We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Kate's Call To Arms

Everyday its a grams camp. Everyday its the Grams/bd Lugz shuffle. Tonight a whole Fraid of freeps camped the Creeps at grams who had the outnumbered buff.

Creeps:
    We need to start grouping what little numbers we have and move the fight somewhere else. When lugz is blue, we take it back, if we have the numbers. (Yes, I realize how inconvenient the auto flip is.) If they want to camp we will flip all the OP's red and they can do it without the buff. Yes, I know they will flip them back ..... but so can we. I'm here on creepside to help because of the current imbalance. Let me help you kill them, let me help you stop this obsessive camping. We need to work together as a group, coordinated and as a force to stop this mentality that camping is somehow fun. Its not fun. I know you are all discouraged with minis standing there spam healing themselves while you can't out dps their heals. I know you are all tired of being ec'd for 5-10k. I know you are sick of feeling underpowered with 4 shield traited wardens camping you at grams. If we don't start working together to stop the camping, nothing will ever change.

Invite your freep friends to come play creepside. Invite your kinmates. If you won't be around to help them when they can play, have them send me a tell when I'm on and I'll be glad to help them. Lets stop complaining a do something!

Freeps:

Two things here:
    1. Shame on you. ESPECIALLY YOU HIGHER RANKED FOLKS. You know better. It makes me so angry to watch you sit there and make it a camp every day. Just like tonight. You know the creeps have the ON buff, do you really need a fraid to camp grams? I can't even begin to express my disappointment in you. None of you can really be happy with the way the moors is. Yet the moors is what we make it right? Do you really want to camp grams everyday, all day?

2. Initiate a change. Don't know how? Kate will tell you .... Disband the fraid if its a camp or move the fight. Go take the relics, go flip a keep, go do grothum quests, go kill the delving bosses. Don't purposely make it a camp. Decide you aren't going to go to grams if lugz is blue or even better yet ... come play your creep. I'll help you. I'll be more than glad to help you. There a lots of creeps that will help you get maps and quest items if you need them. I know, I know, every freep I try to talk to says the same thing ... nothing will change. Well maybe it won't the first day you try. Maybe it won't the second day. Maybe it won't even be different on the eighth day but I will guarantee you this ... nothing will change at all if you don't try.
    "You can't have your Kate and Eat her too!"

Katelia Rk 11 Lm, Peppermintt Rk 12 Warg, Katetastrophe Rk 12 WL, Kateaclysm Rk 12 defiler

Kate's Call To Arms

There is a nice saying: 'you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink'

For months it looks like people just want to be camped. As long as people give them points camps will continue.

There are 2 options:

1. Fight back (which i prefer, but hard since the absurd # of freeps)
    2. Stop feeding them, see numbers decrease and wipe them.
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

A Simple Numbers Game

LOTRO PvP has always been a straightforward numbers game for me, and its amazing that such thinking escapes the majority of players today. There are two simple yet concurrent objectives I have while playing in the moors: 1) Earning Points, 2) Denying my enemy points. They're purposely listed in this order because the first usually trumps the second, yet the second mitigates my commitment to the first. Strategically speaking, give your enemies hope and they'll continue to fight. Rob them of all hope and don't be surprised when they don't come back to fight.

To put it another way, I'd rather earn 2000 infamy in an hour and give freeps 500 renown in return, then absolutely destroy freeps in one fight, earn 1000 points, give them zero, and have them rage log for the next two hours.

So as Kate has done, I have to question the logic of these lopsided freep raids camping grams all day, as it seems much more advantageous to disband the raid, find the smaller fights around the map, and attempt to win those fights in a manner that urges the creeps to return and engage again, as opposed to farming them for 20 minutes and killing the action for the better part of a day. Sure you may die a little more, but your return, if executed properly, will be substantially higher than anything you currently earn.

Of course this formula is a careful balance, making sure to weigh the points given to the points received, as I know for a fact none of us want to be seen as pushovers or wussies or anything of that sort. But if the opposite or avoidance of that of that is a complete domination play style, well then the moors is truly dead.

--Rigs
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c010000146159/signature.png]Rigs[/charsig]
    "One hand holds iron, the other wields steel. If the right one don't get you then the left one will."

If I had an option to group with a handful of creeps who have the slightest idea how to play I'd be on creep more.

If certain creeps played their freeps out in the Moors I would LOVE to be on creep side. These R10+ creeps have a hard time mastering a simple class. I'd love front row seats watching them play their freep.

Creeps spend too much time blaming their failures on freeps "exploiting," gear-swapping, cheating, being overpowered, etc. If they complained less n actually learned how to play it wouldn't be so bad.

~Askir

Kate's Call To Arms

Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    If I had an option to group with a handful of creeps who have the slightest idea how to play I'd be on creep more.
    Most of the experienced creeps are fed up with the daily camping. If we manage to get a group/ raid togheter freeps log the moment they wipe (yes happens on both sides. But we know whose fault that is)

If certain creeps played their freeps out in the Moors I would LOVE to be on creep side. These R10+ creeps have a hard time mastering a simple class. I'd love front row seats watching them play their freep.
    Rank 10 means nothing nowadays. its the new r6 imo. Yes lots of the RoR10 like i call them are terribad. Why? because they ranked up too fast and havent been in a single rvr. Zerging all the way!

Creeps spend too much time blaming their failures on freeps "exploiting," gear-swapping, cheating, being overpowered, etc. If they complained less n actually learned how to play it wouldn't be so bad.
    It's the easiest thing to do. we'll see 'creeps are op QQ' again in HD.

Yes i know how to play defiler (main reason why everybody targets me all the time), but lotro isnt a solo game. The group is only as good as the weakest link.

Edit: my spelling is bad. but dont worry it will be 'fixed' in next update
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post
    There is a nice saying: 'you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink'

For months it looks like people just want to be camped. As long as people give them points camps will continue.

There are 2 options:

1. Fight back (which i prefer, but hard since the absurd # of freeps)
    2. Stop feeding them, see numbers decrease and wipe them.
    It is so very true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. At this point I just want the wolves to let the horses out of the rez circle so they can attempt to try to get to water. What I think we sort of need, and I'm gonna continue with horses here, is a few donkeys. Don't laugh! I'm serious. I grew up with horses and we always had donkeys in the pastures with them. They get pretty aggressive with predators like wolves, coyotes, and cougars. They protect livestock from these predators. So I think we need a few folks on both sides, aka donkeys, that would help break up this camping. My original post was my suggestions on what the "donkeys" could do. I totally agree with you Cryo, it does seem like some folks want to be camped AND that some folks just want to camp.

Quote Originally Posted by the_matrix View Post
    So as Kate has done, I have to question the logic of these lopsided freep raids camping grams all day, as it seems much more advantageous to disband the raid, find the smaller fights around the map, and attempt to win those fights in a manner that urges the creeps to return and engage again, as opposed to farming them for 20 minutes and killing the action for the better part of a day. Sure you may die a little more, but your return, if executed properly, will be substantially higher than anything you currently earn.
    --Rigs
    That sounds so much better than the way I put it lol.

If they complained less n actually learned how to play it wouldn't be so bad.
    ~Askir
    How dare you! Really HOW DARE YOU, say they need to l2p. There are kids that play this game, working parents, college students, retired folks. I can promise you that LEARNING to PLAY their class PERFECTLY is not on the top of their priorty list. It most certainly isn't mine. NOT ONE TIME in 4 years have I heard anyone say "psh I'm not grouping with this or that person because they need to L2P." If this is how folks on Vilya think, then we are in big trouble when it comes to the moors.
    "You can't have your Kate and Eat her too!"

Katelia Rk 11 Lm, Peppermintt Rk 12 Warg, Katetastrophe Rk 12 WL, Kateaclysm Rk 12 defiler