We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ettenmoors the new Stunland (Dunland)

Now I hated the Dunland area in the game for the amount of stuns etc you got. A point Turbine actually picked up on and changed. That lately seems to have transferred to the moors, where it now seems literally everything and anything can stun/silence/fear/disarm/slow, pull your pants down and spank your butt pretty much non stop.
    Would it be to much for this to be curbed on both side as I for one go to the moors to have a fight. Not spend 50-70% of my time not actually being able to do anything at all, which has become tedious to the point, along with other reasons, I've taken a break from the game

Are you talking about stuns/disarms (just general CC) from players or from NPCs?

The access to crowd control skills that almost all freeps have is indeed very tedious , especially the UN-curable kind. Hopefull Helmdeep expansion will reduce the amount of CC available to one faction - this little change would make pvmp a slightly more enjoyable activity.

Agree it's the worst part of game play. Creeps are reduced to one pot and one brand to counter this, and pre-potting does nothing to prevent interrupts to the long induction skills like defiler big heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    Agree it's the worst part of game play. Creeps are reduced to one pot and one brand to counter this, and pre-potting does nothing to prevent interrupts to the long induction skills like defiler big heal.
    When this game came out, there were no stun pots, no store items, no pre-pot barter items and no diminishing returns. I could literally keep a player perma-mezzed indefinitely. So what on earth are you talking about when you say "Creeps are reduced to one pot and one brand to counter this..."? Same question for the OP who seems to think there's something new about endless CC in the moors. Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    When this game came out, there were no stun pots, no store items, no pre-pot barter items and no diminishing returns. I could literally keep a player perma-mezzed indefinitely. So what on earth are you talking about when you say "Creeps are reduced to one pot and one brand to counter this..."? Same question for the OP who seems to think there's something new about endless CC in the moors. Are you serious?
    Agreed, diminishing returns could use some tweaking (i'd like to see the reset on DR extended to 1 minute, rather than the current 20s), but between audacity, pots, and rank brands (i'll leave the store and mord brands out of this) CC is in a perfectly decent spot. Yeah, getting grey-barred to death sucks, and spiders probably need a longer cooldown on shadows bite, but 90% of the time when you are grey-barred to death, its because you were facing an overwhelming force anyway.

Patiently awaiting a stickeez reply about how spider CC is weaker than LM's.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Agreed, diminishing returns could use some tweaking (i'd like to see the reset on DR extended to 1 minute, rather than the current 20s), but between audacity, pots, and rank brands (i'll leave the store and mord brands out of this) CC is in a perfectly decent spot. Yeah, getting grey-barred to death sucks, and spiders probably need a longer cooldown on shadows bite, but 90% of the time when you are grey-barred to death, its because you were facing an overwhelming force anyway.

Patiently awaiting a stickeez reply about how spider CC is weaker than LM's.

Did you seriously suggest that creep CC needs a nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
    Did you seriously suggest that creep CC needs a nerf?
    No, he is just suggesting nerf spiders CC.

Quote Originally Posted by TiNdA-LoS View Post
    No, he is just suggesting nerf spiders CC.
    Thanks for clearing that up 0o

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman70 View Post
    ....pull your pants down and spank your butt pretty much non stop.
    I want that skill. Good luck pulling the pants off a spider though.
    Purely~Scrumptious

lol, i knew that was going to get a rise from someone. Seriously though, its small potatoes compared to the larger issues facing the moors, but given all the other CC Weavers have access to, shadow's bite should be on a 30s cooldown. The amount of time a weaver can sustainably keep a target grey-barred easily trumps the other "CC" classes out there.

lol, i knew that was going to get a rise from someone. Seriously though, its small potatoes compared to the larger issues facing the moors, but given all the other CC Weavers have access to, shadow's bite should be on a 30s cooldown. The amount of time a weaver can sustainably keep a target grey-barred easily trumps the other "CC" classes out there.
    The two sides have never been mirrors of each other. Which means in all things unequal one skill will be or class will be best.

Such as stealth. No one can stealth like a Warg. Burgs might think so, but we see them
    Purely~Scrumptious

Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    I could literally keep a player perma-mezzed indefinitely.
    And before the flies nerf I could reduce a player's power to zero and watch them stand there not able to do anything, so what's your point?

My point is when a player's skills are taken away without adequate ways to counter it, that's not good game play. I agreed with the flies nerf because I don't like to win by the other guy not being able to play. The irony is freeps had a better ability to counter flies than creeps currently have to deal with the constant grey-bars and skill interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnymay View Post
    The two sides have never been mirrors of each other. Which means in all things unequal one skill will be or class will be best.

Such as stealth. No one can stealth like a Warg. Burgs might think so, but we see them
    and that unequal-ness is one thing I really enjoy about this game. My point is simply that weaver CC is the best in the game right now (which hasn't always been the case), and that it is a little too good. again, a minor issue in the grand scheme of problems in the moors, and predominated one faced by solo players which is even more of a minority, but shadows bite puts things over the top given current DR rates, and its current cooldown.

Luckily spider are not the FOTM god-mode classs. Could you imagine the moors if one side had a FOTM god-mode CC class?..... oh wait..

Luckily spider are not the FOTM god-mode classs. Could you imagine the moors if one side had a FOTM god-mode CC class?..... oh wait..
    The only class that can make a better claim to being fotm creepside is the reaver. Weaver's lose a lot of effectiveness the larger the group they are opposing, unlike reaver, but in small group/solo I'd argue those 2 classes are the closest creepside can come to sniffing at god-mode.

CC isn't even remotely what makes LMs so powerful in the moors, which is exactly the opposite for weavers.

The only class that can make a better claim to being fotm creepside is the reaver. Weaver's lose a lot of effectiveness the larger the group they are opposing, unlike reaver, but in small group/solo I'd argue those 2 classes are the closest creepside can come to sniffing at god-mode.

CC isn't even remotely what makes LMs so powerful in the moors, which is exactly the opposite for weavers.

Ok, you said creepside and godmode in the same sentence. Now I know you`re trolololing..

Ok, you said creepside and godmode in the same sentence. Now I know you`re trolololing..
    and now i know you aren't reading.

I read it and none of it had anything to do with constant stuns.... Im not sure why you bothered to mention reavers at all... Conclusion: Trolling.