We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question The Unbeatable Build

hello, i have read numerous posts, threads and guides etc for anything that helps in how to play with a warden and how to set it up for tanking etc.

while i came close to getting what i wanted i never got the exact thing i wanted....or maybe i just misunderstood.

i want to build my warden in a way that makes it pretty much well, unbeatable.....i dont care for things like threat generation, damage etc. all i care for is survivability and sufficient morale and power regeneration....

To all awesome and experienced wardens out there....plz help me, suggest me in which traits i should equip and what gambits i should use during a tough fight.
    My goals are to solo filikul, Sambrog (on level) and other tough encounters..

just a side note that i understand that soloing filikul requires lvl 85 warden....

Quote Originally Posted by Zakiullah View Post
    hello, i have read numerous posts, threads and guides etc for anything that helps in how to play with a warden and how to set it up for tanking etc.

while i came close to getting what i wanted i never got the exact thing i wanted....or maybe i just misunderstood.

i want to build my warden in a way that makes it pretty much well, unbeatable.....i dont care for things like threat generation, damage etc. all i care for is survivability and sufficient morale and power regeneration....

To all awesome and experienced wardens out there....plz help me, suggest me in which traits i should equip and what gambits i should use during a tough fight.
    My goals are to solo filikul, Sambrog (on level) and other tough encounters..
    It's not the build that makes a warden unbeatable, it's the player. It's about appropriately managing your healing gambits, buffs and power. My waren only has 11k morale, but is pretty well indestructible if I'm paying attention. However, when I'm distracted by my wife or daughter, it's easier to die.

Wardens truly shine against multiple mobs. Our morale leaches suck their life and give it back to us. The more the merrier! Against solo tough mobs, you'll want to chip away using your healing gambits. Don't forget to stack them from short to long. Mix in some shield buffs or parry buff or evade buffs. You probably can't realistically expect to have all those buffs going at the same time and mix in heals, but throw a few in to ease the damage you take.

Each warden probably has slightly different play styles or rotations. Carefully read each of your gambit descriptions while in Det stance (they change with stance) and then experiment on medium difficulty mobs or groups of mobs. You'll figure out what you like. And learn how to use masteries. They make things faster and easier.

Remember, it's not the size of your morale bar that matters, but how you use it.

i know its up to player for the build but i have just been lvling my warden alt up, and find i cant figure out where i should put the skills on my skill bar or how best to trait her. can anyone put screen shot of the best way they find to set their skills on skill bar and best traits they have found for a warden that would help so much.

thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by angelastar View Post
    i know its up to player for the build but i have just been lvling my warden alt up, and find i cant figure out where i should put the skills on my skill bar or how best to trait her. can anyone put screen shot of the best way they find to set their skills on skill bar and best traits they have found for a warden that would help so much.

thanks,
    This pic is old, but it serves the purpose (sorry I'm too lazy to crop the pic and zoom in but I'm just waiting for the launcher to finish patching.)

I put my primary builders, spear, shield, fist on 1, 2, 3 and then I put the "activate" button on 4. My various jav skills go after them on the # bar 5-9 with Crit Strike at 0
    I put my primary masteries on Alt+1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in sequential order like the primaries, that is spear+shield [1, 2], shield+fist [2, 3], and fist+spear [3, 1] and then the other set in mirror order: spear+fist [1, 3], shield+spear [2,1], fist+shield [3,2].

I haven't bothered with the doubles like sp+sp on quickslots. I put battle memory on Alt+7 I think, but usually click it if I'm using it.

Traits are also very dependent upon your level since you're still acquiring them. Let us know what you've got, or wait until HD comes out and figure it out then. Up to you. In general, if I'm taking I want lots of +threat and +heal pulses, if soloing go some +heal pulses and then reds. I really don't recall what all the class traits do anymore. I don't think I've changed traits in about 10 levels.(The fact that I don't bother switching traits points to the reason they're changing traits with HD- they want people to have choices and flexibility and not to just lock in 1 set and leave it.)

very helpful...thanks