We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Oh the Irony! Can I "GetBack" my characters name?

I popped in one day and found my character who I named "Getback", which is a play on my old characters I used to play with before they got
    deleted, a play on getting back the memory of who I used to be from that time. In other words, my old self. and since I didn't know my name I called myself "Getback" as a nickname for my character within the game. The funny thing is, I don't who did it, but apparently whoever is running the game, just decided to change that up by not telling me, and changing my name, so I looked it up and what they say is a zero tolerance policy, what kinda #### is this? I can't decide to role play my character they gotta tell me how I should. I'm sorry but this actually pisses me off. You know, my character is an Elf, but he dresses like he's Huckleberry Finn, ya gonna decide that's not how I should play an elf character too?! How about you give my name back.

If you want to use a stupid name then go and play on a non-RP server. Then everyone is happy.
    [IMG]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii500/supermaco/2800703.png[/IMG]

What a story Mark! I find it more likely that you were named "Getback" because of your class. Besides, if you really wanted to roleplay, why would you make that your name?

If you like the name that much, I'm sure nobody would have a problem with it on any other server.

Not very imaginative for someone who wants to RP!

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbins View Post
    Not very imaginative for someone who wants to RP!
    how would you figure that, if you didn't know? Look how unimaginative you are. plus how imaginative can you be when you're not allowed to be?

I don't know the official Turbine policy around this but I sure know that every Elf you'd try to roleplay with would reject you.
    I've seen countless arguments between Elves claiming someone chose a wrong ending making the name sound feminine in Quenya instead of masculine and similar things.

From Turbine's Official Roleplaying Name Policy, for RP supported servers (of which Laurelin is one):

'In order to facilitate an immersive roleplaying experience, all character names within official Roleplay-Supported servers are required to be within the spirit of The Lord of the Rings. Character names should be inspired by and reflect the lore of The Lord of the Rings.'

Don't like this rule? Great! Please roll a character on a different server.

I don't know the official Turbine policy around this but I sure know that every Elf you'd try to roleplay with would reject you.
    I've seen countless arguments between Elves claiming someone chose a wrong ending making the name sound feminine in Quenya instead of masculine and similar things.
    lol, what is this? I have all the experience but none to show for it and no explanation why. Sounds like memory loss to me. If other elves reject me this just shows how dickish elves can be, so I become an outcast to my own people. tostubbins, yea, is this really unimaginative?

Read the official "Turbine Roleplaying Name Policy" and you will get all the answer you need to figure out why your name might have been changed..

The name "Getback" has nothing to do with Tolkien's Lore at all. So there is no support from me.

if this is still a big issue for you. Roll a character on a non-RP server.
    Achazia Songweaver
    Songwriter in The Shades. Listen to my music at Soundcloud and Radio Rivendell
    Contributor at Lotro Players
    The Shadows

You should have translated GetBack into elvish... that would have been RP :P

It would be a stupid name even if it was not based on a roleplaying server.
    [center]"The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
    While hammers fell like ringing bells.
    In places deep, where dark things sleep,
    In hollow halls beneath the fells."[/center]

Man I wish they just banned you.

You willingly joined an RP server, and chose a non-RP name. You deserve a big ol' banhammer.

And honestly I wouldn't miss you. If you want to use the name Getback go play on a Roleplay ENCOURAGED server. Not Roleplay Required.

Brother, you cannot use a non-lore and unrealistic name as Getback in the world of Tolkien. What a disgrace .. You couldn't come up with anything else more appropriate for an Elf? You serious?