We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry Which Class will be OP in HD?

i have all classes but captain, i want to know which will be OP.

example should i do my mini or RK first.

Should i do my Tank or Warden

Should i do my LM or Hunter first.

if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoohooham View Post
    i have all classes but captain, i want to know which will be OP.

example should i do my mini or RK first.

Should i do my Tank or Warden

Should i do my LM or Hunter first.

if that makes any sense.

All classes will be nerfed and the champion will probobly still be Op

Well... you play a class just because it's OP?... Okey... it's your choice. However i'll give my idea:

I play a class because it's fun, so I think guard and LM would be fun in HD, because from the dairy we can say their playstyle will change alot, and in a more interesting way IMHO. I'll play the guard first, then maybe LM or burg (I like burg atm because they are fun too, have their own style, but not sure if HD's burg still feel like the burg I know.)

The captain sound like being nerf, because their buffs now base on which "tree" they choose, and I think no one is gonna choose a capt for heal anymore, because 1st: their heal < mini/rk, 2'nd and most importance: they can no longer buff damage. The same for dps spot, because a capt's dps < champ/hunter and they no longer can heal if they chosed the "dps tree". I understand why Turbine do this. They want to stop the "unbalance group" with all dps and 1 cappy, where tank and healer have no role. But I think they did it the wrong way. Instead increase the difficulty of the instance so people must have a balance group with tank-heal-dps-support, Turbine nerf all class and limit them in 1 role at a time.

Hunter, yes they have their "shot on the move stance", but i think in general, their role and play style wont change much (some "pro-pvp-hunters" have already "shot on the move" without the change).

Mini: could be a little nerf cuz their dps stance focus on single target now, instead of AoE, due to the dairy. But I think there playstyle wont change much.

Champ: I dont really play or care much about this class, so I cant say anything.

RK: I have a feeling that this class is gonna be nerf too. Atm, a RK can swap from dps to heal in second if the main healer die. But in HD, with healing skills gate behind the healing tree, they wont be able to do this anymore. About RK's damage, I cant say anything from the dairy. Yes there will be lighting base on mobility, single target; Yes there will be fire base on DoT and AoE; BUT how much damage they can do is the point. Atm, RK has lightning and fire too, but their dps cannot compare with champ/hunter, or even a good OP guard.

Not all classes are getting nerfed...... Guards are getting a massive improvement across all lines... Lms are losing their versatility but instead each line by it self seems much more impressive... Hunters get to walk around and shoot.... etc

To be fair we cant know how well this will all work... The most important thing is that they dont mess up when assigning values to each attack...
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Right after launch:

PvMP wise: All of them (unless monsters gets major update themselves which I highly doubt)

PvE wise: All of them

Spar wise: All but Guards and Caps.

Be prepare for major changes/nerfs in January.

Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post
    Right after launch:

PvMP wise: All of them (unless monsters gets major update themselves which I highly doubt)

PvE wise: All of them

Spar wise: All but Guards and Caps.

Be prepare for major changes/nerfs in January.
    You have absolutely no way of knowing anything you wrote here.

Pvmp: Its unclear... Since there wont be so many "do it all well at the same time" classes.. You cant really know which way pvp will go.. Ill go ahead and attribute your conclusion to cynicism...

PvE: It all depends on how strong they decide to make the mobs...

Spar: Again... No way of knowing that...
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Every class will be accused of being overpowered (and in need of nerfs), and every class will have people swearing up and down that they're horribly underpowered, in need of some buffing. That isn't even a prediction - it's as certain as tomorrow's sunrise.

Khafar

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    Every class will be accused of being overpowered (and in need of nerfs), and every class will have people swearing up and down that they're horribly underpowered, in need of some buffing. That isn't even a prediction - it's as certain as tomorrow's sunrise.

Khafar

The OP class will always be the one that you are not playing....

I know that LM and Fire RK will be great in HD.

so what do we know at this point. Truthfully little, we don't have a list of skills that are gated and which are base. We have no data on the potency. Each diary was little more than a fuzzy snapshot, so unless you are in the beta you know very little. That said the op class will still be the and always be the warden. They will be op because they are wardens and no other reason.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post

Khafar
    Not captains, and probably not hunters either. Burgs, LMs and fire RKs possibly.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons