We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Quest Packs Help! Which to pick?

I still have to make up my mind to which quest pack would be good to buy.
    I have a free account and by creating characters and grinding and deeds and all of that, I managed to save up some TPs to buy my first quest pack. The question is, I really don't know which pack would be the best. I want to wisely spend the TPs that I got after some very hard work...

My main character is a level 26 almost 27. With it, I already did most of the quests available from Ered Luin, Bree-Land, The Shire, and I still have only 3 more quests left to finish the Lone-Lands. The only region I didn't do much was The Shire, and now it's kinda useless since my level is so high for them, and I never really did the majority of the fellowship quests since I don't like them much (yeah.. I know, but what can I say... I'm better on my own haha). And well, now it's the time to buy the quest packs. But question is: which one?

These here were the ones my friend's brother said I should try if I could afford them: Forochel, Evendim, Angmar and Eregion. What do you recommend? Other pack suggestions are always welcomed as well

And yes, I know paying for the game is easiest, but last year I had a horrible experience and it brought me a headache. So I want to avoid that for a while, and not to mention I'm kind of broke haha, so I would appreciate if the answer: "V.I.P is easier" would't show up (from all of the people I asked about the packs, this was the only answer they managed to give me, so I'm pretty tired of them)

And thanks in advance for the help!

For your level, Evendim is far and away the best. It's for levels 28-40ish. After that, Forochel is good for levels 40-50.

Angmar is a tough zone, probably not ideal if you dislike playing with a fellowship. Eregion is nice, but it's for levels 45-50, and is still a ways off.

The above poster has got the right idea although I would say that after evendim you do Angmar for 3-4 levels before moving on to Forochel, just to give you a better chance at the mobs in Forochel.

Evendim and Forochel were two of my favorite regions, but if you like to craft you're not going to find any resources in Forochel. So you'd need to have access to a region with that level/tier (Misty Mountains are a good choice). If crafting isn't a worry, I strongly recommend Forochel. It's a fun region to play in.

I timed some very good deals to get all the quest packs without being VIP, and spent maybe 1/4 of the actual cost for all of the quest content. It can be done, though I didn't do it all with TP in the LOTRO store. I can elaborate, if you like.
    I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?

> Founder of Legacy of Narsilion on Arkenstone <
    - Extra Life Gamer | Captain of [+INT] Intelligence Modifiers -
    - GamerReverie.blogspot.com -

Quote Originally Posted by AarawynnP View Post
    Evendim and Forochel were two of my favorite regions, but if you like to craft you're not going to find any resources in Forochel.
    That's only if you work wood. No wood nodes anywhere in Forochel. Metal nodes, however, are all over the place, and that region is actually my favorite for collecting ancient silver. The aurochs are great for leather, too.

Evendim is a must. It covers a large level range and has many quests. It also flows very well, thanks to a revamp. Forochel and Eregion are quite good also, especially the latter. Only Western Angmar is soloable, so it tends to get ignored for levelling, but it has some good content, including instances for level 50. Usually I go there from around 40-43, as Forochel is ideally a level 45-50 zone and can be a bit tough for level 40 players. That said, you may be able to reach 43 or so with Evendim, if you make sure to do all the available quests.

Once you hit level 45, I recommend going to the Walls of Moria, near Echad Dunann in Eregion. Here you will start Book 1 of Volume 2, which grants you your first legendary item. Once you complete most of this chain and it asks you to level your new weapon, you can return to Forochel to gain another level or two (Eregion starts around 47, but you can begin it at 45ish with ease). After Moria you really only have two choices for levelling each bracket, and usually you will want to pick up the main expansions, since they provide more content.

Quest Packs to avoid (if you are on a tight budget): Trollshaws and Misty Mountains. These simply don't have enough content and are badly in need of a revamp.

Evendim should definitely be your first quest pack purchase, and you can start it at level 30. You should have been able to hit this level with Lonelands, but it depends how early you went there. You can certainly go to Evendim before level 30, as the first few quest chains are mostly non-combat.

Enjoy your levelling experience

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

If you are on a tight budget, Evendim follow by Forochel would get you to near 50 easily with the double XP. After that, I can see 2 options, if you think you would like Moria, take the Moria option would easily get you 65+. Another possiblity is Eregion->Lothlorien with minimal time in Moria(epic quests) if you prefer to stay above ground. Depending on how much you take advantage of the double XP of the next 30 days, you can easily get far with minimal purchase of quest packs.

I can't give you any better advice than what you have already gotten (Evendim, then Forochel), however I would like to suggest that you go back and whip through everything in the shire. Not only will completing 75 quests pay off in 35 TP, but all the slayer and exploration deeds will pay off as well. You'll get another 15 TP for finishing the postal, pie and brew master deeds (all about running those quests).. actually, just check out this page http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/The_Shire_Deeds of all the TP you can earn in the Shire. Don't skimp on earning Mathom Society rep either... going from neutral to Kindred is another 50 TP.
    [CENTER][URL="http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Main_Page"][IMG]http://lotro-wiki.com/images/e/e4/Lw-logo.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Social:Kinships_of_Vilya"]Vilya Kinships[/URL] - [URL="http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Social:Lost_Alliance"]Lost Alliance[/URL] - [URL="http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Tuveneil"]Me[/URL][/CENTER]

Thank you all for your suggestions, I'll definitely keep them in mind!
    And since I like playing alone I think I'll avoid Angmar, but will go for Evendim and then Forochel

And again, thank you all so much

Wholeheartedly agree, and welcome to the game!

Bear in mind that for a month up until HD launches on Nov 18th, we will have a +100% XP boost. So your leveling experience will be faster than standard. That said, quest every last thing you can find in Evendim. It is one of the BEST quest packs (perhaps THE best) for the early levels. Follow that by Forochel (if you prefer to solo) or Angmar (if you like lots and lots (and lots) of group quests).

Ideally you should be able to start Evendim by around lvl 30ish and that should theoretically take you at least to lvl 40 if you do all content (probably a bit higher with the XP boost). From there you can do most or even all of Forochel to get you to roughly lvl 45ish. Once you hit lvl 45, it's typically advised to go straight to Eregion. Mobs in Eregion will be a bit higher (lvl 47-48?) but still manageable for a solo player at lvl 45. Quest through most all of Eregion. I always do that first to train up. The reason why coming to Eregion at lvl 45 is so important is because you can obtain Volume II Book 1 of the epic questline, which is required to enter Moria as well as the only way possible to obtain your first Legendary Items (a weapon and, depending on your class, either a second weapon or some sort of class item, like a Minstrel's book, or a Captain's emblem, etc).

Once you finish V II B 1 and you have both your new LIs and you are roughly lvl 50 or so, it's time to enter Moria! From this point on you will be able to level exclusively through the expansions. Do Moria until lvl 60 or thereabouts, take on Mirkwood for 60ish-65ish, Dunland for 65-75, and lastly Rohan for 75-85. Depending on how often you are able to play and how fast you level through content (especially with the XP boost), HD may very well be out by the time you reach lvl 85, and then you can level from 85-95.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

I have found that after completing the Lone Lands, you can finish out Evendim while working the Epic quest lines (which will take you into the North Downs, Trollshaws, and Misty Mountains), and by then you're within spitting distance of being able to start Eregion and then Moria. You can start Moria at level 45 or 46, and it will get you to 60+. Do they still sell that Path of the Fellowship bundle?

In front of puter. Thanks, online games. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWarina View Post
    My main character is a level 26 almost 27. With it, I already did most of the quests available from Ered Luin, Bree-Land, The Shire, and I still have only 3 more quests left to finish the Lone-Lands. The only region I didn't do much was The Shire, and now it's kinda useless since my level is so high for them, and I never really did the majority of the fellowship quests since I don't like them much (yeah.. I know, but what can I say... I'm better on my own haha). And well, now it's the time to buy the quest packs. But question is: which one?

And thanks in advance for the help!
    Go for Evendim. I wouldn't purchase Angmar just for those two or three levels in between Evendim and Forochel.

What I did was I'd grind all my class deeds and traits *in* Angmar and Misty Mountains in that "in-between" area. That took care of levelling and I got something useful and productive done until i bought Trollshaws with TPs.
    Crickhollow---Citridyla, Ythrondis, and Hraf. Meneldor--Dockerson, Kariadriel and Thasgar. Gladden--Gamoskorin, Henessy, and Lanthreldras. Firefoot--Amberson and Liedvar. Brandywine--Audny, Egilwine, and Gardihauk. I'm an altoholic, pie-eating fool! :)

Angmar is like Moria either you like it or you hate it. I would stay away from these QP's as long as you can because there are alternate zones that cover these levels. Evendim and Forochol were great zones for playing in and you are forced to go to moria to get your LI but you don't need to complete anything but your LI quest then leave. hope you like them.
    Mean what you say and say what you mean! If you don't there are always consequences!

Buy them all. Enjoy Middle Earth. Evendim, Forochel, and Eregion deliver the most bang for you buck though if on a budget IMO.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000004737b/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by AarawynnP View Post
    Evendim and Forochel were two of my favorite regions, but if you like to craft you're not going to find any resources in Forochel. So you'd need to have access to a region with that level/tier (Misty Mountains are a good choice). If crafting isn't a worry, I strongly recommend Forochel. It's a fun region to play in.

I timed some very good deals to get all the quest packs without being VIP, and spent maybe 1/4 of the actual cost for all of the quest content. It can be done, though I didn't do it all with TP in the LOTRO store. I can elaborate, if you like.
    Forochel is great for mining.

I will second the choice of evendim. Though North downs is also a good choice. I'd also look into buying the Mithril addition. That comes with Eregion, trollshaws misty mountains and someplace else. (if memory serves me) And 2000 TP. I managed to pick it up for $10 but I don't think that deal still exists. Last I heard though it was still available for $20. Still a good deal at that price. Four zones and 2000 TP.

Forochel start mob is 44 or 45, the fist quest is 45 or 46 anyway. No reason you wouldn't be able to manage that a bit earlier but it could become very slow kills and quickly rather boring. Lovely place, all in all.

LL should find you quests to take you a bit over 27...more in the region of 30 - did you finish all?

If cash is not an issue, or if you're VIP, then simply run part of North Downs, then Evendim as far as you can easily get (39-40)...then Angmar startquest 40 and follow that to 42 43, at which time I usually enjoy a trip to Trollshaws and Echad Candelleth. With some bits of epic storyline, this normally brings me through to 45 46 and Walls of Moria at Echad Dunnan in Eregion to get some nice quest rewards and the start Legendary Item (lowest mob in here is 50 or 49 so be aware it can be a bit of work but very much well worth it!). Using these LIs (or at least the first one), it's smooth running through either Forochel or even Eregion. Gwingris has quests from level 48 and as always you can take quests when 5 levels below. Forochel mentioned above has start quests from 46 (or is it 45?) and will also be a breeze using your fresh legendaries.

If not VIP and needing to purchase specific regions, I suggest Evendim to 40(note that if you start it at 27, you are unlikely to get above 38-39 at end unless crafting a lot or doing a lot of slayer deeds with the boosted mobkill xp) and then Angmar. Do all the bits of epic story you have remaining and you have 50 at end and can start on the fab Moria xpack!

OP - if you plan to see this character through to level cap and end-game (such as raiding) then I would suggest you also look at the class section of this forum and see what virtues you will most likely require. Then look at the wiki, find where to get these traits and they buy the quest packs that help you achieve the right virtues.

The point is this - you won't be saving anything if you avoid areas now and then end up buying virtues from the store - which when compared to quest packs are (relatively) very expensive.

So, as someone suggested above, go VIP for all the pre-Moria content. Then after Moria you can then decide on a case by case basis.
    <A sig goes here>

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    Forochel is great for mining.

I will second the choice of evendim. Though North downs is also a good choice. I'd also look into buying the Mithril addition. That comes with Eregion, trollshaws misty mountains and someplace else. (if memory serves me) And 2000 TP. I managed to pick it up for $10 but I don't think that deal still exists. Last I heard though it was still available for $20. Still a good deal at that price. Four zones and 2000 TP.
    I think the digital download is (oddly enough) $20. The physical copy I think is still available for $10. I also got mine for that price and I'm pretty sure it wasn't on discount or anything.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval