We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

T2 and T2CM Flight Lag

Any chance this is being addressed, or has it kind of fallen off of the radar? It's super frustrating to have a great raid going, and wipe to the last or next-to-last group because of something out of our control: the screen freezing for 5 seconds, back-to-back. This is the 4th time tonight that we've wiped to lag, and it's just really frustrating. Everything is super smooth, then lag, and wipe.

If this is handle like draigoch is handle... Hem... You see the point ?

We are near HD release and I don't think they will ever adress this.

Heh. I hear ya there. I'm just annoyed that it took 5 runs for something we usually face-roll.

Back in August I had asked Sapience in twitter lunch time 'ask anything' thread about it.
    This was the response:

Jilly ?@Jillymala (name edited) 12 Aug
    @rickheaton nice thanks any plans to address the crazy lag in flight t2?

Rick Heaton ?@rickheaton 12 Aug
    @Jillymala (name edited) Three has been a lot of monitoring code put into the game to try and sort that out. They're reviewing it.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Back in August I had asked Sapience in twitter lunch time 'ask anything' thread about it.
    This was the response:

Jilly ?@Jillymala (name edited) 12 Aug
    @rickheaton nice thanks any plans to address the crazy lag in flight t2?

Rick Heaton ?@rickheaton 12 Aug
    @Jillymala (name edited) Three has been a lot of monitoring code put into the game to try and sort that out. They're reviewing it.
    Ah! Thanks for asking for clarification. Maybe it'll be sorted after all, or at least help them get in front of some of the HD issues before they crop up.

Since those kind of lags in the instance Flight and certain other instances clearly started to happen with the Update 11.2, I would assume that the cause would be investigated in those changes and less with general monitoring of what is happening.
    I'm wondering a bit why this seems to be so difficult although there is a clear event associated with the start of that occurrence. This seems to me very much different than all other kind of lag that was and is reported from the game. The instance Flight did run normal pre-Update 11.2 and got screwed up in that Update. Other kind of lags in the game are an ongoing thing since long ago and much more diffuse.

Anyway, I realize that the problem may also be more intertwined with other things and I don't know about the technical stuff, so I don't expect me to say how things are. I just hope that this gets resolved soon and that the most logical and most promising approach is taken by the responsible staff to hopefully sort this out.

I actually hoped it would have been resolved before HD, as we don't know how the class changes and the level cap increase effect the possibility to complete this instance and the associated deeds. But I'm pretty sure it's too late for this, so that hope passed already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirthan View Post
    This seems to me very much different than all other kind of lag that was and is reported from the game. [...] Other kind of lags in the game are an ongoing thing since long ago and much more diffuse.
    That is no 100% true, as the lags in the Tower of Orthanc have also been introduced with a specific game update (don't remember which one it was exactly), since then lag is a permanent part of the raiding experience, where it has always been lag free before.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodomir View Post
    That is no 100% true, as the lags in the Tower of Orthanc have also been introduced with a specific game update (don't remember which one it was exactly), since then lag is a permanent part of the raiding experience, where it has always been lag free before.
    I think it came when they added the aoe squares... I remember that being a huge issue in ToO Shadow after RoR came out

Quote Originally Posted by dselden View Post
    I think it came when they added the aoe squares... I remember that being a huge issue in ToO Shadow after RoR came out
    Nope, it came way before that, though those AoE squares definitely made things worse.

Whenever it came, it's there now - and associated with AOE poo squares whoever drops them and wherever they drop (Flight and BFE T2 mostly, but ToO shadow and saru as well...)

The lag is really killing the fight for us too.

Best lags were at the ToO acid wing ;-) while jumping!

Flight T2CM feels almost same