We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Absent player home evictions

About once a month for the last 2 years I have been checking the occupied (but unpaid) deluxe homes in Highdore/Bree Homesteads, in the hope of finding homes for kinfellows near our Kinhouse.
    Although many homes became available due to the evictions recently, there are still two deluxe houses with unpaid rent, is there some sort of bug that is preventing those (clearly absent) players from being evicted?
    Has anyone else experienced this issue in other homesteads?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000d8c92/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The upkeep has to be unpaid for more than 180 days before they will be foreclosed.

That's now the only requirement.

If you know of any houses that have unpaid upkeep longer than that then I would suggest you submit a ticket to Turbine. I can't say if they will do anything about it, but it's your best bet.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

I was going to post something along these lines myself.
    After the initial huge wave of foreclosures has anyone seen any other properties come up as vacant?
    There are 4 properties locked for failure to pay upkeep that I have had my eye on which have never foreclosed, I assumed they had not been empty for long enough, now I am wondering if the mass foreclosure was a one off and we only assumed it would be ongoing.

So again, can anyone say for sure that in recent weeks they have seen a property come up they knew was a foreclosure?

This is really not a issue. There are far more wide spread affecting problems like lag, as the issues and bugs a plenty.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000264409/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    lvl 95 Champion / Rank 10 Arkenstone Server / Officer - Order of the Cresent Dragon / Kuznumshi lvl 95 Reaver / Rank 7 Arkenstone Server / Grunt of Tribe of Aracnophobia

Absent player home evictions - revisited

Going back to this thread, since it is on topic.

Anyone know whether the existence of the owning character has any bearing on them being evicted and their house becoming available.

I've been watching a particular house for a few months now. To track whether the owner is active or not, I tried to add them to my friends list. I got the message "The player does not exist". Just wondering if this breaks the eviction mechanism?

Quote Originally Posted by Rrys View Post
    Going back to this thread, since it is on topic.

Anyone know whether the existence of the owning character has any bearing on them being evicted and their house becoming available.

I've been watching a particular house for a few months now. To track whether the owner is active or not, I tried to add them to my friends list. I got the message "The player does not exist". Just wondering if this breaks the eviction mechanism?
    Good question. My guess would be no. But if they transferred or deleted the character the house would be put back on the market, so they must still exist. Are you sure you typed in the name correctly? Either way, the only real way to track a house without access to the maintenance panel is to check if it's locked out due to failure to pay upkeep, and then tick down the days until it's foreclosed. If it's been a few months since upkeep has been paid, then the house should come back on the market soon.

RE: foreclosures in general, it can seem like forever but they do eventually happen. There were a couple houses I was watching that I was sure were bugged, but they eventually came up.

A house is released immediately when the character that owns the house is deleted.

All characters on an account can pay the weekly maintenance fee. Some people like me have set the permissions so that anyone can pay the maintenance. It is not necessary for the owning character to log in the game. Some people have F2P storage accounts. It is possible that the house owner character is the only character on that account. The house owner may have only been played long enough to get high enough level to purchase a house.

If you can't add the owning character to your friends list then there are these potential issues:

1) You are not correctly entering the character name.
    2) The name on the house might not be the correct name of the character. There is a bug.
    3) The owner character might be archived to secondary storage because the character has not been used for a long time.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Well, just to be certain, I've triple checked the name spelling and I've got it correct. So I tried one last time to add them to friend's list and whatdya know? I have a new friend and a better track of the time that has past since they might have paid their rent. Yes, I know they can pay it with other characters, but that is why I check the house access everyday (you know, knock and the try to walk on in!) Thanks for the very polite feedback!