We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejeff View Post
    Man, Naug, way to be a hypocrite.

Also, to all the people saying how SnH just repeats the same thing over and over, how about quit calling us out over the same untrue stuff time and time again. I swear, if you guys spent the time you do on trying to mess with us on actually learning the game, you would definitely have us beat as the number 1 raiding kin (and number 1 PvP kin as well). That's the difference, we spent our time in the game on actually learning it and getting as good as we possibly could, well until everyone started broadcasting their opinion about us at least.

To think I had respect for some of the people who try to cause drama in a video game,
    You all make me sick.
    I was just kidding with my comment about SnH all sharing the same thoughts. I am in TS/Vent with them every night relaying them info as to creep movement, numbers, intentions etc . Since I am so close with all of them I thought it would be in good nature to make fun of them. I hope none of them thought I was serious or took offense to what I said (I doubt they did). Those that know me understand that 87.5% of the stuff that I say is utter nonsense and not serious. (Unless I'm teaching Strobe how to play an RK, or Tacky or Morz how to play a Mini)

PS...Youre a warden, no one takes anything you say or do seriously! :P.......KIDDING AGAIN!

PPS.....Bane, it has been a pleasure play alongside and against you. Hope you pop in every now and again!

PPPS......Just because Strobe did it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Trainatura View Post
    I was just kidding with my comment about SnH all sharing the same thoughts. I am in TS/Vent with them every night relaying them info as to creep movement, numbers, intentions etc . Since I am so close with all of them I thought it would be in good nature to make fun of them. I hope none of them thought I was serious or took offense to what I said (I doubt they did). Those that know me understand that 87.5% of the stuff that I say is utter nonsense and not serious. (Unless I'm teaching Strobe how to play an RK, or Tacky or Morz how to play a Mini)

PS...Youre a warden, no one takes anything you say or do seriously! :P.......KIDDING AGAIN!

PPS.....Bane, it has been a pleasure play alongside and against you. Hope you pop in every now and again!

PPPS......Just because Strobe did it.....
    I'm not referring to you, I'm referring to the million other people who seem to hate us just because it's the popular thing to do
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Cynfive Cynrion[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][B]Cynthri[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]Callun Cynrios[/COLOR]
    Points > Everything
    I am spy

[/SIZE][/CENTER]

What a random thing to read...

Sorry to see you go Bane.
    Gaelbo/Hodurs

What the hell is going on? Community sounds a little nervous prior to HD

Durrga R13 Hunter *Highguard of Numenor /Medwulf (semi-retired) R10 Champ / Vei the Burg R9

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel13863 View Post
    Anodhelm space.

I have largely changed my opinion on this because the nature of GTA FC has changed. When I first started participating in GTA FC it was usually during times when not much else was going on and it was a great chance to polish your 1v1 skills against different freep/creep classes. This in turn made us better players. This part of FC is very important and valuable. There was much honor in soloing a couple years back and GTA FC was largely comprised of people who solo'd for the vast majority of the time. There were a solid 10 players (everyday) on both sides that almost entirely solo'd and would occasionally group. The raid leaders knew who these people were, would zerggankthem sometimes but about half the time would not. There were pretty clear lines.

Now...the moors has become like Nam in 68'. Sure the music and pipeweed is great, but there is not a lot of women and even worse, you cannot tell who the enemy is. Making a hopeless quagmire even worse, there is no popular support for the imperialist Freeps (tell me again how the peasant sofa pits collective outside of Grams is a threat to your "superior" economic model of hyper inflation at the ah) among the free peoples in Bree and the Shire, a bunch of noobs in their late teen and early twenties (lvls) who would rather attend music festivals and party. The war profiteers in Lothlorien and even Michel Delving for that matter live in luxury while the freep forces watch their buddies die face down in the mud in some far away land to an enemy that fights with nothing more than a handful of mash and a random weapon that is often disappointingly the stupid hand axe rather than the katana you wanted on your BA when you logged in. You have weapons that cost THOUSANDS of gold...you have the greatest and most powerful skills and players in the world...and a handful of peasant creeps fighting for no other reason than because the alternative is so very much worse, occasionally beats you.

Okay back to FC. Here is the truth of it boys and girls...most of us soloers sold out to the glorious renown and nonstop action/fun that grouping has to offer. When Rohan came out they gave out first agers like candy and rewarded us for getting raids together to tackle big delving bosses and flip keeps to give us renown and buffs. They set up the moors to make it more raid oriented. Perhaps you can say that we are now mirroring the War of the Ring in that as we come closer to the battlefields of the Pelennor, so to do our battles grow in size and ferocity. This is not a bad thing. Our playstyles changed along the predictable lines that our puppet masters the turbine devs intended. We went from soloing, where you used to get more renown often, to grouping.

Milnor hit r14 by becoming a great raid leader, Goold and I ranked a few times too. Sure we all still solo and small group, even more than raid, but the lines are blurred. You can't make forum posts about the 50k renown you made off of rolling creeps with 30 of your boyz and then think that GTA is some land of peace and understanding. Sorry...we cashed in on the war and now we are a part of it. We are wanted people, there is a reason why Chili doesn't roll alone too much hahaha. Do you think Neck expects to not get ganked when he roams solo? But now you all get auto first agers (r13) which should help your kin be the first to take down any new pve content this next expac so grats on that.

Thankfully though, solo play is actually alive and well and small group play is spectacular lately with these decreased numbers. But when I see the immediate gravitation of all players to gta just to fight each other in the most efficient manner possible rather than roaming the landscape and getting into real solo play, then yeah it seems a bit like farming. Think of it...WE (yes I used to do this as soon as I logged in to moors) mindlessly leave our factories of grams and gv and beeline it for gta and just stand there waiting for our opponent. It isn't farming, it is manufacturing renown by streamlining the fights you might have gotten randomly from roaming into a form of pvp where you essentially stand in line for your next opponent. This requires coordination and rules so certain etiquette is followed and certain skills aren't used...which happens to make the fights go faster and therefore the renown factory churns out a higher volume of heroism and pvp videos.

Also...don't do it at GTA, it is a major map in for creeps...make it good grim or good isen and we would probably never even see you. Yes you have to bring rezzers. Help us help you by not having your FC right at one of the most frequently used creep map in locations.

You made a G today..but you made it in a sleazy way.

-A Farmer

Hypocrite...but to each his own, you're where you belong now. I dont even enjoy 1v1s at gta as much as some may think, but what the hell am I suppose to do when the high ranked creeps on this server are running away and hiding waiting on chili to logg in. Grow a sack. Then if chili cant do it no one can, he loggs and everyone goes with him...so pathetic. Hilarious really, you'll have about 4 freeps 1v1ing at gta and about 4-8 creeps complaining about it, yet they do nothing. When they finally feel they have enough NOT to competitively fight the 4 freeps on gta but instead roll them with 10-12 THAT is when they strike, after freeps come back with numbers to fight that force they disband and hide again. Go ahead and call me a liar but then stop to notice it when it happens. Idve quit a long time ago

P.S

Naug dont mention the word farm, think i didnt observe the times you ran into creep groups simply feeding them with no intention at all to pvp? You did it so much for necksnappers even the likes of him stopped killing you since you were worth nothing. If todays rules applied back when you did it I wouldnt be surprised if you were banned for farming

P.P.S

Get dunked

P.P.P.S

L2P
    Last edited by sebo2yoface; Oct 05 2013 at 09:07 AM.
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

Quote Originally Posted by pibob314 View Post
    Hmm......

No.

As Nymerica said, using the location as an excuse as to why it offends you so much is just that, an excuse.

I get far less renown or infamy from a FC than I do from roaming. Far less. The difference is that at the FC, the majority of fights are challenging and against good high skilled players, whereas whilst roaming the fights tend to be ganks (either by me or on me), or trying to get a kill at the side of a larger battle.

To suggest that solo'ers go straight to gta for a fc is a fallacy. Perhaps one or two do. Perhaps some do when it's quiet, which as you said yourself is something good that can provide some action for the few that are out there when the map is empty for the most part. But when it's busy? You've really lost touch it seems.

When I leave GV, I hit at least 80% of the mapins, go to every red keep, go to grothum (don't do quests anymore), the outposts, golloval, dwarf camp, old oc, the huorns south of grim, HH, spiders, old plains OP, DG, the rez circles, etc etc.... oh and grams. Apparently, that makes me a grams farmer. You know where the creeps are for the most part though? Exactly. Grams. And I'm not talking a bunch of greenie questers. High ranked, experienced creeps are just sitting there all day long, twiddling their thumbs. So I go there, I try and get a kill, regardless if the coward sitting there is r2 or r14, then I leave. That's not camping. But it gets CALLED camping.

So you see, it's perspective. If the creep I target at grams was also roaming like me, they would encounter me in hundreds more random places on the map, but because all they see is me when I'm at grams, that's all they see. So when they call it out, and then the next guy about an hour later calls it out (never mind where I've been in the time between), a picture is painted using only one colour.

And so back to GTA FC. People don't just go there. They go everywhere. GTA is simply where the FC forms in the most organic and convenient way. It just happens. The way you see it, or appear to be describing it, is very much in the line of Luc's old argument, that it is collusion. It really isn't.

Now FC's get zerged. They are going to be zerged whether they are at GTA or old plains OP or anywhere. They just will. I accept that. It's just another organic and natural thing that happens in the moors because different people have different playstyles and motivations. I can live with it. Most people can live with that. What people get annoyed with are the punks who sit there in the FC and then gank certain individuals during their fights or at the end of their fights. That sort of scummy, vindictive, childish behaviour is going to get a reaction. There are certain people who do that to me who are kill on sight. Even if they are having a 1v1 with a freep I respect, I will sacrifice my reputation to destroy them, then apologise to the freep later. If you're going to gank a FC, gank it properly, come with a raid, wipe everyone. Don't just sit there and try to pick off easy cheap nasty kills.
    "Heroes get remembered but Legends never die."

SnH Landroval

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2