’s Deep UI. When a bar fills, based on your selection, you will either get a class specific piece of set piece jewelry (of quality relating to the medal quality), or you will get some points towards filling the next quality bar (we refer to that option internally as turning pennies into dollars). The exception to this is Gold to Platinum, where upconverting is not allowed. Platinum rewards must be earned from completing objectives at platinum.


    Q2: Beltharas: Will Big Battles have difficulty tiers? How will the difficulty level compare with that of current and past T2C raids?
    A2: jwbarry: No. They have opt in difficulty as you play, allowing you to attempt to try to do more things and spread your resources further apart, with greater reward but greater risk of failure. The intent is that getting platinum on raid objectives is roughly the equivalent of tier 2 challenge from the mid to higher difficulty OD or ToO boss fights.
    Okay I like the sound of this. If I understand correctly the solo instances will probably drop bronze medals with a chance at silver if you complete added objectives, the 3 and 6 man will drop bronze, silver or gold depending on how many objectives you complete, and the 12 man one will presumably drop silver and gold with platinum available if you are a fairly hardcore guild.

    As the only way to get Platinum is from the 12 man challenge mode does this mean we will finally get back to best gear for raiders? Are the casuals / soloers going to moan that they cant convert gold to plat? (probably). Will turbine crumble and give them what they want? (really hope not)!

    My question is this - and I hope Sapience can give us a definite answer - Will there be any locks in place or will it be a farm fest? I'd like to see a daily lock for the 1/2/3 man content and weekly locks for the 6 and 12. If not, within a week the raiding guilds will have farmed all their plat medals and be done with the expansion which would be a real shame. I like the idea of a medal progress bar. Assuming a complete 12 man clear gives enough medals to fill half the bar and a full bar gives 1 of 10 best in slot pieces of loot this would give at least 20 weeks of weekly raiding.

    Protip for Turbine - give paying subscribers (not lifetimers) a +25% medal gain passive. P2W? No. Pay 2 advance faster? Yes. More money for Turbine? Definitely.
    Lose = To suffer defeat or fail to win.
    Loose = Not tight or released from a fastening or attachment.

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000017d924/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  8. #58
    "Specific changes to existing content may come later. The thing is, until these changes have steeped a while on live, their full ramifications are just speculation. Players ALWAYS find things we could not foresee on paper."

    Translation: Once the raiders have their fill of 2nd age symbols, we will make the content harder so that casuals cannot get 2nd age weapons. Later on when we introduce 1st age weapons, we'll make that content hard enough so that you can't get 1st age weapons unless you already have 2nd age weapons. And of course, without 1st age 2nd age weapons, you can forget about being able to earn platinum medals from the 12 man battle, so you won't be able to get the new jewelry set either. But its ok that you can't access all of the new content, because you are only a casual player, and the elite content is just for raiders. BTW, you don't really need all that great gear, because we've also made some content that can be done even with sucky gear!

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,989
    As previously mentioned (I believe by Crell), I am also wondering if the +10 quest slots will be available from the Store. When RoR was announced (or at least VERY shortly afterward) we had a whole FAQ about it, and the prices in TP for the xpac was released pretty soon. Specific features that could be bought piecemeal were also released. I would like to know what exactly is provided in the 4295 TP HD bundle, and whether any pieces not included will be offered separately. What differences will there be (aside from the obvious lack of pre-order perks) will there be in regards to the $$$ xpacs and the TP xpac.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  10. #60
    I am so sick about seal barter ... they really need to barter them every update from now on? Since all the ppl have billions of medallions from Sammy i am sure that no one would need them anymore, but seals are something different.
    In one year, not grinding at all and only having fun in instances, i got 1500 seals. Who need first agers for this lousy content anyway i said to my self? So i kept them in hope that i will use them in further updates hehe. But no, if you did not took the advantage of those, you cannot continue having them. In the future, this barter thingie will make us make math all the time: how many seals i need for next FA? 20? ok, i will do another 6 3 man instances and i am done. Why doing any instance further if those coins will be bartered at the end of the expansion?
    This also mean that all the instances will not grant seals anymore, right? So ... deja vu
    Andracy - Mns; Andrady - RK; Andrac - Hnt; Andracya - Brg; Gabytza - LM; Anduta - Warden
    Officer of Rangers of Eriador / Snowbourne

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    I would like to know what exactly is provided in the 4295 TP HD bundle, and whether any pieces not included will be offered separately. What differences will there be (aside from the obvious lack of pre-order perks) will there be in regards to the $$$ xpacs and the TP xpac.

    I wonder that too.

    With previous expansions as far as I can remember it included for RoR all three steed traitlines instead of one, the skirmish soldier level ugrade and the Erebor cluster, for RoI ToO and the skirmish soldier level upgrade.

    What we have to work with right now is only
    https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...-november-18th

    This really only points to big battles and both landscape and epic quests as the expansion content while all other items are part of Base and Premium editions that are available for cash purchase with currently pre-purchase bonuses added. The latter will not be available anymore once HD launches but the pay with cash editions will still be for a while.

    So the question is now is there anything else bundled with the 4295 price tag besides

    Experience the Battle for Helm’s Deep –

    Explore new landscapes across Western Rohan -

    Advance from levels 85 to 95 -

    Continue the Epic Story -
    and possibly the skirmish soldier upgrade?

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by andracy View Post
    In the future, this barter thingie will make us make math all the time: how many seals i need for next FA? 20? ok, i will do another 6 3 man instances and i am done. Why doing any instance further if those coins will be bartered at the end of the expansion?
    This also mean that all the instances will not grant seals anymore, right? So ... deja vu

    The math you should really do is whether it is fun to run an instance once you have all the barter items you need.

    The scaling instances will grant seals at lvl 95 again, I am pretty sure of that.

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Haue View Post
    So let me get this straight... Concerning the books we get to assemble for our legendary traits from lvl 39 will still be there, as well as our lvl 45-50 class quest. We will just get points to use on our traits instead of the actual traits.

    Am I right, or did I get it wrong ????
    They've answered that class and legendary QUESTS will give tree points. They did not answer whether class DEEDS will give tree points (i.e. use shield swipe 500 times).

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post


    Threat

    Q15: Mirnir:
    What was the rationale behind the changes to the threat system / in what ways will it improve the game?
    A15: HoarseDev: Our threat system as it exists on live pre u12 is largely invisible to players and if you saw under the hood you would likely not be pleased. Rather than expose it, and seeing as we were making fundamental changes to how character builds function, we decided to simplify it. Choosing a tank specialization will give you a tangible amount of threat. We will still have forced taunts, but whether or not something multiplies your damage (which differs from character to character) times a strange number modified by another strange number will be irrelevant.

    This really isn't good enough. You picked a question which allows you to be as evasive as possible around the answer, and then say WHY you are changing threat, and WHAT is was before, but not how it IS going to be. We need a proper explanation as to how threat is going to work.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandervahn View Post
    I count five, not eight. Extra tasks dont make an extra instance, but I´m open to be convinced otherwise if, oh if HD delivers.
    i assume the other 3 would be the crafting instances
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000008cd9a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rasmaren-100 Hunter / Mallethwen-100 Lore-Master / Raslo-100 Minstrel / Agentmulder-100 Captain / Bramgarrok-85 Guardian

  16. #66
    I wonder why they decided to answer questions they have already answered or in such an evasive way that the answer does not help much...
    Anyway, the fact that they decided to ignore my question (whether scalable content stays as easy or will become challenging again) shows me enough that I no longer have to bother with this expansion. And when I realize that I do not like the new tree system, I will probably be gone.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by Thruili View Post
    I wonder why they decided to answer questions they have already answered or in such an evasive way that the answer does not help much...
    Anyway, the fact that they decided to ignore my question (whether scalable content stays as easy or will become challenging again) shows me enough that I no longer have to bother with this expansion. And when I realize that I do not like the new tree system, I will probably be gone.
    I'm pretty content with the answers given here to be honest.

    and if you want challenging instances stop doing Sambrog/ost elendil/bfet1 and start doing sammath gul/sari surma/lost temple/smaugt2c/dol guldur/etc.
    [B][URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?385713-Kinship-Revamp-Proposal"][COLOR=#ed2669]A vote for the kinship revamp proposal is a vote for progress! Vote today![/COLOR][/URL][/B]

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    3,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilksie View Post
    Okay I like the sound of this. If I understand correctly the solo instances will probably drop bronze medals with a chance at silver if you complete added objectives, the 3 and 6 man will drop bronze, silver or gold depending on how many objectives you complete, and the 12 man one will presumably drop silver and gold with platinum available if you are a fairly hardcore guild.

    As the only way to get Platinum is from the 12 man challenge mode does this mean we will finally get back to best gear for raiders? Are the casuals / soloers going to moan that they cant convert gold to plat? (probably). Will turbine crumble and give them what they want? (really hope not)!.
    Wow, you and I read that totally differently. I took that to mean that you can earn any of the medals in any battle, of any size, but you can only upconvert as high as gold. Platinum can only be earned by doing the platinum challenge level.

    So, in other words, my understanding of it based on the Q/A is:

    All battles of all sizes, 1-12 players, have bronze to platinum challenge levels
    You get medals by completing the corresponding challenges in your battle for that level of difficulty
    You can upconvert your lower level medals to higher level medals, up to and including gold, but you cannot convert gold to platinum
    The only way you can earn platinum medals is to do platinum level challenges in any of the 1-12 player battles

    and, the secondary statement I read as meaning:

    The platinum level challenges in the 12-man version of the battles would have a level of difficulty comparable to the raids he mentioned

    Could a dev maybe comment on which interpretation is correct?

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsoldier View Post
    i assume the other 3 would be the crafting instances
    The question is about big battle instances. JWBarry counts three of the five instances twice (5+3=8), because they offer additional 3/6/12 man gameplay in addition to the solo mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    The other three are NOT just the same instance with extra tasks. The 3/6/12 person ones will be specifically designed for that size group as has been stated before these 40 questions. That means the differences will be more distinct than that between solo skirmish and raid skirmish.
    Yet that is what big battles in groups have been describes as before, the same battles with more objectives. Noone reasonably says they are "like" smirkishes". But going by the available descriptions, they are still going to be the same instances, incorporating at least the same types of "roles in battle" or whatever they called it, and most assuredly similar objectives and general paths to achieve success (if just to uphold continuity with the story). And going by the bland nature of a majority of the existing scaled (group size- and level) content, they WILL have to up the ante considerably to create something that qualifies as being counted as a "separate" instance. The game/engine to date certainly isnt known to be flexible and capable of providing leaps in gameplay. Your word is as good as mine here, unless you are violating an NDA.

    In the part you cut off when quoting me I did say that I am open to be convinced otherwise. On paper though, the instanced content could be seen as the lowest of all expacs to-date. On a positive note, at least it doesnt come half a year later this time.

    Personally, I will not buy this expac until I see a thorough moving video presentation (about time for that!) or play the stuff on Bullroarer.
    Last edited by Vandervahn; Oct 04 2013 at 05:58 PM.

  20. #70
    When did Guardians lose their acorn? I use mine frequently.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandervahn View Post
    Yet that is what big battles in groups have been describes as before, the same battles with more objectives.
    Well we won't know until we see them. However from this description given in the earlier 20 questions they do not seem to be the same physical instance just with more enemies and objectives:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The group version is a completely different space from the solo and has been handcrafted to be suitable for that player count.
    To me, a different space would mean that it looks different. Whereas with skirmishes the spaces were identical regardless of group size, there were no new rooms. I suspect it may be like some earlier spaces: one look when you're in the Battle In The Tower skirmish versus the BG raid, some of the rooms are shared in common but they're not the same, or maybe the epic book Carn Dum fight with Mordirith versus the Carn Dum instance fight with Mordirith.

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalderic View Post
    I'm pretty content with the answers given here to be honest.

    and if you want challenging instances stop doing Sambrog/ost elendil/bfet1 and start doing sammath gul/sari surma/lost temple/smaugt2c/dol guldur/etc.
    For your information: I have done Sambrog three times, OE maybe a dozen times and BFE t1 never in the past half a year because I find those instances/raids boring. I used doing SG, LT and SS for months about two to three years ago because they were fun, challenging and rewarding. Nowadays they are only a mere shadow of their former self where you can sleepwalk your way through with the exception of Drugoth/Ferndúr. Have you ever finished those places back on level 65? If yes, you know what I mean. If not, be happy that you find them challenging now.
    Smaug t2c and Dol Guldur? Sorry, but I have already done them succesfully countless times half a year ago. If you had at least mentioned Flight t2(c) or Battle t2c, those are at least challening. Alone of the dozens of skirmishes, instances and raids that are available at level cap.

    I am going back to levelling a new hunter just for fun and doing Angmar and Moria instances with my lvl 50 and 60 characters for now. And if these are the last things I will do in this game, so be it.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    404

    40 Qs and only one on PvP

    I have to say I am a little disappointed that there has not been more of a discussion on how the upcoming class changes will affect PvMP.

    The one question you did have on Monster Play was in the Mounted Combat section which confused me somewhat.

    Anyway I would love to see some more answers on PvP in the next 20(or 40?) questions.

    Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    This really isn't good enough. You picked a question which allows you to be as evasive as possible around the answer, and then say WHY you are changing threat, and WHAT is was before, but not how it IS going to be. We need a proper explanation as to how threat is going to work.
    I assume we will have to wait untill the Beta NDA is lifted until we receive any information about what is going on in Beat atm.
    [IMG]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii500/supermaco/2800703.png[/IMG]

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by MithrielWielder View Post
    They've answered that class and legendary QUESTS will give tree points. They did not answer whether class DEEDS will give tree points (i.e. use shield swipe 500 times).
    It would only make sense though, if you think about it.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload