We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: One V Ones

One V Ones

Does no one understand what a 1v1 is supposed to be anymore? It means you make it a fair fight, or at least attempt to.

Lately its just freeps spamming self heals until creeps run outta morale. I actually saw a LM PRE Water-lore for a 1v1 fight tonight. Come on. Its not supposed to be a test of which class has more self heals, freeps should win that hands down every single time. If you want to 1v1, learn what that is first. Its embarrassing that some of you are rank 9 and don't know that simply spamming self heals is poor 1v1 etiquette.
    [center][URL=http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/Kyle_Bullock/media/ScreenShot00006_zps4850efd2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b567/Kyle_Bullock/ScreenShot00006_zps4850efd2.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

This must be one of those it depends on when you learned and who you learned from kind of things. When I was learning about 1v1's I was told use your classes skills in what ever way gives you an advantage, but No food, no consumables, no buffs, and no pots of any kind. That 1v1's where about the player playing their class, and that anything extra like pots and food was very bad. But nowadays it seems that pots, food, and consumable buffs are in style, and the 1v1's look more like a picnic. It seems that everyone has their own opinions on what is/isn't ok, and it likely depends on when and who they learned from. It takes all kinds to make the world go round and one persons definition of right isn't going to be everyone's. If you are set on certain specific rules maybe it would be better to arrange things ahead of time, because it seems reasonable that 1v1's that are formed spontaneously are going to have people participating who learned all different ways, and that is ok. If someone doesn't 1v1 the way you would like them to, you are under no obligation to agree to 1v1 them, problem solved!
    First Marshal Dinarian

Pots and food is allowed when you use certain CDs that make it just unfair is where the problem is for the most part

Before things go badly I re read what I wrote and I want to clarify I in no way get upset over pots and food, I don't use them but other people are in charge of themselves. I was just sharing what I had been told the rules where as an example of how everyone is going to come to 1v1's with a different set of rules that they have heard.

I think the addition of Tirks post proves exactly what I was trying to say 3 people all of whom have played for a considerable amount of time, all have different 1v1 rules. Everyone loves Tirk, but what he heard about 1v1 rules isn't the same as what Expel or I have heard, so does that make Tirk bad and wrong....DEFINITELY (just teasing). It shows exactly what I was trying to say which is that when people show up they are doing their best to follow the rules they know. Learn what you can from someone who maybe 1v1's with a different set of rules, or choose not to 1v1 people who you know will just break "rules" that are very important to you, or arrange some 1v1's ahead of time with the rules for that particular event clearly stated, but there is no need to be unhappy, embarrassed, or imply people are disrespectful and rude for having heard different rules than the one's you have heard.

A good example would be the last time Tirk and I 1v1'd he pots I dont... I heal and poor Tirk is a BA, at the end of the fight he logged over and we both said nice things to each other, nobody accused the other of being disrespectful people for having learned different 1v1 rules. That is respect and community and makes people want to 1v1 again in the future.
    First Marshal Dinarian

It's was a common courtesy pre-ROR to not pop 5 min cds/bubbles/warden-mini-rk[heal attunement at all *cough*claytime*cough*] full heals in 1v1s. No one wants to 1v1 a mini who's just gonna get low, full heal and repeat.. I've seen minis 2v1 3v1 and WAY more.. its just not fun.

Now, I've been Spider reflected, wrath-ed, hips'd against, dying raged, cj'd, called backup on after a legit /bow 1v1, etc, etc... Both sides just gave up and now its a pop all session. I still don't pop my Perfect Imagery or bubble in 1v1s vs creeps i know who will keep it right on their side[ancafuin, etc..], but in others ill pop what ill pop.

Pot wise- Everyone pots! and only half stun-pot. I don't see pots being that much of a difference kill wise if i'm gonna get you, you panic pop a pot, you're still gonna die..

Hell it's all going to be changed soon enough anyways so why keep creating useless inevitable spam threads?
    gg no re <3
    Tarine the Beloved
    [center][img]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4394/46je.png[/img]
    [color=green]Tarine - R11[/color][color=red] Stalkbait - R6[/color][color=green] Igot - R6[/color] [color=red]Tartarbinks - R5[/color][/center]

Last edited by PERQ; Sep 26 2013 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PERQ View Post
    so i'm trying to figure out how this is trolling lol..i just dont get it..someone explain this to me:P

p.s. apple juice
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001aaa8d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by iceman20010 View Post
    so i'm trying to figure out how this is trolling lol..i just dont get it..someone explain this to me:P

p.s. apple juice
    Who said anything about trolling :O

I agree with you Expel, about the fact that little freeps and creeps care about 1v1s these days, being instead sitting in raids either side, but the debate for me, lies in cds. Pots are certainly, a no no for me, and also major cds. BUT, you must always be ready for what your opponent may throw at you. I have a very squishy (as most of you may already know) R7 aud champ. That doesn't stop me from playing fair in 1v1s. I pop no bubbles, or no dire need. However, if I see my opponent pop a major cd, such as a BA popping MT, or a reaver popping Wrath, I instantly pop one of mine to even the score, e.g Fervent Heroics. What I don't get is why we debate about this, play fair is all you need to do; being pop no cds if your opponent pops none, or pop the number of cds equivalent to the number your opponent has popped. Popping no cds though, may give you a greater respect with the community around you.

Knife fights behind ROP with one arm tied to your leg and reciting the moors prayer are the only acceptable forms of 1v1. This is a practice that has been around for many decades now, anyone breaking this code are clearly not true warriors and should be punished to reading all the OOC QQ for 24 hours straight.

Quote Originally Posted by PERQ View Post
    ...and reciting the moors prayer...
    I thought it was supposed to be reciting it backwards? Come on, at least make it a challenge. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Roddrildun View Post
    I thought it was supposed to be reciting it backwards? Come on, at least make it a challenge. ;P
    my mistake, im out of practice.