We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Bilbo's Birthday Reward

The reward from the Bilbo's Birthday series is a "Scribe's Bookstand" that Bilbo "hopes you will put to use recording your own adventures". This was pretty standard, until I put it in my house and noticed that it's one of the few housing items with a "Use" icon when you mouse over it (the cursor with a hand below). Does anyone if this is a bug, or could it be a hint at a future feature?

Thanks in advance
    RohirricCaptain
    Last edited by RohirricCaptain; Sep 28 2013 at 12:56 PM.
    [CENTER]Join GlobalLFF, the only way to bring the server together!

Vote for [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?161639-SUGGESTION-Housing-Redesign"]Adder's Housing Revamp[/URL] and [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?385713-Kinship-Revamp-Proposal"]Galuhad's Kinship Revamp[/URL]! Vote for progress![/CENTER]

I've noticed this as well. We may never find out. Perhaps it has something to do with the completion of the statue in Michel Delving?

If anything (and going by how Turbine does things these days) it's "use" mouseover is a bug...oh sorry of course one means a feature. This due to it being a quick lazy re-hash of the T4 Scholar node/school at TM stands etc.

Well, Bilbo's Birthday has rolled round again, and as far as I know this item still has a bit o mystery to it.

Have we ever found out if the 'clicky' icon is a bug? I was unable to find any new info in my searches.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Well, Bilbo's Birthday has rolled round again, and as far as I know this item still has a bit o mystery to it.

Have we ever found out if the 'clicky' icon is a bug? I was unable to find any new info in my searches.
    Pretty sure it is (still) a bug. Many new furniture pieces have useless 'use' functions. All/most Rohan and Gondor also have them, so I wouldn't expect anything other than that.
    Baldigar, 105 Burglar on Landroval

When you click on the Scribe's Bookstand, Erebrandir's Horseshoe becomes 10 times more powerful for 30 minutes. And Old Bloodtusk returns to Archet for five minutes. So, use it wisely. It has a two-year cooldown.
    Mandelbaum, 105 Champ; PeabodySherman, 100 LM, House of Mooters, Landroval
    Rembandor, 85 Champ, Penquanta Periannath, Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by RohirricCaptain View Post
    The reward from the Bilbo's Birthday series is a "Scribe's Bookstand" that Bilbo "hopes you will put to use recording your own adventures". This was pretty standard, until I put it in my house and noticed that it's one of the few housing items with a "Use" icon when you mouse over it (the cursor with a hand below). Does anyone if this is a bug, or could it be a hint at a future feature?

Thanks in advance
    RohirricCaptain
    Most new furniture for the past few years has had use icons even though the item does nothing. They probably laid off the person who knows how to turn that feature on and off.