We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Expert Cook gets the old "Catch 22" treatment

Yeoman maxed out in Expert cooking and farming. Did farming artisan quest and opened up artisan and master. But when I try to do the same for cooking I run into a brick wall.

Got the artisan quest after joining the cooking guild. But the quest tells me to make hard tack rations. Didn't have the recipe so I researched who sold it and found it. Only I can't buy it because I don't have the rep.

So I get rep by making artisan+ , but I can't get artisan until......

The Cooks guild and the transition from expert to artisan in cooking are 2 different things.

Did you go to Michel Delving and do the crafting quest that allows you to go from expert cook proficiency into mastery and Artisan ?

I have the quest, Crafting: Artisan Cook

As I said before I cannot do the quest as I do not have the recipe for Hard Tack Rations to complete the quest. To purchase it I need to have a high rep with the cooking guild.

No, you need to get the recipe off of the expert cook by the oven or from the AH.

My bad -- I just saw the recipe already trained in my expert folder -- thanks for you help in pointing that out!