We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How to play on two computers with the same account?

I hope I can explain this correct

I'm hoping to get my wife to play with me.
    I would like to get her to play on different (her) computer but under same account so she can use the same house and benefits I have.
    Can I just log in on her computer under same username and password as I do on mine. I mean I would like that we could play together at the same time under same account on two different computers.

I can't find anything on this subject. How do I do this if anyone can hep?

Or what is preferred methot to play together as a coupple?

Quote Originally Posted by Veleje View Post
    Can I just log in on her computer under same username and password as I do on mine. I mean I would like that we could play together at the same time under same account on two different computers.
    No, this is not possible. Infact, it would be a violation of the ToS which states quite clearly that sharing an account with anybody is not permitted.

ToS aside, when you're logged into your account and somebody else logs into the account as well, you'll get kicked from the game (or vice versa), so it isn't possible from the technical side either.

I'd propose setting up a F2P account for your wife and upgrading it if she likes the game. As a home owner, you can use the "Permissions" tab of the Housing panel to grant your wife any priviledges concerning your house that you want her to have. The only thing you cannot share with her that way is the house port, but she could buy a house of her own to get a port of her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    No, this is not possible. Infact, it would be a violation of the ToS
    Anyelir, thank you very much for your answer!
    Will do as you said and I will start her with F2P and will go from there :-)

Anyelir, thank you very much for your answer!
    Will do as you said and I will start her with F2P and will go from there :-)
    You can share your house with her even when she has a separate account. You just need to go into the permissions panel for your house and add her character(s) name(s) to all the permissions. That way you can leave equipment, potions, etc. for her in the chest and she can pick it up at her leisure.

Since she's free to play, she won't be able to mail/receive (edit: can receive but not send) gold, but you can leave her stacks of vendor trash loot in the house chest to pick up and sell (or meet her in game and trade them).

Hope she has fun playing!
    Last edited by Nosdracir; Sep 29 2013 at 01:21 AM.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    [url]http://www.theoldergamers.com[/url]

She will be able to receive gold via mail, just not send it.

Quote Originally Posted by SjsharksBoy View Post
    She will be able to receive gold via mail, just not send it.
    Thanks for that important correction!
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    [url]http://www.theoldergamers.com[/url]

I'm hoping to get my wife to play with me.
    I would like to get her to play on different (her) computer but under same account so she can use the same house and benefits I have...
    The biggest(?) problem you'll have is if your Characters/Account has access to Regions that hers doesn't. Two solutions are 1) drop cash and buy the Turbine Points to get her account access, or 2) "borrow" her account (shhhh - that's technically a breach of the ToU) and you do some TP farming w/ a diff character on a diff server for her account. (A quick spin thru the quests/deeds of Ered Luin and the low-level Deeds of the Shire and Breeland can reap you 300+ TP in a handful of hours of quick play.)

GL!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Hound View Post
    The biggest(?) problem you'll have is if your Characters/Account has access to Regions that hers doesn't. Two solutions are 1) drop cash and buy the Turbine Points to get her account access, or 2) "borrow" her account (shhhh - that's technically a breach of the ToU) and you do some TP farming w/ a diff character on a diff server for her account. (A quick spin thru the quests/deeds of Ered Luin and the low-level Deeds of the Shire and Breeland can reap you 300+ TP in a handful of hours of quick play.)
    GL!
    Thank you everyone for help and tips.
    First I need to see if I can get her hooked up on this great game. She don't like thins kind of games.
    So I will start with F2P. If she will like it she will get premium and extra TP for easier playing :-)

Again thank you everyone for your input!