We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1

    playing warg is bull

    i sure like getting two-shotted for no good reason! way to support your paying wargs turbine. thanks.

  2. #2
    I've been 1-shot by someone on a few different occasions, at full audacity. I also kill that someone 8 times out of 10 when we fight with no one else involved. The class is feast or famine often times, you should probably get used to it or find another creep to try out.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

  3. #3
    Wargs can die?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    1,708
    Wargs have the short end of the PvP stick atm (well, all creeps do, but imo Wargs have it pretty bad right now :P). If you want to play the class, you better get used to dying....a lot. Otherwise you should find a different class. My advice is don't give up on the class. You don't know how the pendulum will shift when the next update comes around. Besides it's squishiness, Warg Stalker is a fun class to play. Not to mention that we Wargs look better than the rest of the Creeps with our lovely fur coats .
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    I enjoy watching wargs die after they had been the closest thing to easymode on creepside for two previous expansions.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    I enjoy watching wargs die after they had been the closest thing to easymode on creepside for two previous expansions.
    Closest thing to ezmode, or just too many (flippers)?
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    in a galaxy far, far away....
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    I've been 1-shot by someone on a few different occasions, at full audacity. I also kill that someone 8 times out of 10 when we fight with no one else involved. The class is feast or famine often times, you should probably get used to it or find another creep to try out.
    ^This

    I don't know about your server, but lately my home server of Crick has been doing the whole Grams/Lugz back door dance. The huge advantage of being a warg during these times is that you have a wider range of possible ways to score kills: camping the routes freeps take to get back to the action, jumping the fat kids, finishing off low-health freeps, even sneaking to the top of Lugazag to get a quick kill.

    Yeah, you're as squishy as a wet paper bag. But with patience and audacity you've got the potential to be one of the biggest pains in the arses of freeps everywhere if you just give the class time.

    Good luck out there!
    "The strength of the pack is the wolf; the strength of the wolf is the pack"
    -Motto, U.S 3rd Light Armored Recon Battalion
    Leftenant Arkantor: Oblivion Awaits

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,277
    It's the Moors..... wargs die, it's part of the fun


    Previous poster hit it head on though. Wargs are rarely used enough as a strategic tool.

    and things like grams camps seem bad, until you realize you know almost exactly what paths most freeps will travel to get there

    Think like a wolf....or some other predator

    Do the juicy deer have a path they like to take to the water? Is there an injured or sick one?
    Do you need to wait until the pack can take down the bigger animal or until it isn't looking?

    Be sneaky. Be despicable. Have fleas. You're a Warg.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    It's the Moors..... wargs die, it's part of the fun


    Previous poster hit it head on though. Wargs are rarely used enough as a strategic tool.

    and things like grams camps seem bad, until you realize you know almost exactly what paths most freeps will travel to get there

    Think like a wolf....or some other predator

    Do the juicy deer have a path they like to take to the water? Is there an injured or sick one?
    Do you need to wait until the pack can take down the bigger animal or until it isn't looking?

    Be sneaky. Be despicable. Have fleas. You're a Warg.
    ^^^
    This is one of the reasons I am buying a warg slot after HD
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    Wargs are rarely used enough as a strategic tool.
    For me, as a raid leader, wargs are little more than cheap, expendable scouts. They breed fast enough that no one warg is irreplaceable.

    My efforts to exterminate the species in years past were only partially successful.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    GV Steps
    Posts
    1,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    For me, as a raid leader, wargs are little more than cheap, expendable scouts. They breed fast enough that no one warg is irreplaceable.
    -_-


    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    My efforts to exterminate the species in years past were only partially successful.
    You can't, they breed like rats.
    Last edited by jennirich; Oct 03 2013 at 11:02 AM.
    Bunnytail |Terminus Venatus Triumphus
    Mihiraa | Shock and Awe | Gladden
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by jennirich View Post
    -_-

    You can't, they breed like rats.
    I'm not sure about rats, but if this video is to be believed it happens in mid-air.

  13. #13
    responding to the first post, if you die so fast, your playing it wrong. wargs are supposed to catch a lone enemy off guard and kill them quickly unless you choose flayer. if you use it wrong, fix your strategy. dont tell the game to fix wargs

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    27
    I'm not a stranger to getting jumped by several wargs and dying within 3 seconds, so this thread makes me smile.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    60

    livin la vida loca

    Quote Originally Posted by TheStrongLance View Post
    I'm not a stranger to getting jumped by several wargs and dying within 3 seconds, so this thread makes me smile.
    Well might be time to check your Moors gear. If you aren´t using audacity or miss the whole gear any creep group can kill you in secs.

    What the title of this thread suggests is that wargs get 2 shotted. Bet none of the freep classes has this same issue. In some twisted sense, playing warg is all about sneaking and don´t be afraid to escape a fight as soon as you feel being nuked by some hunter. Keep attacking and there is a weak point, which a warg can exploit.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mazauk's den
    Posts
    526
    Too many people play the warg like a champion. Wargs are best played by using brain and patience.
    If you are goin to join raids with your warg tho, expect to be cannon fodder as wargs are too squishy for RvR fights IMO.
    [center][IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t393/grapsn/1013265_608478239173945_469554244_n_zpsc9ae7993.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

    Hear me bark!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    58

    Next on the list, Spider is BS!!!

    ^ that statement is bs. spiders are like heal mode wardens, they don't die if played right. wargs are like... popcorn at theatres. you get it dry and that's fine and dandy, you can do a lot with it. but if you add butter (stealth trait) you get to flow through all the freeps virtually undected and choose your targets along the way. If you add salt (flayer) you can score the freeps (popcorn) with all sorts of useful debuffs and bleeds in order to either tag them or take freep aggro so your healers have some respite. don't be a r0 chasing your tail in flayer. you don't have mits or aud, that bubble will be as helpful as an actual bubble when its time for your Epic Conclusion. Play the warg as a stealth class not as a reaver. you don't see ninjas at the front lines in any war movie or any war irl. don't do it. it's dumb and dumb and... well it's just bloody dumb.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040100000f1436/signature.png]Clutchofdarkness[/charsig]

    Time is nothing but life's sunset, enjoy it while it lasts.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffetRaider View Post
    ^ that statement is bs. spiders are like heal mode wardens, they don't die if played right. wargs are like... popcorn at theatres. you get it dry and that's fine and dandy, you can do a lot with it. but if you add butter (stealth trait) you get to flow through all the freeps virtually undected and choose your targets along the way. If you add salt (flayer) you can score the freeps (popcorn) with all sorts of useful debuffs and bleeds in order to either tag them or take freep aggro so your healers have some respite. don't be a r0 chasing your tail in flayer. you don't have mits or aud, that bubble will be as helpful as an actual bubble when its time for your Epic Conclusion. Play the warg as a stealth class not as a reaver. you don't see ninjas at the front lines in any war movie or any war irl. don't do it. it's dumb and dumb and... well it's just bloody dumb.
    Wargs are like popcorn? If you add butter you can flow through all the freeps?

    What a horrible metaphor.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    1,732
    Playing warg is not bull...its "Bully" just ask old Teddy Roosevelt he'll tell you.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
    Wargs are like popcorn? If you add butter you can flow through all the freeps?

    What a horrible metaphor.
    It was one of the worst, most nonsensical, analogies I've ever heard.... or read.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
    Wargs are like popcorn? If you add butter you can flow through all the freeps?

    What a horrible metaphor.
    I don't see any suggestions and I've seen plenty of wargs go through entire raids undetected until they pop on their target.
    Also you should know now that nothing I say makes sense at 2 a.m. that's why I'm typing this at 1:54
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040100000f1436/signature.png]Clutchofdarkness[/charsig]

    Time is nothing but life's sunset, enjoy it while it lasts.

  22. #22
    If you die on warg at the moment - you probably suck at it.
    Warg can kill any light class atm, while they pounced (like 2-4 seconds), not sure about heavies.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    If you die on warg at the moment - you probably suck at it.
    Warg can kill any light class atm, while they pounced (like 2-4 seconds), not sure about heavies.
    I don't think that this one month of bugged/broken PvP should have any real bearing on a person's view of class balance.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuddlepaws View Post
    I don't think that this one month of bugged/broken PvP should have any real bearing on a person's view of class balance.
    Then why TS QQing ? Wait for stable version then lets discuss it.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by polsvc View Post
    playing warg is bull
    Actually no it isn't .. a warg is a canine, not a bovine.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload