We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    707

    Philosophical Question

    If a troll starts a thread in a forum and nobody responds, did trolling actually happen?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sarasota, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,206
    Yes, just like the tree in the forest falling does make noise.
    [CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]<< Co-founder of [I][U][SIZE="4"]The Firebrands of Caruja[/SIZE][/U][/I] on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arda
    Posts
    482
    Not as I see it. I see trolling as creating contention or eliciting hatred. If no one responds or is angry enough to respond, no trolling occurs.

    Edit: Most trolling is done poorly, but this one is done well, Thorcar/BrothaLove. Thank you for the laugh. The initial post was okay, but when combined with your secondary forum account name and picture, it works beautifully.
    Last edited by DEATHKNYGHT; Oct 01 2013 at 11:00 AM.
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Trove

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHKNYGHT View Post
    The initial post was okay, but when combined with your secondary forum account name and picture, it works beautifully.
    Umm, I think you've got the wrong guy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHKNYGHT View Post
    Edit: Most trolling is done poorly, but this one is done well, Thorcar/BrothaLove. Thank you for the laugh. The initial post was okay, but when combined with your secondary forum account name and picture, it works beautifully.
    Like Criq points out, I do not hide behind anonymous forum accounts.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,033
    Apparently trolls get jealous if the Music Thread gets more attention than they do.R.I.P. awesome music thread.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyMcGee View Post
    Apparently trolls get jealous if the Music Thread gets more attention than they do.R.I.P. awesome music thread.
    maybe when they were wee little kidlets their mommies and daddies only let them play polkas on out of tune accordions....
    It would explain a great deal.

  8. #8
    its sad, I thought that troll song was moderately funny.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,033

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyMcGee View Post
    Trash
    We have diagnosed your condition as a severe level of rage...Chris brown level even..I would be happy to prescribe something for that. The Alliance will not let Ocrack back in no matter how much you beg, my friend.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyMcGee View Post

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyMcGee View Post


    I....uh......what?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload