We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    135

    Post Monster Play Idea's...

    I got some ideas, i hope you all like some!

    Armor and Weapons:

    Armor and weapons for monsterplay. They have stats and they change the appearance. (The armor and weapons are visible on your current skin.) You can buy them for 500 Commendations per armor/weapon piece

    Warg Riding:

    A new Racial trait for Wargs. When you slot it, ONLY Reavers, Blackarrows and Warleaders are able to ride on your back. Your skills will be the same except the Warg*, however the Warg can't attack unless biting the enemy. The person on it's back can attack though.

    * The warg is able to run. With these skills:

    March - The standard "March" skill
    Run - Grants a +50% Runspeed [Cooldown: 20 Seconds | Lasts: 30 Seconds]
    Sprint - The standard sprint: Sets your speed to 200% [Cooldown: 5 minutes. Unless traited.]

    More infamy/renown:

    I got 2 ideas for this:

    New infamy/renown quests:
    There will be new, harder quests. (Depents on Rank) The War-Tyrant in Gramsfoot will be able to give a quest which is at your rank. As example:

    "Defeat the Tree Rottenroot." Genre: Group/Raid quest

    This quest grants you like... 200 Infamy.

    On-rank infamy/renown increase:
    When you hit Rank 6 You will be able to purchase a new trait. Which costs 7,500 Commendations.

    The trait:

    "Sauron feels proud about you, and gives you a promotion. +25 Infamy on any quest completion."

    (Same as for the Free Peoples, but with another description.)

    The infamy will increase each rank above rank 6. As example: When you hit Rank 7 it gives the same trait which grants +30 Infamy on any quest completion. (Only one of these traits may be slotted.)

    Bigger/new map:

    I know that the Ettenmoors might look like this, but is there any chance that the Ettenmoors map will be increased?

    More Monsterplay Updates:

    It would be awesome when Turbine takes more time for Monster Play updates.

    New Monster Class:

    Because the freeps have more classes, it would be cool if this new monster class could be added:

    The Necromancer:

    As in the movie "The Hobbit" there is a Necromancer. It makes the woods sick.

    Race: Undead
    Speciality: Call the undeath.
    Standard Morale: 12,675
    Standard Power: 6,537
    Weapon: Staff

    Necromancers starter skills:

    - Raise the Dead - You are able to call a skeleton on your side. [Cooldown: 3 minutes | Power cost: 463 | Skeletons: 1 | Induction: 4 seconds]
    - Reapers Gift - Gives a Health buff to yourself or ally. [Buff: +2,350 Morale | Power cost: 122 | Health cost: 500 | Cooldown: 1 minute | Induction: 1 second]
    - Strike - You strike your staff on your enemy. [Damage: 300 - 433 | Cooldown: 0 seconds | Power cost: 52 | Induction: 0 seconds]
    - Bleed from the Shadows - You make the enemy bleed by using a spell on the enemy [Bleed: 346 - 534 Every 3 seconds for 30 seconds | Power cost: 92 | Cooldown: 25 seconds]
    - Dark Mists - You are able to become invisible. (Toggle Skill) [Cooldown: 10 Seconds | Power cost per 5 seconds: 52]

    Skeleton Companion Skills:

    - Rotten Flesh - Decreases the enemy's vitality. [Debuff: -263 Vitality | Lasts: 20 Seconds | Cooldown 40 seconds | Power cost: 324]
    - Chop - The skeleton chops the enemies arm. [Debuff: 109 - 273 common damage every 2 seconds for 20 seconds. On expiration: Disarmed for 10 seconds]

    Necromancers skills on rank:

    - No Fear for Dead (Rank 6) You can't be incapacitated. [Lasts: 25 seconds | Cooldown: 1 minute 30 seconds | Induction: 0.5 seconds | Power cost: 35% of your power will be taken.]
    - Reapers Strength (Rank 5) You or your ally gets a damage buff. - [Buff: +10% outgoing ranged, melee and tactical damage.]
    - Destruction (rank 6) You charge and loose an dark fireball on your enemy. [Damage: 1,953 Cooldown: 1 minute (Can be traited to 30 Seconds) | Power cost: 126]

    Portrait Frame Change:

    On rank:

    When you hit Rank 5 you'll get the Elite Portrait.
    When you hit Rank 7 you'll get the Elite Master Portrait.
    When you hit Rank 9 You'll get the Nemesis Portrait.
    When you hit Rank 14 You'll get the Arch-Nemesis Portrait.

    With Rating:

    When you hit 1,500 your Portrait will change to Rare.
    So when you hit 1,500 as a Rank 7 - 8er you'll get a Rare Elite Master Portrait.

    It isn't just only a cool look, but also handy to know how much rating he has.

    Also for freeps:

    The same Ranks but with the freep portraits. No rare tough.

    [The portrait IS NOT a custom portrait! It's a standard portrait.]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I guess this is all.

    Thanks for reading! I hope to see good results/comments

    Goodluck in the Ettenmoors!
    Want to have different vitals? Click [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info820-MPPatchforNPCRankVitalsplugin.html"]here[/URL]!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,510
    Quote Originally Posted by SlopranoDark View Post
    Bigger/new map:

    I know that the Ettenmoors might look like this, but is there any chance that the Ettenmoors map will be increased?
    Twice, Turbine made announcements about adding another PvMP zone, and then backed off from it. Since then, Turbine's statements on that question are that there are no plans to add another PvMP zone, or--actually--much of anything for PvMP beyond raising the level of creeps to match new level caps and, after the HD freep changes are seen in action in the Ettenmors, some balancing adjustments to creeps.

    The Necromancer:

    As in the movie "The Hobbit" there is a Necromancer. It makes the woods sick.
    I'm glad you used the definite article because it really is (in the written works) THE Necromancer. The one and only, and he was really Sauron.

  3. #3
    This would definitely be an interesting class. Kinda like a loremaster mixed with a cappy. Id try it out
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    Twice, Turbine made announcements about adding another PvMP zone, and then backed off from it. Since then, Turbine's statements on that question are that there are no plans to add another PvMP zone, or--actually--much of anything for PvMP beyond raising the level of creeps to match new level caps and, after the HD freep changes are seen in action in the Ettenmors, some balancing adjustments to creeps.
    That's bad to hear, i play most of the time MonsterPlay i'd really like to see a new map etc... Ah well.

    Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    I'm glad you used the definite article because it really is (in the written works) THE Necromancer. The one and only, and he was really Sauron.
    Thanks heh, i've seen The Hobbit part 1. I'm really waiting for part 2. And is it Sauron? Didn't know that there. It would still be cool if a Necromancer class could be added. More people could use it though. So there will not be only one Necromancer in the game. Though they have to buy it in the Lotro store like any class. We could also do that this is a standard character. I mean that when you start playing Monsterplay, you'll be able to use the Orc Reaver and the Necromancer. Would be cool.
    Want to have different vitals? Click [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info820-MPPatchforNPCRankVitalsplugin.html"]here[/URL]!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,677
    Quote Originally Posted by SlopranoDark View Post
    It would still be cool if a Necromancer class could be added.
    There's only one Necromancer in Middle-earth, and he's one of the Maiar... powerful beings like the 5 Wizards - or the Balrogs. None of those would be suitable as a playable class.

    Khafar

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,700
    Sorry in advance, this is going to be a gloomy reply post.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlopranoDark View Post
    Armor and Weapons:
    Doesn't work that way, the coding for creep players is the same as session play, they cannot equip items. It would require an entire rewrite to get this, and Turbine doesn't want to invest time or money in PvMP.


    Warg Riding:
    Same as above.


    More infamy/renown:

    I got 2 ideas for this:

    New infamy/renown quests:
    There will be new, harder quests. (Depents on Rank) The War-Tyrant in Gramsfoot will be able to give a quest which is at your rank. As example:

    "Defeat the Tree Rottenroot." Genre: Group/Raid quest

    This quest grants you like... 200 Infamy.
    Rottenroot isn't difficult. If anything it should give the same or less than the Tyrants.


    On-rank infamy/renown increase:
    When you hit Rank 6 You will be able to purchase a new trait. Which costs 7,500 Commendations.

    The trait:

    "Sauron feels proud about you, and gives you a promotion. +25 Infamy on any quest completion."

    (Same as for the Free Peoples, but with another description.)

    The infamy will increase each rank above rank 6. As example: When you hit Rank 7 it gives the same trait which grants +30 Infamy on any quest completion. (Only one of these traits may be slotted.)
    We really don't need more incentive to PvE at high ranks.


    Bigger/new map:

    I know that the Ettenmoors might look like this, but is there any chance that the Ettenmoors map will be increased?
    Not in our lifetime.


    More Monsterplay Updates:

    It would be awesome when Turbine takes more time for Monster Play updates.
    They've stated they wouldn't, at least not for a long time.


    New Monster Class:

    Because the freeps have more classes, it would be cool if this new monster class could be added:

    The Necromancer:

    As in the movie "The Hobbit" there is a Necromancer. It makes the woods sick.
    That's Sauron. You don't get to play as Sauron in Monster Play.


    Portrait Frame Change:

    On rank:

    When you hit Rank 5 you'll get the Elite Portrait.
    When you hit Rank 7 you'll get the Elite Master Portrait.
    When you hit Rank 9 You'll get the Nemesis Portrait.
    When you hit Rank 14 You'll get the Arch-Nemesis Portrait.

    With Rating:

    When you hit 1,500 your Portrait will change to Rare.
    So when you hit 1,500 as a Rank 7 - 8er you'll get a Rare Elite Master Portrait.

    It isn't just only a cool look, but also handy to know how much rating he has.
    I like the idea of portrait frames changing, but not at such low ranks or easy rating. I feel the current elite portrait is in a good place at r7-8, the others could be at 11, 13 and 15 or something.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    135

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    Sorry in advance, this is going to be a gloomy reply post.


    Doesn't work that way, the coding for creep players is the same as session play, they cannot equip items. It would require an entire rewrite to get this, and Turbine doesn't want to invest time or money in PvMP.



    Same as above.
    I understand that though... But It still would be cool. Ah well...


    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    Rottenroot isn't difficult. If anything it should give the same or less than the Tyrants.
    RottenRoot was just an example. It is simple indeed, they might do something harder as quest. Like the strongest Delvings Boss or so.. Or idk, something that is hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    We really don't need more incentive to PvE at high ranks.
    Well, most of the freeps are a kinda high rank. Never reached above R7 myself. It would be alot handier to rank in about a week instead of 2 months...
    EDIT: I mostly of the time i do dailies, because i can't win from any freep solo. So i always don't get much infamy. I have a friend who just knows how to level. I also want to know how to level/rank... Never knew how it worked. I could use this, not sure if anyone else could use this.

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    Not in our lifetime.
    That's bad...

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    They've stated they wouldn't, at least not for a long time.
    Why wouldn't they update the Ettenmoors? There are lots of monsterplayers. They also have the right for updates!

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    That's Sauron. You don't get to play as Sauron in Monster Play.
    We could just imagine that it is just a magican who learned the Dark Magic. Like a Lich or something? It hasn't to be Sauron. We could do that it is a Undead Mage or whatever. Appearance of a skeleton with a broken black robe. (Light Armor) And a wooden staff with a red ruby on the top and some flying ruby shards around the top. Something like that. Just imagination

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    I like the idea of portrait frames changing, but not at such low ranks or easy rating. I feel the current elite portrait is in a good place at r7-8, the others could be at 11, 13 and 15 or something.
    I always wanted to have a portrait change in monsterplay. But the beginners also have the right for some benefits. Because, in the game already you can get a Elite portrait when you reach R5 - 6

    Thanks for your reply!
    Last edited by SlopranoDark; Oct 01 2013 at 09:41 AM.
    Want to have different vitals? Click [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info820-MPPatchforNPCRankVitalsplugin.html"]here[/URL]!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SlopranoDark View Post
    Why wouldn't they update the Ettenmoors? There are lots of monsterplayers. They also have the right for updates!
    Turbine has very limited funds and human resources for making changes to the game. A major input into the approval process is the amount of player hours spent using each feature like PvP - Kinships... The player usage figures for PvP is very low. It appears the majority of the PvP budget is expended doing maintenance - the changes necessary to deal with:
    1) The annual increase in level cap
    2) Any adjustment to Freep classes, Freep gear or Creep classes due to interactions with Freep PvE changes.
    3) Any updates required to deal with exploiters or undesirable behavior.

    This year Turbine seems to spent all the funds for 2013 trying to deal with rank farming. Either changes to the Game Software. Or additional human resources in Customer Service to monitor activities and handle customer reports from the Moors.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Turbine has very limited funds and human resources for making changes to the game. A major input into the approval process is the amount of player hours spent using each feature like PvP - Kinships... The player usage figures for PvP is very low. It appears the majority of the PvP budget is expended doing maintenance - the changes necessary to deal with:
    1) The annual increase in level cap
    2) Any adjustment to Freep classes, Freep gear or Creep classes due to interactions with Freep PvE changes.
    3) Any updates required to deal with exploiters or undesirable behavior.

    This year Turbine seems to spent all the funds for 2013 trying to deal with rank farming. Either changes to the Game Software. Or additional human resources in Customer Service to monitor activities and handle customer reports from the Moors.

    So do u mean it is the budget that stops updates for the Ettenmoors? In my eye they should have earned alot from the Lotro Store. Idk how much they need to actually make an update. But for me it lookslike they got enough. In my life i spent more than €200 to this game. I hope my idea's will still be implemented.

    Atleast the Portrait idea and the new class idea. I like them alot.
    Want to have different vitals? Click [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info820-MPPatchforNPCRankVitalsplugin.html"]here[/URL]!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,677
    Quote Originally Posted by SlopranoDark View Post
    So do u mean it is the budget that stops updates for the Ettenmoors?
    Nobody said that, including Turbine. However, they have said publicly that PvMP are "single digits" as a percentage of their active players, which means spending there probably won't be high. As Sapience put it, it makes no sense to spend 90% of your funds on less than 10% of your players, but it also makes no sense to spend 0%.

    That means some spending, but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything "big", at least very often. The same rationale applies to pretty much any small constituency. For example, it's been a very long time since housing received anything significant, but this year housing is supposed to finally get something - first the changes to abandonment and maintenance payments, and later some other stuff... crafting for one. Nothing more has been said in public yet, and probably won't be until HD ships.

    Khafar

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,277
    It's fine to make suggestions. It's difficult to know for sure sometimes, which changes would be prohibitive to implement.

    If they ever do get the chance to do something, they will likely want to review what people have suggested.

    On the whole, though, smaller changes and bug fixes are probably much more likely to get done.

    (So pretty much what Khafar said.)

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SlopranoDark View Post
    So do u mean it is the budget that stops updates for the Ettenmoors? In my eye they should have earned alot from the Lotro Store. Idk how much they need to actually make an update. But for me it lookslike they got enough. In my life i spent more than €200 to this game. I hope my idea's will still be implemented.
    I agree they need to make a real content update for the Moors. Turbine has refused to do so for years. They started a couple of times with a new region. The new region was cancelled.

    Kin ships, housing, auction hall to name three other features are the same way. They have gone for years limping along with an occasional pat and lick. Finally Turbine announced that housing would be the existing feature of the year for 2013. I am waiting to see what the update is. How much is going to cost to access the new components in Turbine Points or dollars.

    It is fairly common for companies and government organizations to take cash that could be reinvested in the feature or product that generated it. Apply the cash to something else. That may be what is happening with PvP. The excess cash is going to PvE content.

    I am familiar with one redirection in the Federal government. Given the upset level many people have with the Federal Government at the moment. I do not want to derail and get this thread locked by giving a real life example.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  13. #13
    Yes, the only Necromancer in the books is Sauron, who is a Maiar, blah blah blah. How do you explain the gaunt lords? They resurrect stuff all the time. The Barrow Downs are swarming with the undead. And yes, I know the Witchking sent them there, but Gaunt Lords/Gaunt Men create the undead multiple times during the game. I'm not in support of this idea, if they add a new MP class I would want it to be the Morgul Sorcerer suggested a while ago, iirc by BirdofHermes. They could integrate necromancy into that idea. I just wanted to say that it would be viable based on the current material in the game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2621a0000001fff86/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,299
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkIstar View Post
    Yes, the only Necromancer in the books is Sauron, who is a Maiar, blah blah blah. How do you explain the gaunt lords? They resurrect stuff all the time. The Barrow Downs are swarming with the undead. And yes, I know the Witchking sent them there, but Gaunt Lords/Gaunt Men create the undead multiple times during the game. I'm not in support of this idea, if they add a new MP class I would want it to be the Morgul Sorcerer suggested a while ago, iirc by BirdofHermes. They could integrate necromancy into that idea. I just wanted to say that it would be viable based on the current material in the game.
    Those are gaunt-lords, totally different method. They do not resurrect, they call upon the already undead.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore
    ____________________________

    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    135

    Angry

    Why does nobody ever like my ideas... I posted like 4 awesome idea's which nobody likes.... And most of all it isn't possible. I hate that...
    Want to have different vitals? Click [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info820-MPPatchforNPCRankVitalsplugin.html"]here[/URL]!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,510
    Quote Originally Posted by SlopranoDark View Post
    Why does nobody ever like my ideas... I posted like 4 awesome idea's which nobody likes.... And most of all it isn't possible. I hate that...
    I don't see that anyone in this thread said that they "don't like" your ideas, only that several people have pointed out why, good, bad, or indifferent, there are solid reasons why they are unlikely to be implemented.

    From some of what was said, though, it is time to point out once again that LotRO is based on Tolkien's books, not Jackson's movies. If you want the straight scoop on the Necromancer, *read* LotR.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    I don't see that anyone in this thread said that they "don't like" your ideas, only that several people have pointed out why, good, bad, or indifferent, there are solid reasons why they are unlikely to be implemented.

    From some of what was said, though, it is time to point out once again that LotRO is based on Tolkien's books, not Jackson's movies. If you want the straight scoop on the Necromancer, *read* LotR.
    Right... :/ But it hasn't to be Sauron, it could also be an Dark Mage or whatever. Anyways, is it possible to get the portrait frame change then...?
    Want to have different vitals? Click [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info820-MPPatchforNPCRankVitalsplugin.html"]here[/URL]!

  18. #18
    If this hasnt been said, for a new class, the Cargul should be playable. And thoses who dont know or forgotten who they are, the are basic lesser ringwraith mortals turned wraiths by the nine.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3

    Unhappy

    Your ideas are good, but that doesn't mean Turbine would waste money or put effort on something that only a few people would like, which sucks sorta

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload