We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Suggestion: Account wide Stat Tome pack

I'd like to suggest creating an offer that gives x stat tomes to all characters on your account, e.g. the first 3-5 tomes for all stats. It'd be a nice alternative to buying them in Store for players with several characters who want a stat boost.

Thumbs up

This sound like a nice idea. I bet will also be awfully expensive unless they reduce the default price of indivudual stat tomes & bulk pack per character.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Would be nice indeed, but will not happen since they would have to reimburce the players that bought stat tomes for all their toons.

also they will not do this because then they would loose income so that when you roll a new alt you instantly would get the stat tomes changes on that char since you allready bought it account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ildragorn View Post
    Would be nice indeed, but will not happen since they would have to reimburce the players that bought stat tomes for all their toons.

also they will not do this because then they would loose income so that when you roll a new alt you instantly would get the stat tomes changes on that char since you allready bought it account wide.
    Going by that logic, they should never sell account-wide versions of Store-exclusive mounts or the riding skill either...

In fact there is some people (and I think it may be a sizeable number and, yes, I count myself into that number) who'd happily buy an account-wide version of something of which they'd never even consider buying a per-character version. Exactly because it leaves them with the freedom to delete and re-roll characters without loosing their investment. Or because they play a very large number of characters and cannot afford per-character purchases for all of them. So from this kind of person, an account-wide version will open up new income for Turbine which the per-character version would never have generated.

That said, I dislike the concept of stat tomes as such and I don't feel too good about an account-wide version of them either. The only thing that keeps those from being P2W is that their benefit is limited for high-level characters whose base stats are a lot higher than what they gain from the stat tomes. For a new character who's only just left the tutorial, however, the benefits from a full set of stat tomes would be substantial.
    A possible compromise would be to make an account-wide version of the full set of stat tomes available but to restrict the tiers of stat tomes by character level, so low-level characters would have to level up some before they could increase the numerical benefit they'd get from this purchase. For example, wrap up this package in a gift-box that can be opened as soon as the character is created. The character would then receive a full set of tier 1 stat tomes (which they could use on the spot) and a new gift-box that would only be useable at level 10. At level 10 the second giftbox could be opened to receive a full set of tier 2 stat tomes and a third gift-box which could be opened at level 20 and so on.