We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

It's broke again

I know, I'm F2P and have no right to cry and I've not logged into the game much of late.

With that said, it's compounded by the fact there are no vet creeps logging in either. Where's Virg, Grog, Spidey or others.. Oh wait, I know, they are off paying for and playing other games.

It's really not the fact that Freeps are so OP and have the win button back that I have been absent, it's the fact that so many of my comrades are absent that I've been absent..

I know, I know, hate the game and not the player but the fact is, if you pay to win then you are part of the problem.. Paying for a product that's broken just isn't my thing. But hey Jack!! If that's what floats your boat, then continue to do what you do well..

I do love Gladden and there are some great folks here but most are intelligent enough as to not pay for a broken game. So if things change and my friends start showing back up. Please sent me a note and I'll be back in a heartbeat..
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    I know, I'm F2P and have no right to cry and I've not logged into the game much of late.

With that said, it's compounded by the fact there are no vet creeps logging in either. Where's Virg, Grog, Spidey or others.. Oh wait, I know, they are off paying for and playing other games.

It's really not the fact that Freeps are so OP and have the win button back that I have been absent, it's the fact that so many of my comrades are absent that I've been absent..

I know, I know, hate the game and not the player but the fact is, if you pay to win then you are part of the problem.. Paying for a product that's broken just isn't my thing. But hey Jack!! If that's what floats your boat, then continue to do what you do well..

I do love Gladden and there are some great folks here but most are intelligent enough as to not pay for a broken game. So if things change and my friends start showing back up. Please sent me a note and I'll be back in a heartbeat..
    Plenty of vet creeps are still logging in. Just none whose cud you suckle. And it would seem that creeps are still getting just as many kills as freeps. I guess we'll see you and the rest of your tribe when creeps are OP again. Until then, buh bye ez moder!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    Plenty of vet creeps are still logging in. Just none whose cud you suckle. And it would seem that creeps are still getting just as many kills as freeps. I guess we'll see you and the rest of your tribe when creeps are OP again. Until then, buh bye ez moder!
    and this is coming from a Hunter and someone with multiple accounts... I see why this thread struck a nerve with you.
    We needn't worry about you going elsewhere.. Where else can you buy opness and expliot so easily? haha (and he calls me an ez moder).. and don't hate me cause I don't suckle your cud like the others we know who do?

and what's up with you playing the tribe/kinship card.. tis tis.. after all the crying you've done when other's do that to you.. oh, but your special and none of that kind of stuff applies to you huh?

Speaking of money, I just wish I could buy you for what your worth and sell you for what you think your worth..

Now go wipe that nasty nose of yours kid....

PS: Oh, and I did say Vet Creeps, not Vet Flipfloppers..
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Mar 28 2013 at 04:28 PM.
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

and this is coming from a Hunter and someone with multiple accounts... I see why this thread struck a nerve with you.
    We needn't worry about you going elsewhere.. Where else can you buy opness and expliot so easily? haha (and he calls me an ez moder).. and don't hate me cause I don't suckle your cud like the others we know who do?

and what's up with you playing the tribe/kinship card.. tis tis.. after all the crying you've done when other's do that to you.. oh, but your special and none of that kind of stuff applies to you huh?

Speaking of money, I just wish I could buy you for what your worth and sell you for what you think your worth..

Now go wipe that nasty nose of yours kid....

PS: Oh, and I did say Vet Creeps, not Vet Flipfloppers..
    Keep crying a river, Gunnor. I'll keep raking in the infamy. You were out every day all day when creeps were at their prime, along with your tribe. Where are you guys at now, post-Update10? Can't hang? I provided you with links that proved creeps are still getting just as much infamy/renown as their freeps counterpart. Sorry if the balance is too challenging for you and your tribe to handle. Buh bye. See you next time creeps become OP.

PS: This vet "flipflopper" had two creeps on the leaderboard yesterday while you and your tribe had zero. If you can't hang with the changes, just be done with it. Freeps are EZ mode, as you say, yet here I am, with both my reaver and wl on leaderboards. Where are you and your tribe at? I haven't had any issues killing freeps. I can try to teach you to play creep, if you're interested. Shoot me a tell on creep or a mail on freep. I'm more than happy to help players who can't handle simple challenges in-game.
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Mar 29 2013 at 08:57 AM.
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

There are almost no what I would say true creep 'vets' left. Then there aren't many freep ones either. IMO 'Vets' were R5 Pre-Book 12 of SoA. When it was an accomplishment.

So in short, neither of you count as Creep Vets.

Keep crying a river, Gunnor. I'll keep raking in the infamy. You were out every day all day when creeps were at their prime, along with your tribe. Where are you guys at now, post-Update10? Can't hang? I provided you with links that proved creeps are still getting just as much infamy/renown as their freeps counterpart. Sorry if the balance is too challenging for you and your tribe of half-asses to handle. Buh bye. See you next time creeps become OP.

PS: This vet "flipflopper" had two creeps on the leaderboard yesterday while you and your tribe had zero. If you can't hang with the changes, just be done with it. Freeps are EZ mode, as you say, yet here I am, with both my reaver and wl on leaderboards. Where are you and your tribe at? I haven't had any issues killing freeps. I can try to teach you to play creep, if you're interested. Shoot me a tell on creep or a mail on freep. I'm more than happy to help players who can't handle simple challenges in-game.
    I've been out more since update 10 than you were out on your hunter all of the previous patch and seriously, just because you lost your win button then, you really think creeps were all OP?? LMFAO!!!!

Of course your out getting lots of infamy and renown, that's what you do.. Flipfloppin and farming low ranks, poorly equipped with little to no Audacity.. As poor a player as Ronnug is, even he had over 7K AND 21 KB's a couple of days ago against those same lowbies. I guess you find that really challenging and fun huh?

And seriously, your going to use the leader boards as proof to what? You do realize that most creeps get a 1 to 2 K head start just because of the dailies we do that Freeps usually don't? However, it does show some proof at to what is broken in this game.. Look at all those folks that measure good pvp by how much renown or infamy they farm? At least Spwit comes out solo and dies more than his fair share which is more than I can say for your ez-mode hunt..

Let's be honest, the only real challenge you get from this game if from finding ways to exploit the things that are broke and please, save me the community leader crude. The only time you bring outsiders into your raids is when you need "Fodder" and you don't hesitate to disband when your done with them.

And finally, what's with "me and my Tribe"? I'm sensing some animosity. I've only been in this Tribe for a little over a month after being solo for years and I am enjoying my new Tribe/Kin. It expands over several different games with a bunch of very friendly and helpful folks who I've yet to witness belittling others in open chat or displaying superior attitudes. I've witnessed you do both on many occasions..

Quote Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
    There are almost no what I would say true creep 'vets' left. Then there aren't many freep ones either. IMO 'Vets' were R5 Pre-Book 12 of SoA. When it was an accomplishment.

So in short, neither of you count as Creep Vets.
    You do have a point there Docrack but then again, I don't refer to myself as a Creep Vet. I can see where you or others like Eunuch would still view me as a flipflopper.. I just do it extremely slowly.

The only time you bring outsiders into your raids is when you need "Fodder" and you don't hesitate to disband when your done with them.
    This has always bugged me when people say it.

Gunnor, it is obvious you enjoy PUG raids and meeting new people on creep side. That is your personality. But that is not for everyone. It is a game, and therefore should be played the way the gamer enjoys it, within the bounds of reason and the code of conduct. Personally I dislike PUGs. I do not enjoy random grouping, it takes the fun out of the game for me. So i mostly group with tribe/kin or friends. To criticize someone for being selective in their grouping is wrong.

What is wrong with being fodder? PUG groups freep side do it, and also with pve. You dont bring randoms on a T2C raid, you bring randoms when warm bodies are needed and skill isnt as big of an issue.

I've been out more since update 10 than you were out on your hunter all of the previous patch and seriously, just because you lost your win button then, you really think creeps were all OP?? LMFAO!!!!
    No you haven't and I've never lost my win button. And yes, creeps were OP in RoR.

Of course your out getting lots of infamy and renown, that's what you do.. Flipfloppin and farming low ranks, poorly equipped with little to no Audacity.. As poor a player as Ronnug is, even he had over 7K AND 21 KB's a couple of days ago against those same lowbies. I guess you find that really challenging and fun huh?
    I go to whichever side has needs help / has more people to kill. Usually whenever the fight becomes a camp of some sort.

And seriously, your going to use the leader boards as proof to what? You do realize that most creeps get a 1 to 2 K head start just because of the dailies we do that Freeps usually don't? However, it does show some proof at to what is broken in this game.. Look at all those folks that measure good pvp by how much renown or infamy they farm? At least Spwit comes out solo and dies more than his fair share which is more than I can say for your ez-mode hunt..
    Yes, I think the leaderboards are pretty useful as proof. Seeing as they display renown/infamy gains for any given day. You see, renown/infamy is gained by killing someone on the opposing side. If both sides have similar gains, that would indicate both sides got similar amounts of kills.

Let's be honest, the only real challenge you get from this game if from finding ways to exploit the things that are broke and please, save me the community leader crude. The only time you bring outsiders into your raids is when you need "Fodder" and you don't hesitate to disband when your done with them.
    The only time I bring outsiders into my raid is when it is necessary. I generally will small group with a few friends or solo. If a raid is necessary, I make one. When it is no longer necessary, I disband it. Sorry, I lack the mentality that you and Vurgash had. I don't find it necessary to zerg around endlessly when the opposing side does not have a matching raid or numbers.

And finally, what's with "me and my Tribe"? I'm sensing some animosity. I've only been in this Tribe for a little over a month after being solo for years and I am enjoying my new Tribe/Kin. It expands over several different games with a bunch of very friendly and helpful folks who I've yet to witness belittling others in open chat or displaying superior attitudes. I've witnessed you do both on many occasions..
    I said you and your tribe. As in, you and your tribe were out frequently in RoR. You and your tribe are not out post U-10.
    [/CENTER]

Yes, I think the leaderboards are pretty useful as proof. Seeing as they display renown/infamy gains for any given day. You see, renown/infamy is gained by killing someone on the opposing side. If both sides have similar gains, that would indicate both sides got similar amounts of kills.

Infamy is also gained by doing PvE quests (and with all the new greenies, it sorta adds up) so it's not a useful indicator of kills...

I started to play pvp just about 1 month and half, so I don't know how it was before. But it seems to me that at the moment, freeps are a little OP, yes. Sometimes,for example, there are 6 creeps killing 1 freep and the fight lasts more than 1 minute. It doesn't seem very normal. But, I don't have time to think about it. I don't like being killed by necklaces. Don't like be biting wardens with their morale always full. Don't like to take 6K critical damages. It makes all more difficult, more challenging. Will I face the challenge? Hell, yeah. I think nobody likes easy victories.

No you haven't and I've never lost my win button. And yes, creeps were OP in RoR.
    Generally speaking and with the exceptions of certain classes, RoR was the most balanced PVP in the history of this game when it came to RvR and small group.

I go to whichever side has needs help / has more people to kill. Usually whenever the fight becomes a camp of some sort.
    Yes, you bring that Win button to whatever side gives you the most renown/infamy. Your not one who will ever be accused of feeding the other side for sure. If your not winning, you go do something else.

As pointed out in another post, the leader boards are misleading. If you totaled all the infamy gained from doing quest, it's possible it could be equal to or greater than the infamy gains from actually killing other players. Also, those certain players that gain 24+ infamy/renown can certainly skew things..

Again, the point is that infamy/renown is still a poor measure for good PvP but if that's what floats your boat then perhaps all your multiple accounts and investments in the store were meant for you. It's your money your spending, not mine..

The only time I bring outsiders into my raid is when it is necessary. I generally will small group with a few friends or solo. If a raid is necessary, I make one. When it is no longer necessary, I disband it. Sorry, I lack the mentality that you and Vurgash had. I don't find it necessary to zerg around endlessly when the opposing side does not have a matching raid or numbers.
    Finally, a shred of truth in one of your rants. You finally admit you don't flipflop for the benefit of the community and to help out. Nothing wrong with playing the game the way you enjoy or remaining within your circle. However, the pretense that your helping the side that needs help is misleading to say the least.

On the other side, I've witnessed Grog, Virg and others actually take new folks around and help them with maps and such and if you seriously think any of these folks form raids just to zerg, your sadly mistaken again as with many other of your rants and spins..

I said you and your tribe. As in, you and your tribe were out frequently in RoR. You and your tribe are not out post U-10.
    I'm sorry, but I since some other animosity here and whatever argument your attempting to make is eluding me, but whatever... Your right, the tribe I'm in is off playing other games that they are enjoying more for the obvious reasons stated in the subject of this post. Instead of paying for a broken product, they choose to invest their time and entertainment in something less broke.

This is personal observations and opinions and we're all entitled to our own. Perhaps the game is just what you want it to be and in that case, go nuts.. Wear that win button out!!!
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Mar 29 2013 at 01:30 PM.

Too bad I missed the beginning of this thread.

I'll jump in now though!!!

So Ron, please clarify how the game is suddenly broke with the new update? Is it the BPs freepside? Crit changes? First Agers? Shiny necklaces?

You keep sayin' somethin' about an I-win button, but i have as yet to receive one, so i'm wondering if i'm bein' shortchanged here; discriminated against.

You and Vic both have some valid points hidden in your thinly veiled barbs being thrown at each other, and i'm not taking sides here, but it's quite telling that you have hardly played since the update. That, coupled with the perception that creeps were more OP before update, kinda lends to the argument that you were having fun when you were rollin' peeps, but now that it's somewhat harder, you've lost your desire for the fight.

Oh, btw, the term "vet" is highly subjective, and everyone doesn't have the same perception as to what constitutes a vet.

IMO, I'm a vet, you're a vet, and Vic is a vet. We've been at this a long time, and I really don't see the need to stop now.

Then again, it doesn't really matter what I , or you, think. It's just a game, and if you aren't having fun anymore, then by all means...stop playing.

I will miss......killing you and corpse-jumping your creep carcass until a leg cramp takes me out for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    Too bad I missed the beginning of this thread.

I'll jump in now though!!!

So Ron, please clarify how the game is suddenly broke with the new update? Is it the BPs freepside? Crit changes? First Agers? Shiny necklaces?

You keep sayin' somethin' about an I-win button, but i have as yet to receive one, so i'm wondering if i'm bein' shortchanged here; discriminated against.

You and Vic both have some valid points hidden in your thinly veiled barbs being thrown at each other, and i'm not taking sides here, but it's quite telling that you have hardly played since the update. That, coupled with the perception that creeps were more OP before update, kinda lends to the argument that you were having fun when you were rollin' peeps, but now that it's somewhat harder, you've lost your desire for the fight.

Oh, btw, the term "vet" is highly subjective, and everyone doesn't have the same perception as to what constitutes a vet.

IMO, I'm a vet, you're a vet, and Vic is a vet. We've been at this a long time, and I really don't see the need to stop now.

Then again, it doesn't really matter what I , or you, think. It's just a game, and if you aren't having fun anymore, then by all means...stop playing.

I will miss......killing you and corpse-jumping your creep carcass until a leg cramp takes me out for good.

Al, I do have to cut you some slack here, while the mechanics exist for a Hunter to have what can be called "nearly godmode", I suppose you haven't discovered it yet (again, see Spwit, he certainly knows how to play his Hunter).. and since you don't play creep, maybe you haven't witnessed RK's, Wardens, Cappies and yes, even Hunters 1v4+ creeps with ease and win.

While I mention Spwit, I have to /bow at his playstyle on his Hunt just as I /bow to Chicknorris who plays the most OP class in the game. While they may play classes that are seriously OP, they do it in a manner where they push the edge of envelope and they both die at times when they could easily exploit their win buttons for a win. However, they are the exception.

Their isn't a Creep that plays regularly who hasn't seen other Wardens, Cappies, RK's and Hunters exploit their mechanics to leash multiple creeps and npc's while dealing massive damage and taking little to none and then disappearing into npc's or one-shotters when threatened. If you don't see what is broken then obviously you don't care to.

Yes, so many hunters "exploit" their "I win buttons". That 1k bubble is terribly OP, and did you know that turbine gave them a 40m range on their bow? They can SLOW me from range! I mean, what the heck!?! Can my reaver slow people from 40m away?? Sheesh, I totally agree with you Gunnor. Some hunters just do too much damage, and then instead of fumbling at melee and giving me an easy kill once i close that gap, like Spwit occasionally does, they use their melee skills? This is why freeps are OP. Hunters clearly have no weaknesses, and other classes are worse. Did you know champs have a ~3k morale bubble on a minute cd? WHERE'S MY 3K MORALE BUBBLE? Oh, and creeps didn't get a damage increase to match first agers. A hunter hit me yesterday for 5k with a HS crit. Why don't I have a skill that can hit for that much? Oh wait. I do.

Buuuut I'm telling ya, some of these freeps just exploit their skills way too much. Using all my available skills at proper times is just way too edgy for me, so naturally it's off limits for all of you too. Stick to being good at only one thing, preferably ranged dps so that when I close the gap you're an easy kill, and we'll call it fair. Sound good? Cool!

Solo vs solo, freeps are ridiculousy OP right now. Especially the minstrel class. I play it because it's my only main toon. I've played through many expacs and I still love to play it. Some people don't play to win. They play to play. And use the tools available to them if it's buffed or not.

Raid wise, and even group, it can go either way. A well built and well played group is more OP than any "buffed" side. People usually have, around them, what it takes to "compete" but no patience to try. Unfortunately a hand full of people can't balance the game. Our kin plays what ever side needs help. But whatever side we play the other side diminishes. Nobody wants a tough fight and it's disappointing to see.

People have to stop blaming others and start contributing if they really want something. Flailing your arms doesn't do much. It comes down to a choice.

I don't think a hunter should be able to camouflage "jump" and kill a high rank 9+ creep in a few seconds, before they have time to react and fight back. The only 2 creep classes on high rank that so far didn't die like that are reavers and war-leaders, but they go very low morale. Yes, hunters are still squish and die fast once melees engage us (specially good reavers, burn us down fast), but hunter dps is a little too high.

That is no excuse for some people to vanish from the moors after U10, specially those idiots who were bragging, mocking and zerging freeps all the time in RoR/U9.

.......Al, OMG, Spwit is such a good hunter!!! She's so much better than you. You should watch and learn......slurp-a-durp.....

I took the liberty of paraphrasing your post Ron.

And there are just 2 things I have to say in response.

First, your feeble attempts to try and get my goat with these comparisons with other hunters is laughable and quite absurd.

Second, the verdict is in Ron. Rank doesn't always equate w/ skill.

That's all i'm gonna say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchad View Post
    ....... Yes, hunters are still squish and die fast once melees engage us (specially good reavers, burn us down fast), but hunter dps is a little too high.

Actually, I am quite hard, and tend to be the one doing the killing when melees close the distance. That's actually the way I prefer it...when I kill a creep, I want it to be up close and personal so I can see the lights go out.

Killing from range before they can even engage doesn't sound like much fun at all. Too much pew pew for this hunter.

BTW, and this goes for all freeps, not just some hunters.......for the love of everything that is Lotr(o), please stop killing unranked creeps. My gods, it's like stepping on a baby kittens head. Let them quest, not become frustrated or discouraged, give them a chance to grow up, and maybe someday in the future they will become a worthy opponent.

Unless of course all you care about is renown. If that's the case, I understand there's this thing called a +renown buff you can get somewhere or another that actually INCREASES the renown you get from killin' greenies. Who'da thunk it? O.o

My 2 cents.

Actually, I am quite hard, and tend to be the one doing the killing when melees close the distance. That's actually the way I prefer it...when I kill a creep, I want it to be up close and personal so I can see the lights go out.

Killing from range before they can even engage doesn't sound like much fun at all. Too much pew pew for this hunter.
    My intention was only to give evidence why I think the hunter dps got a little too high on U10, now it is just too easy to blow things when they don't see you.

PS: It is fun when the target about to get killed is in the middle of a raid or feeling safe close to a rez.
    PS2: I am not as good as you and I want my game dead as fast and far as possible.

BTW, and this goes for all freeps, not just some hunters.......for the love of everything that is Lotr(o), please stop killing unranked creeps. My gods, it's like stepping on a baby kittens head. Let them quest, not become frustrated or discouraged, give them a chance to grow up, and maybe someday in the future they will become a worthy opponent.

Unless of course all you care about is renown. If that's the case, I understand there's this thing called a +renown buff you can get somewhere or another that actually INCREASES the renown you get from killin' greenies. Who'da thunk it? O.o

My 2 cents.
    Did you get killed while playing your baby creep?

Sometimes I let red ranks questing pass, but not always. I think if the player gets frustrated or discouraged to the point of dropping because he/she got killed while doing quests in a pvp zone, they are not build for moors in the first place.

My 2 cents.
    Clap, clap, clap! Agree.
    I'm only sorry to don't remember the freep name of this story. The other day, when I was playing with my low rank (1 or 2) spider, killing norbogs near TA, one freep, I think a high lvl captain, appeared on horse next to me. Immediate thought: "oh cr.p We will kill me in 2 strikes and I don't have maps. I will take like 4 minutes to come back, just do die again and again".
    He didn't kill me, just played around. Killed other creeps that showed occasionally, but never messed with me. I also didn't helped the other creeps trying to kill him, in respect, off course, and continued to do my quests. It was a gesture that I will not forget and will try to follow.
    Pity other ultra high lvl ranked freeps don't do the same. In HH, especially.

I will kill anything I see...

Every greeny has always and will always suffer many electronic deaths. All creeps go through it. In the end the ones that stick it out are the ones worth playing with, and against. Nothing to learn by complaining and holding hands. There's many places to avoid a certain death while questing. It's a learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchad View Post
    it is just too easy to blow things when they don't see you.
    Maybe I will log back into the moores, this sounds entertaining!!!
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Mar 30 2013 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    I will kill anything I see...

Every greeny has always and will always suffer many electronic deaths. All creeps go through it. In the end the ones that stick it out are the ones worth playing with, and against. Nothing to learn by complaining and holding hands. There's many places to avoid a certain death while questing. It's a learning experience.
    Um hm.. and this is the type of sportsmanship you best expect if creating a new creep or trying pvp for the first time on your freep. As much as I hate Althorr Freeple, he and a few others are the only ones who will demonstrate any true sportsmanship.

And to think, that quote came from someone who only flipflops to help out the other side.. hahaha

There was a lot of good action for around three hours, until the freeps logged. Let's start getting more of that going.

I'm about to hit my 7.000th death and I'm still playing, thats why I dont mourn the loss of a greenie.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast