We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    Sounds like the current system for some in Washington right now...
    Ha!! I had a feeling this whole gov't shutdown was about the republicans being stuck in their ways and not embracing the new class changes and trait trees... and the democrats being upset about the inappropriate use of trees, because it will affect global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Seldomblue View Post
    Ha!! I had a feeling this whole gov't shutdown was about the republicans being stuck in their ways and not embracing the new class changes and trait trees... and the democrats being upset about the inappropriate use of trees, because it will affect global warming.
    +rep if it was possible, this definitively made me laugh on a tired and dreary Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by hey_dol_merry_dol View Post
    Battles are group content and HD is launching with group content that players from almost any level can engage in together. That sounds like a big focus on group content to me.
    Focus? You must be new here. Played any MMOs that actually have a substantial group component to them? If so, you wouldn't likely be defending the HD press release.
    Pity more can't also speak to the quality of said "group" content without violating the NDA. The news is already out, regardless - and it isn't pretty.
    Sure, Big Battles are the gimmick du jour, but that doesn't mean they will offer a satisfying group experience - and so far, the verdict is pretty negative from what I've read. They are essentially skirmishes, which aren't exactly a crowd pleaser.

There have been skirmishes out for years now that just about any level can engage in, but there were also instance clusters and raids in the mix as well.
    Meh, no use beating a dead horse. They offer e-zines a look at the game, but don't let them actually play it. Not really a confidence booster.

And to address your point, Khafar, do you really think the PR could be any worse if people had an idea what was up? At least then the negativity couldn't be blamed on conjecture.
    They can't win either way, but at least they would have something substantial to (potentially) quell some criticism. Besides, the LI issue happened when this game was in its prime - and you would expect a high degree of critical review. There aren't nearly as many discriminating eyes watching LotRO anymore... and Turbine, quite frankly, has nothing to lose. Lots of people are already expecting low-budget anyway.

I'll say it again, if you had something worth showing off, you'd show it off. Period. That's how you make money. Or you can try to make money with talk and hope people believe the talk.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgar View Post
    ...Burglar A: "I'm red traited with A and B traits in green"
    Burglar B: "Yeah me too!"
    Burglar C: "I'm green traited with A and B traits in red"
    Burglar D: "Wow small world - me too!"
    So why will someone with 2 trait builds & enough point to fill on each 1 tree, will put both trait builds the same? This will be simillar than i have 2 alternate pants, one for hot days the other for cold days, but both are the same lengh, material, tickness, etc. The pants aren't bad, i made a bad choice when buying them.

...Well they have already falsely advertised the trait "trees" because they look more like a diagram or flow chart rather than a pine, oak, or maple tree...
    On the statistic class, they teach that the sort of chart that will be used for the traits on Helms Deep is called "Tree". That is because the data is connected in a branch like system. Doesn't means that turbines will mail you a oak tree in a pot neither that will look strykeing similar to living organic tree.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Oct 12 2013 at 11:11 AM.

A more apt analogy would be the R's demanding Wardens being removed as a class completely with all warden characters deleted or else they burn down Turbine HQ, while the D's are saying threatening to burn something down unless you get 100% of your way is not a good way of designing games.
    "The LOTRO Store will offer convenience, not advantage." -Patience
    "These pots are only available in the store and they are not available via crafting. Nor do we have any plans for this to change right now." -Frelorn

And why don't we all stop the politics chat riiiiiiiight therrrrrre...

Please?

What about the Whigs?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    What about the Whigs?
    The Whigs are refusing to login until Origin reinstates "Power Hour."

Quote Originally Posted by Nilatir View Post
    The Whigs are refusing to login until Origin reinstates "Power Hour."

OMG! I hated Power Hour with an ungodly passion. At the Brit Bank that's all I saw everybody saying. POWER HOUR. POWER HOUR. POWER HOUR. Over and over again. And no one actually played, all they did was cycle through their alts for power hour. I was so happy when Origin did away with that.

Ok, rant over.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3