We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why europeans need a creditcard by paying via Paypal?

Easy question, why europeans need a creditcard by paying via Paypal?

Want to have an easy answer from turbine, thanks.

lol, short answer you don't have to

i pay through pay-pal things and i don't own a creditcard, and why does turbine have to answer a question about the policies of a online creditcard company?
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Let me add a bit more data....

I handle Con Reg for a gaming convention and most of our pre-reg memberships come in through PayPal. Most of those are, presumably, from people with credit cards. From time to time, one comes through as an "electronic check" and the PayPal e-mail gives an estimated time for the e-check to clear (usually in the 5 to 7 day range). On one occasion, such an e-check *failed* to clear and it was a hassle all the way around. It may be that Turbine doesn't want to deal holding off delivery of "goods" while waiting for an e-check to clear and *definetely* doesn't want to deal with rubber e-checks. Dealing with e-checks is likely to be a "labor intensive" (read: expensive) effort.

I use a debit card for Pay Pal but I've also linked my bank account to it directly and I can, if I wish, transfer funds directly from my bank to my Pay Pal balance and then use that to pay.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixxer View Post
    lol, short answer you don't have to

i pay through pay-pal things and i don't own a creditcard, and why does turbine have to answer a question about the policies of a online creditcard company?
    haha...lol...silly answer...

I also used PayPal for years and never needed a credit-card. Only now buying HD from Turbine want to have me a creditcard. So it must be something about Turbine and not only PayPal.

PayPal don't need exclusively a CC.
    European customer can pay with bank direct debits.

I've also linked my bank account to it directly and I can, if I wish, transfer funds directly from my bank to my Pay Pal balance
    Sorry but this statement is wrong. You can not transfer money from your bank to your paypal balance instant online.
    You need a manually bank transfer from your bank to paypal which take some days.
    Last edited by Capt.Hunor; Oct 15 2013 at 08:56 AM.

Paypal, (fairly) recently changed their policies. They no longer seem to release my checking funds instantly as they have done in the past. Now they treat it like a check and the money is held for 3 days before the transaction can be completed. It still works, but it behaves very differently than I am used to. I suspect this may be part of your problem? As others have suggested, check with Paypal first.

Turbine used to have a iDeal payment option. That was just sooo convenient.