We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 63
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    I don't think this post is NDA correct.... unless council members are exempt from rules...
    https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...player-council

    One of the points states that:
    "Be guaranteed access to all Beta tests during their term".
    This is under the section "Members of the Player Council shall...."
    Hir i Meigol Bruinen/High Council Member of the EoI/Of the Exiles of the Hidden City/Meigol Bruinen, Uncle Seregnin's Misguided Children, Curse the name of Maeglin, the Treacherous Villain, forever, may he rot in the Halls of Mandos for all time....
    Player Councillor. http://www.swtor.com/r/XWNQXP is my refer-a-friend link for SWTOR.

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    I don't know about you, but the dev diary did suggest we're getting a slew of new Runestones, depending on how we trait.

    -Bel
    A few, at least. It seems like, as stated elsewhere, an attempt to tread safe ground of the WoW Shaman class.

    Not a lot of action here, IMO, compared to the clear delineation of new content in Burg, Hunter, etc. via the trait trees. We know from experience that trait trees, by nature, contain a significant amount of passive augmentation. How much of that was mentioned in this DD?

    We have a core mechanic changing with the Attunement shift. That was the real story of the DD. I'm not sure how that will play out in actual play because I have not tried it, so I'm ambivalent to that. At least we were told.

    At this point, however, I'm dangerously close to losing all interest in the game. The strong likelihood is that, if the Warden DD is similarly non-informative, I'll be saving my cash. I'm not invested in the lore of Middle Earth, nor have I ever been. I started playing because of a friend, spent a fair amount of cash on the game (you're welcome, Turbine), and have found that the content I would have enjoyed most was at the end of RoI. Unfortunately, I came in 3 months before RoR.

    Pokemon X and Y come out in 10 days. The pre-release content has been stunning for months, in part because there's a major change in going to 3D. There have been constant streams of videos, interviews, etc. Maybe if I saw the same sort of thing from Turbine, I could be convinced. A 1.5 minute video release showing beta gameplay and containing less text would have conveyed more of what is intended. Yes, it would have been difficult to put together and required effort, but that's what convinces fence-sitters like me.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by VoronturEU View Post
    https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...player-council

    One of the points states that:
    "Be guaranteed access to all Beta tests during their term".
    This is under the section "Members of the Player Council shall...."
    While anyone who pays attention knows council members are auto into Beta. Being guaranteed access doesn't guarantee the freedom to post what you may or may not have seen.

  4. #29
    Quite frankly, I'm surprised that we still get dev diaries. They inevitably degrade into 'the sky is falling' threads. For their own sanity and self-confidence, they'd be better off simply doing a single release notes at the time of release. Much as you might think so, they do not 'owe' us dev diaries; this coming from a VIP who has also spent above and beyond my normal monthly commitment. I definitely feel like I get my value out of the game and will continue to play it and pay for it so long as that continues. Am I a huge fan of the trait tree system? Nope. I didn't like it in SW:TOR and I'm not convinced that I'm going to be super fond of it here. I'm sure Turbine is well aware that most players are not looking for this change.

    I would expect several things have brought this on: 1) by limiting which skills a given tree can access, Turbine can more readily balance play across classes 2) I'm certain Turbine can easily see which classes are not getting as much play as others and there may be an attempt to equal out the desirability of all classes. If that is the case, this is a good move for the longevity of the game. If it could have been done more easily (less costly) another way, I'm confident that they considered it.

    To me, the sky isn't falling, yet. I will wait and see what the final result is and decide whether I can live with it, enjoy it, or need to move on. I would expect Turbine has already run numbers on what they expect the player departures to look like.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sylvan kingdom
    Posts
    707
    I'm not saying the sky is falling by any stretch. In fact, I've gone on record elsewhere asking for calm and to wait until the beta is out and the NDA is lifted to see what we get at the other end of the process.

    However, what we're being given in this dev diary is solid confirmation of a few things. A few things that I very much dislike.

    How should I respond to that?

    Rune-keeper is my MAIN class. I only have ONE 85 toon and that's a Dwarf RK. My next closest is a 78 elf Hunter. I do have a slew of lower level alts between level 14 and 40's, as that's where I enjoy the game the most, the good ol' vanilla SoA content. Rohan, and mounted combat, was painful for me in the extreme, to say the least. To say that I don't like mounted combat, would be the understatement of the century. But I did it on my main because I had to. It wasn't so bad once I got used to it, and it was better with the mounted combat improvements that they did, I will say that. Better in that, if you keep getting kicked every day, eventually you just learn to ignore the pain and push through anyway.

    So seeing that it's my main class, and I use the full spectrum of RK skills, my toon shall be nerfed beyond compare. I'm used to traiting full yellow line and still being able to maintain full greenbar in instances to heal if I need to. I've even healed a full at level raid. I use a riffler of writs to make sure that my attunement doesn't change, so I can help with DoTs and still heal at the same time. I can't even tell you how many times I've prevented a wipe from being able to go from damage dealing to healing that poor mini that's about to die.

    Yea, I knew there were going to be major changes, but I DID expect the basic skills to still be there. I have a feeling that once these changes go live in their entirety, people are going to have a stroke when they log in their favorite toon and find out it's a one trick pony.
    Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar, tenn’ Ambar-metta!

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Brom_Ironfist View Post
    Quite frankly, I'm surprised that we still get dev diaries. They inevitably degrade into 'the sky is falling' threads. For their own sanity and self-confidence, they'd be better off simply doing a single release notes at the time of release. Much as you might think so, they do not 'owe' us dev diaries; this coming from a VIP who has also spent above and beyond my normal monthly commitment. I definitely feel like I get my value out of the game and will continue to play it and pay for it so long as that continues. Am I a huge fan of the trait tree system? Nope. I didn't like it in SW:TOR and I'm not convinced that I'm going to be super fond of it here. I'm sure Turbine is well aware that most players are not looking for this change.

    I would expect several things have brought this on: 1) by limiting which skills a given tree can access, Turbine can more readily balance play across classes 2) I'm certain Turbine can easily see which classes are not getting as much play as others and there may be an attempt to equal out the desirability of all classes. If that is the case, this is a good move for the longevity of the game. If it could have been done more easily (less costly) another way, I'm confident that they considered it.

    To me, the sky isn't falling, yet. I will wait and see what the final result is and decide whether I can live with it, enjoy it, or need to move on. I would expect Turbine has already run numbers on what they expect the player departures to look like.
    I'm not saying that the sky is falling. I highly doubt that this will sink the game. It may, in fact, be a great thing that is a significant improvement over what we've had.

    What I am saying, though, is that this particular DD, which I was invested in for having an 85 RK, didn't tell me much. What it did tell me didn't particularly grab my attention or tell me that this was better than sliced bread. I've been intrigued by Big Battles. I like the epic storyline thus far (though I haven't completed the Wildemore section yet due to wavering interest). What I'm saying is that I haven't seen enough of HD to say to myself "You know, I really should buy that. I'd enjoy it a lot."

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-Earth :D
    Posts
    506
    so this is what i get from this diary:

    1. basically we will be stipped of all our skills that we currently have, except a few skills that will be available to us in every trait specialisation
    2. we will have to spent trait points in order to regain some of those skills that were taken away from us, meaning we will only have fire skills when traited for fire, only lighning skills when traited for lightning and only healing skills when traited for healing
    3. if we want any skills that do not belong into our chosen specialisation, say if we want some healing skills (like MV/WoH) while traited for lightning, we need to spent points in a different tree making us less effective in our main tree (since we have less points to spent there. If there are "Set Bonuses" for spending a certain amount of points in one tree this could mean that we will not have every Set Bonus in our main tree)
    4. Asuming that the trait trees will have several levels/tiers (otherwise they wont be much of a tree really), we will need to spent a certain amount of points in the previous tier in order to access the next one. That brings me back to point 3: If we want skills that don't belong into our chosen specialisation we will probably not only need to spent points to unlock the skills, we will also have to spent a certain amount of points in the tree itself in order to even be able to unlock the skills we want (if they are in a higher level of the tree).
    5. at low levels we will barely have enough points to trait down one tree, how on earth are low lvl rks supposed to play? with 3 skills??
    6. Attunement is converted into Champion Fevour / Hunter Focus. There will be skills that consume all attunement bringing us back to neutral all the time. NOT COOL. WE ARE NOT CHAMPIONS/HUNTERS, WE ARE RUNE-KEEPERS!
    7. skills are not gated by attunement anymore, allowing us to use every available skill right from the start at the cost of lower effectiveness.
    8. we will not have any frost / neutral skills anymore since they were not mentioned once in the whole diary, meaning we will loose 1/4 of our skills outright
    9. if we trait fully into one tree, say fire, we will not be able to swap to healing if the main healer dies since we wont have any healing skills available to us. If we want to be able to swap roles in combat we will have to spent points in 2 trees reducing our effectiveness in both. Right now we can be fully traited for DPS and are able to swap to healing mid fight if the need arises. We are not as good as a main healer since we are not traited for it but most of the time its enough to be able to buy us time for the main healer to be rezzed. Not being able to do that means that the whole concept of the RK is being thrown out the window... Its like playing a Hunter and a Minstrel were we have to decide what we want to do before we start fighting.
    10. We basically will be playing a completely new class which has skills with the same names as our beloved RK. Actually, from what I've read so far, every class will go through major changes so all of them will be totally new classes with familiar skills but totally different gameplay.

    I play a RK because I like how the class works. If I wanted to play a completely new class I would roll a new character or play a different game alltogheter.
    I will not be pre-ordering HD and I will also not pay for it with money, I will rather use my stockpiled tps.
    Former resident of Withywindle now settling in on Laurelin :D

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sylvan kingdom
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    so this is what i get from this diary:

    8. we will not have any frost / neutral skills anymore since they were not mentioned once in the whole diary, meaning we will loose 1/4 of our skills outright
    I noticed this as well. We'll now have fire, lightning, and healing trees.

    Frost, it seems, has been removed from the game. I use both of my offensive writs at the start of every battle, and as for the frosty one, it's the only writ that is currently an AoE, that's great against lower level mobs.

    So, what, all of our cold skills are just magically... POOF... gone? And you think this is OK?
    Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar, tenn’ Ambar-metta!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,780
    lol, you guys bringing up license again, you do realize WB/Turbine, etc are also building a new LOTR video game called "Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor" also, WB pretty much has exclusive rights to all the avenues for LOTR to market itself. MEE needs WB more than WB needs MEE. just my 2 cents.

    About the RK diary,

    I really like the changes to both attunement and also fire line.

    keep it up!
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    so this is what i get from this diary:

    1. basically we will be stipped of all our skills that we currently have, except a few skills that will be available to us in every trait specialisation
    I don't think so. From what we were told, all classes would have base skills that you'd have access to regardless of tree choice. I'll have to go back and find that, if needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    2. we will have to spent trait points in order to regain some of those skills that were taken away from us, meaning we will only have fire skills when traited for fire, only lighning skills when traited for lightning and only healing skills when traited for healing
    Other than those that might be included in the base package, yes. Except that you will be able to spend some points in other trait lines to score some flexibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    3. if we want any skills that do not belong into our chosen specialisation, say if we want some healing skills (like MV/WoH) while traited for lightning, we need to spent points in a different tree making us less effective in our main tree (since we have less points to spent there. If there are "Set Bonuses" for spending a certain amount of points in one tree this could mean that we will not have every Set Bonus in our main tree)
    This may be true. I expect we'll have a flat list of points to spend regardless of how we choose to disperse them. There will be penalties for being 'wider' instead of 'deeper' in the trait trees in that you likely won't be able to reach the capstone traits. Although, they could add a higher cost for spending outside your declared trait-line, I hope that they don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    4. Asuming that the trait trees will have several levels/tiers (otherwise they wont be much of a tree really), we will need to spent a certain amount of points in the previous tier in order to access the next one. That brings me back to point 3: If we want skills that don't belong into our chosen specialisation we will probably not only need to spent points to unlock the skills, we will also have to spent a certain amount of points in the tree itself in order to even be able to unlock the skills we want (if they are in a higher level of the tree).
    Agreed. This is typically how trees work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    5. at low levels we will barely have enough points to trait down one tree, how on earth are low lvl rks supposed to play? with 3 skills??
    Because of the base skills that each class will get. It will come down to what they are, I'm hoping the beta testers will help solve that question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    6. Attunement is converted into Champion Fevour / Hunter Focus. There will be skills that consume all attunement bringing us back to neutral all the time. NOT COOL. WE ARE NOT CHAMPIONS/HUNTERS, WE ARE RUNE-KEEPERS!
    Yes, it will be a choice to make. I'm not sure that I'm huge fan of this, myself. I think that they are concerned that the damage lines will simply stay attuned to damage and the healing lines will simply stay attuned to healing. I don't see the problem there. They could simply slow the progression, if they felt that was needed. Again, I'm hopefully that the beta-testing will help fine tune this call.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    7. skills are not gated by attunement anymore, allowing us to use every available skill right from the start at the cost of lower effectiveness.
    Yes. Good and bad. If you know the class well, this can be a boon and add a level of complexity in deciding when will be best to use a skill instead of "Oh, I'm attuned enough, let it loose!". For those not as skilled, they may be more of a hinderance to their fellowship than they might otherwise be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    8. we will not have any frost / neutral skills anymore since they were not mentioned once in the whole diary, meaning we will loose 1/4 of our skills outright
    Or these will be in the base RK class skills list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    9. if we trait fully into one tree, say fire, we will not be able to swap to healing if the main healer dies since we wont have any healing skills available to us. If we want to be able to swap roles in combat we will have to spent points in 2 trees reducing our effectiveness in both. Right now we can be fully traited for DPS and are able to swap to healing mid fight if the need arises. We are not as good as a main healer since we are not traited for it but most of the time its enough to be able to buy us time for the main healer to be rezzed. Not being able to do that means that the whole concept of the RK is being thrown out the window... Its like playing a Hunter and a Minstrel were we have to decide what we want to do before we start fighting.
    True enough. You cannot retrait until after combat ends. Of course, you could trait early in the healing tree to score some healing skills. You won't be as potent as someone fully traited down that line, but you may be able to help your fellowship survive the encounter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    10. We basically will be playing a completely new class which has skills with the same names as our beloved RK. Actually, from what I've read so far, every class will go through major changes so all of them will be totally new classes with familiar skills but totally different gameplay.
    To a certain degree, yes. Many of the skills will likely still be the same and players who ran their characters primarily in one trait role anyway will likely see a benefit in the new system. Those who were more hybridized will likely not see the same flexibility (and unless I'm wrong, this was sort of the intent).

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaynith View Post
    I noticed this as well. We'll now have fire, lightning, and healing trees.

    Frost, it seems, has been removed from the game. I use both of my offensive writs at the start of every battle, and as for the frosty one, it's the only writ that is currently an AoE, that's great against lower level mobs.

    So, what, all of our cold skills are just magically... POOF... gone? And you think this is OK?
    Well, the LoreMaster will still have frozen skills, according to the dev diary. So, I don't think they're removing it from the game. It is possible that this skill will simply not be gated behind a trait line.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sylvan kingdom
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Brom_Ironfist View Post
    Well, the LoreMaster will still have frozen skills, according to the dev diary. So, I don't think they're removing it from the game. It is possible that this skill will simply not be gated behind a trait line.
    I didn't mean from the game across all classes, I meant specifically for the Rune-keeper. It looks to me like they're gone. If they're NOT, I'd certainly like to hear an official verification of that. I use my frost skills a LOT. All of them. I love slowing down my enemies, especially during solo play.

    Also, as someone else mentioned, there's very little response from anyone on this dev diary. We've only got what, two pages of responses, by very few people. Where IS everyone with their opinions, be it pro/con or a mix? This thread is a ghost town, and should be hopping with input! Where'd all our fellow RKs go?
    Last edited by Kaynith; Oct 02 2013 at 12:36 PM.
    Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar, tenn’ Ambar-metta!

  13. #38
    Maybe they're all still over in the RK Class shouldn't exist thread.

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaynith View Post
    I didn't mean from the game across all classes, I meant specifically for the Rune-keeper. It looks to me like they're gone. If they're NOT, I'd certainly like to hear an official verification of that. I use my frost skills a LOT. All of them. I love slowing down my enemies, especially during solo play.

    Also, as someone else mentioned, there's very little response from anyone on this dev diary. We've only got what, two pages of responses, by very few people. Where IS everyone with their opinions, be it pro/con or a mix? This thread is a ghost town, and should be hopping with input! Where'd all our fellow RKs go?
    I noticed the lack of discussion with all of the these class changes dev diaries as well and the forums in general have been pretty quiet. There may be players focused on the beta testing and beta forums who would otherwise be adding to the discussion , there may have been a mass exodus of players in the past few months, the diaries may be too shallow and skimpy to generate much discussion, or all of the above.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by VoronturEU View Post
    https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...player-council

    One of the points states that:
    "Be guaranteed access to all Beta tests during their term".
    This is under the section "Members of the Player Council shall...."
    Aren't they still under the NDA? I would think that would apply to everyone.

  16. #41
    My biggest concern is their approach to the class redesign. The new trees' basic function is to limit skill availability. How is that an improvement?

    While traited full DPS, I can swap to heals if a healer goes down, and still do a half-way decent job of healing. The DD states that "The Rune-keeper was built to be a good healer and good damage dealer at the same time". However, in the new scheme of things, it sounds like I might only have one or two healing skills available if traited fully for DPS. So if a healer goes down in a tough fight, I get to try keeping my fellowship alive with just PtH, a Rune of Restoration, and Maybe MV? Sounds like a wipe. Then again, I could add some BoP traits to open up more healing skills, but at the cost of nerfing my DPS. So I can be a good DPSer with very minimal abilities as a healer, or I can be a marginally effective DPS & Heals hybrid. It's hard to see an improvement there.
    Last edited by Nouri; Oct 02 2013 at 03:03 PM.

    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    My biggest concern is their approach to the class redesign. The new trees' basic function is to limit skill availability. How is that an improvement?

    While traited full DPS, I can swap to heals if a healer goes down, and still do a half-way decent job of healing. The DD states that "The Rune-keeper was built to be a good healer and good damage dealer at the same time". However, in the new scheme of things, it sounds like I might only have one or two healing skills available if traited fully for DPS. So if a healer goes down in a tough fight, I get to try keeping my fellowship alive with just PtH, a Rune of Restoration, and Maybe MV? Sounds like a wipe. Then again, I could add some BoP traits to open up more healing skills, but at the cost of nerfing my DPS. So I can be a good DPSer with very minimal abilities as a healer, or I can be a marginally effective DPS & Heals hybrid. It's hard to see an improvement there.
    This is the problem.

    Classes should not be able to do everything while traited a single way. While i will admit it is nice to be able to perform other functions in a group sometimes on the fly I do not believe it to be a ultimately a good thing. Classes should be able to perform the role they trait and gear for great and if they choose to swap mid combat there should be some down turn. People constantly gripe about how content is to easy, well what do you expect when classes can perform multiple roles with a single setup?

    If you want to dps, then dps, if you want to heal then go healing. If your healer is going down your other support classes are not doing their job effectively and there in lies the problem not your ability to change roles on a whim.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kaynith View Post
    I didn't mean from the game across all classes, I meant specifically for the Rune-keeper. It looks to me like they're gone. If they're NOT, I'd certainly like to hear an official verification of that. I use my frost skills a LOT. All of them. I love slowing down my enemies, especially during solo play.

    Also, as someone else mentioned, there's very little response from anyone on this dev diary. We've only got what, two pages of responses, by very few people. Where IS everyone with their opinions, be it pro/con or a mix? This thread is a ghost town, and should be hopping with input! Where'd all our fellow RKs go?
    As with all the dev diaries they focus on the trait lines, as frost does not have its own trait line it was not mentioned.

    The reason for the seemingly low responses is sadly there is nothing to respond to. The only real thing of note is the atunement change. I hope far more details will come out once the NDA is lifted. If you want my opinion as an RK i like these changes, i am full on behind them from what i have seen so far.

    The only real con i can see is not being able to swap on the fly as many have stated, i don't really see this as a bad thing all around.

    The pro are (and this includes all classes) there will be more individuality amongst players. Classes will not have all the very same effects and skills but will be gated behind the trait trees. Sure there will be what is considered the optimal setup but there will be room for those adventurous enough to forge their own path by playing around putting varying amounts of points into certain trees and truly creating their own unique play style.


    I will end this by saying i have been waiting a long time for specialization lines in this game, the trait lines in Moria were a good start but this seems to be that idea come to fruition.
    Last edited by Daec; Oct 02 2013 at 03:27 PM.
    Rank 14 Minstrel, Rank 10 Rune-keeper, Rank 7 Champion
    Rank 11 Weaver, Rank 11 Blackarrow, Rank 10 Reaver, Rank 10 Stalker, Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warleader

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sylvan kingdom
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    My biggest concern is their approach to the class redesign. The new trees' basic function is to limit skill availability. How is that an improvement?

    While traited full DPS, I can swap to heals if a healer goes down, and still do a half-way decent job of healing. The DD states that "The Rune-keeper was built to be a good healer and good damage dealer at the same time". However, in the new scheme of things, it sounds like I might only have one or two healing skills available if traited fully for DPS. So if a healer goes down in a tough fight, I get to try keeping my fellowship alive with just PtH, a Rune of Restoration, and Maybe MV? Sounds like a wipe. Then again, I could add some BoP traits to open up more healing skills, but at the cost of nerfing my DPS. So I can be a good DPSer with very minimal abilities as a healer, or I can be a marginally effective DPS & Heals hybrid. It's hard to see an improvement there.
    The way I read the DD is that we'll have different runestones based upon which line we trait in. So that stands to reason that these runestones will be gated behind putting points in each tree. Which means that you won't HAVE a Rune of Restoration if you are traited fully for DPS... unless you have extra points to put in the 'healing' tree, wherever that Rune of Restoration happens to be in the tree lineup. Hopefully at the very top so folks only have to dip a little into healing to be able to get their basic healing rune back.
    Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar, tenn’ Ambar-metta!

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaynith View Post
    The way I read the DD is that we'll have different runestones based upon which line we trait in. So that stands to reason that these runestones will be gated behind putting points in each tree. Which means that you won't HAVE a Rune of Restoration if you are traited fully for DPS... unless you have extra points to put in the 'healing' tree, wherever that Rune of Restoration happens to be in the tree lineup. Hopefully at the very top so folks only have to dip a little into healing to be able to get their basic healing rune back.
    If the mount combat trait trees are any indication of how things will work with the class skill trees there will be plenty of points to go around to pick up goodies in the other lines.
    Rank 14 Minstrel, Rank 10 Rune-keeper, Rank 7 Champion
    Rank 11 Weaver, Rank 11 Blackarrow, Rank 10 Reaver, Rank 10 Stalker, Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warleader

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    lol, you guys bringing up license again, you do realize WB/Turbine, etc are also building a new LOTR video game called "Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor" also, WB pretty much has exclusive rights to all the avenues for LOTR to market itself. MEE needs WB more than WB needs MEE. just my 2 cents.
    That's a rumor. Turbine copyrighted a lot of URLs in advance, including previous expansions (such as RoR). This whole Mordor thing is undoubtedly the same sort of thing.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    988
    boomstastic inspiration..runes that out of nowhere come to stun things..yeah i feel the lore breaking hate increase againts rk multiplying by 1000000000000...well my main is mini and second alt rk...now im going to have 2 clases with codas and cash in..lol...well now i feel i have 2 minis/rk ..well lets see how this turns out will spec both for yellow and heals ..
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sylvan kingdom
    Posts
    707
    Personally I'm not concerned so much with 'lore-breaking'. Although I do love the books and Middle Earth, I recognize that this is a game, and as such, has to flow. A certain amount of said 'lore-breaking' is not only necessary, but desirable, from my point of view.

    That being said, certain names like 'Bombastic Inspiration'? Where in Udun did that come from? And it's a HEALING skill??

    Maybe it's just me, but Bombastic anything doesn't register in my brain as healing, it registers in my mind right next to inferno and immolation.

    So I'm more concerned with it sounding and being... well... derpy, for lack of a better term.
    Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar, tenn’ Ambar-metta!

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaynith View Post
    That being said, certain names like 'Bombastic Inspiration'? Where in Udun did that come from? And it's a HEALING skill??

    Maybe it's just me, but Bombastic anything doesn't register in my brain as healing, it registers in my mind right next to inferno and immolation.

    So I'm more concerned with it sounding and being... well... derpy, for lack of a better term.
    Maybe Shaggy has joined the dev team.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W5pq4bIzIw

    Maybe RKs will get special hip hop gear. I joke, of course. I'm actually not overly opposed to the name.

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    This is the problem.

    Classes should not be able to do everything while traited a single way. While i will admit it is nice to be able to perform other functions in a group sometimes on the fly I do not believe it to be a ultimately a good thing. Classes should be able to perform the role they trait and gear for great and if they choose to swap mid combat there should be some down turn. People constantly gripe about how content is to easy, well what do you expect when classes can perform multiple roles with a single setup?

    If you want to dps, then dps, if you want to heal then go healing. If your healer is going down your other support classes are not doing their job effectively and there in lies the problem not your ability to change roles on a whim.
    Why is flexibility a bad thing? There already is a considerable amount of down turn in executing many skills for which you're not traited. When I'm DPS traited, my healing skills heal for far less than when I'm heal traited, so there's a lot of built in down turn already. With the expansion, we're moving toward a state where everyone is much more of a one trick pony.

    The changes to attunement look like they'll provide some extra pop to our skills on cashing out, and if attunement can be regained more quickly than at present, that's a plus. However, it comes at the cost of a lot of flexibility with the implementation of the skill exclusion trees.

    If people are really looking for more of a challenge in content, that shouldn't be too hard to find. Agro more mobs, go try BfE or Flight on T2C, try some instances under-manned or some skirmishes at tier 3.
    Last edited by Nouri; Oct 02 2013 at 06:54 PM.

    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  25. #50
    Well, if you want more responses, I will add mine. Since we are getting skill trees whether we want them or not, I hope they have enough points. I see very little to discuss in the dd at this point other than attunement. That is a major change imo. With skills gated through skill trees, I don't see the point in gating skills through attunement. So from that perspective, it has to change.

    I am still not sure if I am for or against creating new classes. I do know that I spent a long time leveling and learning my current rk. I like it the way it is but am willing to try a new rk because I love middle earth. However, I will not purchase HD until I try out the changes. Of course my vip continuation is also dependent upon my reception of the rk changes.
    Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload