We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

game PC client download size? plz help

hi, i watched some pvp videos for lotro @ youtube and i really like the game
    but i want to know the pc game client download size coz im on a limited download internet service, i downloaded the pc downloader and its telling me that game size is 14.2 GB i wanna know is this the whole game size or its gonna make tons of GBs of patches afterwards ?

Welcome to LoTRO. I can't confirm for you how up to date the current downloadable client is, but maybe I can help in some way. My game is up to date and I use the Windows Hi-def client. I just checked the Turbine folder and it registers at 17GB.

Quote Originally Posted by abdo2013obad View Post
    hi, i watched some pvp videos for lotro @ youtube and i really like the game
    but i want to know the pc game client download size coz im on a limited download internet service, i downloaded the pc downloader and its telling me that game size is 14.2 GB i wanna know is this the whole game size or its gonna make tons of GBs of patches afterwards ?
    It's going to patch several more GB after the initial download and install. Then more again if there's another patch update in the near future, or eventually for the Helm's Deep release on Nov 18. I don't know how many more GB. The patches write into the existing files and don't always expand them, so that 14.2 GB of initial download and install, plus 5 GB of patch updates, can result in 15 GB final size.

If by some chance you know or can find someone nearby who plays LOTRO, you can copy their game folder instead of downloading and installing. (Same thing you do to copy the game if you buy a new computer.)
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Is big, very big! You will be dowloading for some couple of hours. But the game is worty every second.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

I got my initial installation file from a game magazine cover disk. Maybe this is the way to go for you. It could well be that there is another one out after the launch of the next expansion - Helms Deep - which will start on November 18th.

Keep in mind though, that the emphasis of this game is predominantly put on exploration and PvE. There is a Player versus Player element, too; but the balance is shifted so much towards the Free Peoples, that most minions of Sauron are more or less cannon fodder. Which means, the videos look great but the gameplay itself is - probably not what you were expecting.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Last edited by Polymachos; Sep 28 2013 at 12:56 AM.

thx a lot for replies
    i didnt expect all this response, i liked the community after this post and im an old fan lord of the rings strategy war game and the film and the whole LOTR story is about hehe.
    so i think im gonna download it whatever the file size is, and i hope to join u soon guyz c ya in game

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Is big, very big!
    Nah, modern MMOS have easily twice it's size, even WoW hs almost 10 GB more.
    But yes, 17 GBs are more than enough for most connections.

One thing to note is that you can stop the download, and resume it later on. So if you have to turn off your computer, you can safely do so..... the download will start right where it was left off the next day.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.