We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

playing warg is bull

i sure like getting two-shotted for no good reason! way to support your paying wargs turbine. thanks.

I've been 1-shot by someone on a few different occasions, at full audacity. I also kill that someone 8 times out of 10 when we fight with no one else involved. The class is feast or famine often times, you should probably get used to it or find another creep to try out.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Wargs can die?

Wargs have the short end of the PvP stick atm (well, all creeps do, but imo Wargs have it pretty bad right now :P). If you want to play the class, you better get used to dying....a lot. Otherwise you should find a different class. My advice is don't give up on the class. You don't know how the pendulum will shift when the next update comes around. Besides it's squishiness, Warg Stalker is a fun class to play. Not to mention that we Wargs look better than the rest of the Creeps with our lovely fur coats .
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

I enjoy watching wargs die after they had been the closest thing to easymode on creepside for two previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    I enjoy watching wargs die after they had been the closest thing to easymode on creepside for two previous expansions.
    Closest thing to ezmode, or just too many (flippers)?
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    I've been 1-shot by someone on a few different occasions, at full audacity. I also kill that someone 8 times out of 10 when we fight with no one else involved. The class is feast or famine often times, you should probably get used to it or find another creep to try out.
    ^This

I don't know about your server, but lately my home server of Crick has been doing the whole Grams/Lugz back door dance. The huge advantage of being a warg during these times is that you have a wider range of possible ways to score kills: camping the routes freeps take to get back to the action, jumping the fat kids, finishing off low-health freeps, even sneaking to the top of Lugazag to get a quick kill.

Yeah, you're as squishy as a wet paper bag. But with patience and audacity you've got the potential to be one of the biggest pains in the arses of freeps everywhere if you just give the class time.

Good luck out there!
    "The strength of the pack is the wolf; the strength of the wolf is the pack"
    -Motto, U.S 3rd Light Armored Recon Battalion
    Leftenant Arkantor: Oblivion Awaits

It's the Moors..... wargs die, it's part of the fun

Previous poster hit it head on though. Wargs are rarely used enough as a strategic tool.

and things like grams camps seem bad, until you realize you know almost exactly what paths most freeps will travel to get there

Think like a wolf....or some other predator

Do the juicy deer have a path they like to take to the water? Is there an injured or sick one?
    Do you need to wait until the pack can take down the bigger animal or until it isn't looking?

Be sneaky. Be despicable. Have fleas. You're a Warg.

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    It's the Moors..... wargs die, it's part of the fun

Previous poster hit it head on though. Wargs are rarely used enough as a strategic tool.

and things like grams camps seem bad, until you realize you know almost exactly what paths most freeps will travel to get there

Think like a wolf....or some other predator

Do the juicy deer have a path they like to take to the water? Is there an injured or sick one?
    Do you need to wait until the pack can take down the bigger animal or until it isn't looking?

Be sneaky. Be despicable. Have fleas. You're a Warg.
    ^^^
    This is one of the reasons I am buying a warg slot after HD
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    Wargs are rarely used enough as a strategic tool.
    For me, as a raid leader, wargs are little more than cheap, expendable scouts. They breed fast enough that no one warg is irreplaceable.

My efforts to exterminate the species in years past were only partially successful.

For me, as a raid leader, wargs are little more than cheap, expendable scouts. They breed fast enough that no one warg is irreplaceable.
    -_-

My efforts to exterminate the species in years past were only partially successful.
    You can't, they breed like rats.
    Last edited by jennirich; Oct 03 2013 at 11:02 AM.
    Bunnytail |Terminus Venatus Triumphus
    Mihiraa | Shock and Awe | Gladden
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by jennirich View Post
    -_-

You can't, they breed like rats.
    I'm not sure about rats, but if this video is to be believed it happens in mid-air.

responding to the first post, if you die so fast, your playing it wrong. wargs are supposed to catch a lone enemy off guard and kill them quickly unless you choose flayer. if you use it wrong, fix your strategy. dont tell the game to fix wargs

I'm not a stranger to getting jumped by several wargs and dying within 3 seconds, so this thread makes me smile.

livin la vida loca

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrongLance View Post
    I'm not a stranger to getting jumped by several wargs and dying within 3 seconds, so this thread makes me smile.
    Well might be time to check your Moors gear. If you aren´t using audacity or miss the whole gear any creep group can kill you in secs.

What the title of this thread suggests is that wargs get 2 shotted. Bet none of the freep classes has this same issue. In some twisted sense, playing warg is all about sneaking and don´t be afraid to escape a fight as soon as you feel being nuked by some hunter. Keep attacking and there is a weak point, which a warg can exploit.

Too many people play the warg like a champion. Wargs are best played by using brain and patience.
    If you are goin to join raids with your warg tho, expect to be cannon fodder as wargs are too squishy for RvR fights IMO.
    [center][IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t393/grapsn/1013265_608478239173945_469554244_n_zpsc9ae7993.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

Hear me bark!

Next on the list, Spider is BS!!!

^ that statement is bs. spiders are like heal mode wardens, they don't die if played right. wargs are like... popcorn at theatres. you get it dry and that's fine and dandy, you can do a lot with it. but if you add butter (stealth trait) you get to flow through all the freeps virtually undected and choose your targets along the way. If you add salt (flayer) you can score the freeps (popcorn) with all sorts of useful debuffs and bleeds in order to either tag them or take freep aggro so your healers have some respite. don't be a r0 chasing your tail in flayer. you don't have mits or aud, that bubble will be as helpful as an actual bubble when its time for your Epic Conclusion. Play the warg as a stealth class not as a reaver. you don't see ninjas at the front lines in any war movie or any war irl. don't do it. it's dumb and dumb and... well it's just bloody dumb.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040100000f1436/signature.png]Clutchofdarkness[/charsig]

Time is nothing but life's sunset, enjoy it while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffetRaider View Post
    ^ that statement is bs. spiders are like heal mode wardens, they don't die if played right. wargs are like... popcorn at theatres. you get it dry and that's fine and dandy, you can do a lot with it. but if you add butter (stealth trait) you get to flow through all the freeps virtually undected and choose your targets along the way. If you add salt (flayer) you can score the freeps (popcorn) with all sorts of useful debuffs and bleeds in order to either tag them or take freep aggro so your healers have some respite. don't be a r0 chasing your tail in flayer. you don't have mits or aud, that bubble will be as helpful as an actual bubble when its time for your Epic Conclusion. Play the warg as a stealth class not as a reaver. you don't see ninjas at the front lines in any war movie or any war irl. don't do it. it's dumb and dumb and... well it's just bloody dumb.
    Wargs are like popcorn? If you add butter you can flow through all the freeps?

What a horrible metaphor.

Playing warg is not bull...its "Bully" just ask old Teddy Roosevelt he'll tell you.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post

It was one of the worst, most nonsensical, analogies I've ever heard.... or read.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post

I don't see any suggestions and I've seen plenty of wargs go through entire raids undetected until they pop on their target.
    Also you should know now that nothing I say makes sense at 2 a.m. that's why I'm typing this at 1:54
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040100000f1436/signature.png]Clutchofdarkness[/charsig]

Time is nothing but life's sunset, enjoy it while it lasts.

If you die on warg at the moment - you probably suck at it.
    Warg can kill any light class atm, while they pounced (like 2-4 seconds), not sure about heavies.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    If you die on warg at the moment - you probably suck at it.
    Warg can kill any light class atm, while they pounced (like 2-4 seconds), not sure about heavies.
    I don't think that this one month of bugged/broken PvP should have any real bearing on a person's view of class balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuddlepaws View Post
    I don't think that this one month of bugged/broken PvP should have any real bearing on a person's view of class balance.
    Then why TS QQing ? Wait for stable version then lets discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by polsvc View Post
    playing warg is bull
    Actually no it isn't .. a warg is a canine, not a bovine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast