We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thank you very much for the information So the plan is: Play this main char(Guardian) and get 95 TP asap and than worry about extra points at lvl 30 for the quests. so i'll make an alt for TP runs when i hit 30 with main and don't ahve enough TP for the quests packs That should do it Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by yawumpus View Post
    Also don't be too surprised if you get 95TP back faster through questing faster (due to a horse) than running around on foot.
    This is one of the reasons why I mentioned the Samwise Gamgee Starter pack in my earlier post. I have it and grinding is much more convenient now that all my disposable characters can ride without paying TP for the priviledge. Still, if the OP is on a tight budget, this may not be an option for them.
    Maybe they have a friend or relative who'd be willing to buy it for the OP as a Christmas gift? The holidays are still some time off, I know, but I think the Samwise pack really is one of the best offers available for new players. (The other great offer is the Mithril Edition, by the way, which costs about 20$, but can drop to half of that during sales and gives an account-wide mount, enough content to level to about level 65 and premium status.)

Oh, and may be a good idea to ask around on your server's regional or LFF channel for other people who're grinding for TP. In a group, the slayer deeds will go a lot faster and grinding is more fun when you have company.

yeah i know that is the best way to spend money but still i'll see what can i do. tho i think i'll just stick to grinding if i'll run low on TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    This is one of the reasons why I mentioned the Samwise Gamgee Starter pack in my earlier post. I have it and grinding is much more convenient now that all my disposable characters can ride without paying TP for the priviledge. Still, if the OP is on a tight budget, this may not be an option for them.
    Note that every character you make gets a 24-hour (real time) temporary mount. This means that any "efficient grinding play" will involve a new character ridding around on the temporary horse whistle (assuming you can find enough time in a day to justify getting the character out of the initial instance). I don't doubt that the Sam's pack comes in handy, especially with lesser alts that are for a mix of play and TP points. Its just that most of the obvious benefit isn't something you need to buy.

My biggest problem of Sam's pack is that it is something of a VIP-light. The big catch is that eventually a player will want to cough up at least $15 for a month of VIP (this and the mithril edition are the best deals in lotro, and the mithril edition has been known to go on sale) for all the needed things it has: fast travel (stays with you after VIP and you can't get it any other way), full unlocked virtues/traits, riding skill, unlocked gold cap, 5 bags (Sam gives you 4. They don't stack). On the other hand, don't be too surprised if you wind up wanting another short-term subscription: Turbine finds ways that you may want guild crafting unlocked for all you characters (but it allows advancing while you are VIP, which isn't very accessible to low level characters) and you can grind deeds *everywhere*.

If you do every possible deed on one character in the three starting areas - Ered Luin, The Shire, and Bree-land - plus The Lone Lands, then you will have enough TP to purchase the Evendim quest pack, which is the recommended QP for level 30-40ish play. Two of the three starting areas will be somewhat redundant, since you will be above their level after completing the first, but you still get the TP for completing quest, exploration, and slayer deeds.

You also earn points in many different virtue traits from the deeds. You can slot a few of your virtues at a Bard to get their bonus effect, like more morale or a few more points of a stat.

You can also do all of this on your second character and get the same amount of TP again, plus the TP from both your characters completing everything in Evendim. Now you'll have TP for another QP, but the choice gets a little problematic here because there isn't a QP that covers the 40-50 range well.

If you have plenty of time a really no money, you can repeat the above process with new characters on different servers. If you are not playing on Landroval, I would suggest creating two characters there and using them to get some more TP. Then you will have a character on Landy that you can logon to next summer for the annual Weatherstock music festival.

Have fun!
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

So as i understand you all: No F2P player can't really play the game with just 1 char without makeing TP farming alts..That's really too bad :/ Thanks you all again for all the info and help!! Never seen such good response on forums

Quote Originally Posted by Merenthus View Post
    Oh hehe now i understand ^^ i'll probably have to make another char just to farm TP since i don't think i'll get 95TP for riding skill and the TP necessary for the quests at lvl 30+.
    if you do everything that will give you points in the content just in the three starting areas then you should get roughly 1400TP, that and the rest of the deeds you can do in the lone lands should be more than enough to get the next zone quest pack, horse riding skill and some storage increases.
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

Hehe nice to hear that and Lotro is anyway more about lvling an questing than endgame if i'm not wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Merenthus View Post
    Hehe nice to hear that and Lotro is anyway more about lvling an questing than endgame if i'm not wrong?
    Endgame is fun, but I think that's a fair statement. Hope you enjoy your journey in Middle Earth.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Hehe can't w8 to get to the end lvl Thanks again ^^

Like Bel Astarte said, LotRO is more about travel, that destination. If one just charges to leelcap, one misses 2/3 of fun the game offers.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000163bef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2