We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Creep Mailing System

I'm almost sure this has been brought up before (I'm too lazy to search for it), but it would be real nice to get some sort of a mailing system for creeps. Obviously you can't just stick a mail box in grams, it wouldn't be part of the lore (like so many people freak out about), but I dunno, make it like a big rock or something and have the creep "hide" their things under the rock, so that their other toons can go get it from under that rock (or something to that effect). It is quite annoying having to set up with another player so that I can trade my stuff with them, switch toons, and then get it all back.

Plus I have the added bonus of having a neat bug where I can trade something to someone and be fine, but once someone trades something back to me, I crash...so ya.
    [b][color=Gold]Arkenstone - Umaiar: [/color][color=Crimson] Wolfbacon - BlackForestHam - PorkOrc - RumpRoastReaver[/color]
    [color=Violet]Brandywine: [/color][color=Crimson]MyLoinClothIsFalling - PewPewPower[/color]
    [color=PaleGreen]Landroval - TheBloog: [/color][color=Crimson]SausageSaviour - TheBAFormallyKnown[/color][/b]

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkogrim View Post
    I'm almost sure this has been brought up before (I'm too lazy to search for it), but it would be real nice to get some sort of a mailing system for creeps. It is quite annoying having to set up with another player so that I can trade my stuff with them, switch toons, and then get it all back.

Plus I have the added bonus of having a neat bug where I can trade something to someone and be fine, but once someone trades something back to me, I crash...so ya.
    Lots of times,

But I still support it!
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Bump.

I really think this needs to be considered. Either a mail system or some sort of vault to store items.
    [b][color=Gold]Arkenstone - Umaiar: [/color][color=Crimson] Wolfbacon - BlackForestHam - PorkOrc - RumpRoastReaver[/color]
    [color=Violet]Brandywine: [/color][color=Crimson]MyLoinClothIsFalling - PewPewPower[/color]
    [color=PaleGreen]Landroval - TheBloog: [/color][color=Crimson]SausageSaviour - TheBAFormallyKnown[/color][/b]

My vote would be for a vault .
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

This suggestion has been made many times before, but I am glad to see it raised again because it would be a genuine quality of live improvement for creeps. For what it's worth I very much support this idea.

Thumbs up

Have my tired thumbs up.
    Having to rely on other players like this isn't exactly 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDwsWdcSLBc
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1f21b00000026a173/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This has been brought up before and i agree that creeps need both a vault and a mailing system. call it a den or a cave or whatever but creeps could do with a place to save items and also to send things to other creeps.
    Totally agree.

Bump...figured this topic needed to be brought up again...getting really annoying having to start a set of trades just so I can get an item from one toon to a other...You know what, I don't even care if you have to put it in the store, I don't care if I have to buy something which should have been there by default. At this point, I just need something to send and store items, and I think that's the case for most creeps.

It is my understanding that Turbine has stated that it's difficult for them to do this because it's an instanced area. However, that doesn't make much sense. Here's why:

Freeps have a vaultkeeper inside GV in the Moors.
    Freeps have mailboxes at their houses, inside instanced areas
    Freeps have a vaultkeeper inside the housing instances, at the center of the housing area.

So, they have proven three times over that it is, in fact, possible to have mail and vault services inside an instanced area.

That being said, though, it would mean they'd need to set up a separate mail/vault system than what they already have freepside, which may prove a little challenging. Even with that fact, though, I find it still questionable as to why it isn't possible.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001968dc/signature.png]Mathilanakh[/charsig]

~Main characters~ Arkenstone: Sansanor, 100 Hunter; Mathilanakh, R11 Warg

I'm up for goblin runners.....

Ugh! I don't even wanna know what gross icky things creeps would mail to eachother!
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    I'm up for goblin runners.....
    OMG I would love that. But yeah, I agree wholeheartedly that there needs to be some means for sending/storing items creep-side. Heck, just let my warg dig a hole and bury something my blackarrow can dig up later. I don't care what it is, but the cleverer and funnier it is, the better.

Wouldn't the wargs just bite the mailman?

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Ugh! I don't even wanna know what gross icky things creeps would mail to eachother!
    I wasn't aware that Orcs and Uruks were literate, and how exactly would Wargs and Spiders send mail?

But yeah, I agree that some method of transferring items would be useful.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Elflord410 View Post
    I wasn't aware that Orcs and Uruks were literate, and how exactly would Wargs and Spiders send mail?
    Creep mail is a playability issue not a realism issue. You were going with realism mail would be limited to a few local area. Mail something in the Shire pick it up in the Shire. The quick post is not going to be able to get mail to Lothlorien or Mirkwood. Mail in Mirkwood makes no realism sense. The elves are only across Anduin for a few days. The mail would have been held back in Lothlorien.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.