We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

BUGFIX Journeyman riding trait, please. Or give a refund?

*snip* never mind, it will never be fixed within a reasonable timeframe, too late for that. I'll have to soak it up and pay and stop whining just because my petty bug reports are ignored.
    Last edited by Macroscian; Sep 28 2013 at 10:18 AM.

I fully agree. It is a known bug from the start and it should be very easy to solve. And yet Turbine puts it on sale without fixing it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliahnus View Post
    I fully agree. It is a known bug from the start and it should be very easy to solve. And yet Turbine puts it on sale without fixing it first.
    Yes, well, I changed post. There's no hope to see a fix. Sorry for your loss too. Happy gaming!

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Yes, well, I changed post. There's no hope to see a fix. Sorry for your loss too. Happy gaming!
    It will get fixed. We are dealing with Turbine here. Turbine operates on Carteret county schedules. Carteret County is a North Carolina coastal county. Nothing gets done quickly in Carteret County. Something that would take 3-5 days in Wake County like fix your boat takes 2 months in Carteret County.

It will get fixed. You have to wait the 2+ months it takes. The other problem is that Helms Deep is coming. At some point Turbine is going to stop live updates and fixed in order to put all hands on the expansion. Personally, I am surprised Turbine had a 11.4. In the past we have gone more than three months with any fixes or updates.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    It will get fixed. We are dealing with Turbine here. Turbine operates on Carteret county schedules. Carteret County is a North Carolina coastal county. Nothing gets done quickly in Carteret County. Something that would take 3-5 days in Wake County like fix your boat takes 2 months in Carteret County.

It will get fixed. You have to wait the 2+ months it takes. The other problem is that Helms Deep is coming. At some point Turbine is going to stop live updates and fixed in order to put all hands on the expansion. Personally, I am surprised Turbine had a 11.4. In the past we have gone more than three months with any fixes or updates.
    Thanks for the kind words =)

Well, I found the real account support ticket page and asked for a refund. It's not an actual income loss for the company but if there is no penalty for ignoring a problem, there is no reason for the company to get it fixed. Happy gaming all!

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Well, I found the real account support ticket page and asked for a refund. It's not an actual income loss for the company but if there is no penalty for ignoring a problem, there is no reason for the company to get it fixed. Happy gaming all!
    Turbine suffers the same penalties all companies do when they sell a product that has issues:

1) People refuse to buy the troubled product.

2) Buyers bad press the product and the company

3) Buyers end their business relationship with the company.

4) Buyers cut back on future purchases

There always a financial penalty for this kind of behavior by a company like Turbine. The penalty may not be high enough to change the way a company operates. Customers that buy games and game products are famous for being unwilling to vote with their wallet. Not making a big noise. Customers in this market segment tolerate behavior they would never accept from a car maker or many other kinds of products. Game players want their games even if the games are full of defects.

My personal opinion. Never acquire something new in the game market segment. Wait for the early adopters to try it out and report all the problems. Research carefully looking for what is wrong with it. That way you can make an informed decision to buy or wait. Research can be more difficult because a lot of companies try to suppress reports of defects and malfunctions. Turbine obviously runs their own Lotro forums so that can control the channel in their favor.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

wait what is the problem with this not sure i understand it

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen1981 View Post
    wait what is the problem with this not sure i understand it
    There are a few issues, none of the game breaking in anyway as long as you pay attention and some actually quite helpful:

• Broken legs from falling off cliffs don't affect your speed (helpful)
    • Speed buffs and debuffs on the festival races don't affect you (helpful if you have trouble with the jumps)
    • Stable horse rides take longer as you are locked into the slower +178% speed (not helpful)

The broken leg issue is the only one that is really good, but the other two issues can be worked around by using the Stop and Smell the Roses skill before starting the race or taking the stable ride.

I've bugged each and every thing here (once, I'm not going to go overboard and bug it every time it happens) and I'm guessing they will get fixed eventually. Until that happens, I'll enjoy not getting broken legs and use the workaround for the other two issues.
    Originally Posted by [B]Damian6988[/B]
    [B][I]That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."[/I][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Rainith View Post
    There are a few issues, none of the game breaking in anyway as long as you pay attention and some actually quite helpful:

• Broken legs from falling off cliffs don't affect your speed (helpful)
    • Speed buffs and debuffs on the festival races don't affect you (helpful if you have trouble with the jumps)
    • Stable horse rides take longer as you are locked into the slower +178% speed (not helpful)

The broken leg issue is the only one that is really good, but the other two issues can be worked around by using the Stop and Smell the Roses skill before starting the race or taking the stable ride.

I've bugged each and every thing here (once, I'm not going to go overboard and bug it every time it happens) and I'm guessing they will get fixed eventually. Until that happens, I'll enjoy not getting broken legs and use the workaround for the other two issues.
    ah ok yea i notice the broken leg thing does not decrease speed when i was doing quests and deeds on my warden today