We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

2010 Account Missing.

Hello Everyone!

How are all of you doing? I apologize for I am sure I am in the wrong section, but I can't seem to locate the proper thread for my issue. Here is a brief run down of what has happened.
    Sometime in 2010 my cousin and myself found a LOTRO expansion pack in Wal-Mart and downloaded it and LOTRO. Made an Account with the username of CLAN-JARHEAD (recently enlisted in the USMC) and my account name was cntlavastine (lvl 67 or so). I played for a year or so up until I left for boot camp July 11, 2011. Now after a couple of years I have decided to get back into LOTRO and cannot find my characters. I have been all through the account support and what have you, and have done all I can to locate my characters but I can't. Turbine remembers my log in information and all from 2010, but not my characters or my turbine points and what not. I have spent a lot of time and money in the past on this game and would very much like to continue in case I go on another MEU so I have something to do. Can anyone help me out with this problem? Also, I made a new character yesterday and went to the same world but couldn't find that new character today. Why is my info not saving LOTRO? What can I do? If you have any idea as to why it would be very much appreciated.
    P.S Different computers were used from when I first started LOTRO and now Also I use to play as a Monster too (lvl 70 something).

R/S
    Brandon W.

Have you tried to log into your turbine account at http://myaccount.turbine.com yet? You would have created a Turbine account if you had played the game at all. That would be the place to start.

Yes.

Yes several times but like I said they have my info, but I can't do anything with it, it just shows the expansion packs and my account and the date I played, only option available to do is change my nickname.

... and once you are there, and you know that you need assistance, and you click on the HELP link at the top right, and you are directed to http://support.turbine.com...

Have you submitted a support ticket on the issue? Have you described to them in detail the account issues you are experiencing? Have you gotten any kind of reply back from them that isn't automated?

I had noticed you said that Turbine had your basic account information. What I didn't notice was any other information on how you pursued the issue further with Turbine and what they had said or done for you. Posting your account issue in the LOTRO forum isn't likely to get the issue fixed... it is more likely that people will reply like I have that you need to make Turbine aware of the issues, and work with them directly.

I have found Turbine folks very helpful

when I had to have help getting account issues sorted out. I suggest contacting them directly.

Welcome back.
    [FONT=palatino linotype][SIZE=2][COLOR=#b22222]LilyRose of Gladden[/COLOR][COLOR=#b22222], Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at[/COLOR][URL="http://rangerswest.guildlaunch.com"][COLOR=#b22222] rangerswest.guildlaunch.com[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#b22222].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I would recommend removing your account and usernames from your post. This is not infpormation that you should share with world+dog.
    [COLOR=Red][B]TANSTAAFL[/B][/COLOR]

Lightbulb

The forums name is the same as account name so is doesn't make any difference if he type it. Just don't post your password as well... About the "missing" characters double check that you didn't logged in the wrong server by accident. Also some weird bug is sending people to the wrong server if you have marked "log into last used server". If you are in the righr server & still cannot find your characters. Call turbines: 1(781)407-4020 , their customer services will help you figure what happened. If someone deleted your charaters without autorization they can help you recover them.

Quote Originally Posted by cntlavastine View Post
    I have been all through the account support and what have you, and have done all I can to locate my characters but I can't. Turbine remembers my log in information and all from 2010, but not my characters or my turbine points and what not.
    First, it looks like you are talking about two different accounts here. Is your cousin able to find his/her characters?

Next, can you remember what server you were playing on in 2010? Your characters only exist on one server. Logging in to the game using your newly-downloaded game client and select that server in the Launcher. While you are there, does your account say "free to play" or "premium" on the left above where the list of characters ought to appear?

There's a slim possibility that you purchased the EU version of the game. Does the word "Codemasters" mean anything to you? If you could tell us your old server name, that might also tell us if you were on an EU server in 2010. If you were, sadly, you missed the window for transferring your characters and they are indeed lost.

If you've checked your old server, then it's definitely time to contact Customer Support. I can't tell if you have done that yet or not, but here's how: http://support.turbine.com/link/port...stomer-Support
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    The forums name is the same as account name so is doesn't make any difference if he type it.
    It is your choice to make your forum name the same as your account name. (Mine isn't.) While accountname isn't a secret, knowing it gives the bad guys one more thing to help them loot your account. So it's just not a good idea to post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    It is your choice to make your forum name the same as your account name. (Mine isn't.) While accountname isn't a secret, knowing it gives the bad guys one more thing to help them loot your account. So it's just not a good idea to post it here.
    The Forums state that whatever is your account name must be the same s your forums name, if yours differ you are talking about 2 accounts. you can have 2 accounts but only 1 forums name so 1 of those accounts corespond to your forums name even if is not the same you play the most. If i was you i will be careful that im not bending the rules too far.

The Forums state that whatever is your account name must be the same s your forums name, if yours differ you are talking about 2 accounts. you can have 2 accounts but only 1 forums name so 1 of those accounts corespond to your forums name even if is not the same you play the most. If i was you i will be careful that im not bending the rules too far.
    My FORUM name, Shukar, is not the account name that I use to log in with. I must use the same login name (the one that isn't Shukar) for the forums as I do for the game.

If this is a policy that changed after I created my account, then I apologize. And I need to talk to Turbine, because making the forum name the same as the account name IS a security weakness!

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    My FORUM name, Shukar, is not the account name that I use to log in with. I must use the same login name (the one that isn't Shukar) for the forums as I do for the game.

If this is a policy that changed after I created my account, then I apologize. And I need to talk to Turbine, because making the forum name the same as the account name IS a security weakness!
    Nah. Account name is for logging into your Turbine account and logging into the game. Then you have subscription name, which can be different from your account name, like you have done. Your subscription name is used in the forums. If you have more than 1 subscription like I do, the you must only use ONE of the multiple subscription names for posting in the forums.

I've got one account name - XXX. I've got one DDO and two LOTRO subscription names - AAA, BBB, and Nosdracir . I've been using the last to post in these forums as long as you have, Shukar, and we're both following both the rules and best possible security practices correctly. Cheers!
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    [url]http://www.theoldergamers.com[/url]

It states nothing of the sort. It states that the forum account you use must be the same account as that which you use to play. It says nothing about forum name/account name. In fact in the process when you create the account it specifically tells you NOT top make your forum name the same as your account name because it's bad security for your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Edrogar View Post
    It states nothing of the sort. It states that the forum account you use must be the same account as that which you use to play. It says nothing about forum name/account name. In fact in the process when you create the account it specifically tells you NOT top make your forum name the same as your account name because it's bad security for your account.
    In fact you cannot use the same name, it simply won't allow it. That's why I ended up with this forum name; I already knew what I wanted as an account name but got caught out by needing another name for the forums and had to think of something on the spot that wasn't already used.

The OP's forum name is not his account name, he states his actual account name prior to the one that matches his forum name and the one that matches his forum name is actually his character name - unless his account is "level 67 or so".

Anyway, OP, please remove them both from your post as neither is needed here.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Also some weird bug is sending people to the wrong server if you have marked "log into last used server".
    I didn't know of a bug there, but even when working correctly, that "last used server" feature of the launcher is based on information stored locally on your own computer. So if you have a new computer and re-download the game afresh, it won't know where you played last.

Cntlavastine, are you sure you remember correctly which server you were on back in 2010/2011? Or when you mentioned that you "have done all I can to locate my characters" does that include going through all 29 servers and logging in to each of them to see if your old character(s) are there? It's a rather time-consuming hassle, but it's a way that quite a few returning players found characters they initially thought were lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    I didn't know of a bug there, but even when working correctly, that "last used server" feature of the launcher is based on information stored locally on your own computer. So if you have a new computer and re-download the game afresh, it won't know where you played last.

Cntlavastine, are you sure you remember correctly which server you were on back in 2010/2011? Or when you mentioned that you "have done all I can to locate my characters" does that include going through all 29 servers and logging in to each of them to see if your old character(s) are there? It's a rather time-consuming hassle, but it's a way that quite a few returning players found characters they initially thought were lost.
    The bug occurs if you use multiple accounts, when you switch between accounts sometimes it reverts the "saved" server to a default server.