We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Help me with a Choice for One First Age

So, I have enough seals for a First Age Javelin or a Sword and I'm looking for advice.

I'm thinking about a Javelin for PVmP, but like tanking PVE as well. I've only got a few of the Tier 9 settings and Gems (the combined ones like Wildermore gem of faith), so it would be great to use the same weapon for both.

Thoughts?

If I were you, I'd save my seals.

The Helm's Deep expansion is close and will include a level cap increase. This means 2nd and 3rd age level 95 items will likely be easily attainable and of comparable potency to a level 85 1st age. In addition, the class changes coming up with Helm's Deep will likely impact legendary item legacies. Those which are useful now may no longer be desirable in a few months time.

Just IMHO of course.

Cheers!
    Ginwar - Warden | Ginrunk - Rune Keeper | Ginras - Hunter
    Officer of [URL="http://thorinsshield.gamerdna.com/"]Thorin's Shield[/URL], Snowbourn, UK.

Thanks for the reply.

I thought Turbine was destroying seals with the update like they did last time?

They don't like seals to convert over between expansion. They nerfed them into mithril coins or something (seems like so long ago).

they were converted 10:1 I think into medalions but that was u10 I believe. As there is no raid cluster I would assume they are not converting seals to medalions. However, an 85 FA will likely be worthless except as a tanking li and you don't need an fa for tanking anyway. I would save the seals.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

I'd be pretty confident they will convert seals into medallions, though i don't know this one way or the other.

My biggest needs for points are DPS/Moors melee weapon > DPS/Moors Jav > Tanking Weapon = Tanking Jav. you also gain almost nothing from upgrading to a 1st age LI for tanking, especially since (at least with my legacy choices) points aren't in short supply.

If I were choosing 1 for my only 1st age LI, it would be a melee DPS/Moors one, as that is how I prefer to play in the moors, and my legacy choices leave that the most in need of points. If you are more of an Assailment Warden in the moors, the dps rating boost is probably worth it to take a jav over melee weapon.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    I'd be pretty confident they will convert seals into medallions, though i don't know this one way or the other.

My biggest needs for points are DPS/Moors melee weapon > DPS/Moors Jav > Tanking Weapon = Tanking Jav. you also gain almost nothing from upgrading to a 1st age LI for tanking, especially since (at least with my legacy choices) points aren't in short supply.

If I were choosing 1 for my only 1st age LI, it would be a melee DPS/Moors one, as that is how I prefer to play in the moors, and my legacy choices leave that the most in need of points. If you are more of an Assailment Warden in the moors, the dps rating boost is probably worth it to take a jav over melee weapon.
    last round they only did so when there was actually something that you could buy with seals. That said, until they did, they were pretty much useless to have anyway, unless you wanted to waste them by buying emp scrolls.

I believe the seals were converted 20:1 into medallions upon U10 iirc, but if you really want a FA, my suggestion is the javelin. It has more useful tanking legacies than the melee and the extra points would be better spent there imo. There is a rumor among the better wardens in my kin that a FA sword will give you a slightly higher intrinsic parry boost over cap, but that is neither here nor there. I have 2 FA tanking LI's mainly because I had nothing better to spend my seals on and my parry has gone as high as 32.7%.
    Fan of Crickhollow - Officer of The Knights Who Say Ni - Fanvenil Lvl 85 Hunter - Fanvir Lvl 85 Warden - Fanuil Lvl 85 Captain

You might also consider a main hand DPS weapon, just to use as you level to 95 with the update. Assailment can be fun in moors, but has more limited usefulness in PvE, where recklessness really shines.
    I've not heard official word about seals, but if I were low on meds right now I'd just hang onto them before making a FA. Also, if you have 300 or 400 gold to spend instead of the seals you should look on your auction house or just let ppl know you are considering buying a symbol - price will only continue to drop.