We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thank you for reminding Turbine what a real Developer Diary is supposed to look like. It seems they have forgotten.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    Brilliant stuff
    Liebe meine Apschminki indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    Thank you for reminding Turbine what a real Developer Diary is supposed to look like. It seems they have forgotten.
    I think these current dev diaries are just teasers for changes that are to come and full details will be put out nearer release date.....maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbins View Post
    I think these current dev diaries are just teasers for changes that are to come and full details will be put out nearer release date.....maybe?
    While for some of the classes this is true, but not for this minstrel dev diary. I've been waiting for this for a while and i can say i am extremely disappointed. They pretty much teased at nothing besides mentioning debuffs in the yellow line. Most of the skill high lights are skills we already have and shed light on absolutely nothing new.
    Rank 14 Minstrel, Rank 10 Rune-keeper, Rank 7 Champion
    Rank 11 Weaver, Rank 11 Blackarrow, Rank 10 Reaver, Rank 10 Stalker, Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warleader

Quote Originally Posted by bastiat1 View Post
    Orion's ROI Minstrel
    ./slow_clap
    ./single_tear

I've been a minstrel since Beta '07 and I was never more in love with the class as I have been since RoI.

Very concerned about what little info we've gotten making it look like they're just taking fun bits away (AoE nuking, Anthem Juggling) and not much word on adding anything except 6 new flavors of healspam.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

I wouldn't hold my breath for it. The info we get has usually been dev diaries... and these diaries are... well... ... ... There is at least one thing positive about them, they're written in english.

It would seem that the mini diary and every other diary have most people go "HUH?"

Could we please get Orion back? It seems to me that the community have much respect for him as a dev after the mini/champ revamps he did
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I really hope Orion got a promotion when he left us, 'cause he really deserved it.

Oh, and to remain on topic... well, nothing to see here, move along
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

dissapointed for the lack of information. 50 days before Z day and all this is subject to change. When you will test all this? These dev diares are such an shame, becaming so... Simple and casual, like all changes in lotro. No i dont like what i readed. Light armour with no aoe ? Call to greatness is legendary skill? If you ruined this class you will be sorry. Please dont. And we need more informations.
    Andracy - Mns; Andrady - RK; Andrac - Hnt; Andracya - Brg; Gabytza - LM; Anduta - Warden
    Officer of Rangers of Eriador / Snowbourne

Quote Originally Posted by bastiat1 View Post
    That new Call to Greatness skill sounds incredible. I wish we had something like that on live now.
    “Call to Greatness”, buffs each member of your fellowship based on what class they are. For example, the Captain will gain a Defeat Response and enter a Battle-readied state every few seconds. Hunters will receive a constant drip of extra focus to use."
    ? It sounds just like the one on my tool bar now-how does this buff match with the other class changes?

Remember Orion's developer diary-my PDF of it is 13 pages. Thread that he responded in, is here .....

https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/show...Diary-Feedback

This is the level of detail I'd really appreciate.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Very disappointed with the level of detail in this DD, with the possible loss of AoE and the possible changes to the way ballads work. In general, the fact that the DD gives no information, just hints at a few things, and that the dev feels no need to interact with the community. Shame.
    [COLOR="#FFD700"][B][I][U]There's nothing to see here, please move along.[/U][/I][/B][/COLOR]

Have to say, this one really sounds like changes for changes sake and could destroy a great class.
    What was wrong with our existing stances? Why do we need to be single-target DPS now? Why does everyone have to be a crit-monster now? (not that minstels already benefited quite nicely from crit rating also for healing)

I really hope this very sketchy description draws a wrong picture, otherwise I see many unhappy minstrels coming up, and we do have a lot in our kin...certainly not because the class currently sucks and needs an overhaul.

I'm looking forwawrd to my Burglar in HD, Captain doesn't sound too bad either, but my third most played character, a minstrel, is terrified right now...
    PyLotRO with Python 3.x support and bugfixes: [url]https://github.com/Lynx3d/pylotro[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Fralin View Post
    It would seem that the mini diary and every other diary have most people go "HUH?"
    My main is a warden and this does make me worry a bit with what's to come for that class.

RIP Orion Minstrel.... *sheds a tear*

I love the Orion Mini. Orion knew what he was doing and did the minstrel a favor with his changes.

Looks like I will have to find a way to keep being a beastly DPS mini on Gladden.

I will be a bit bothered if I lose my AoE's because I love them and there is a lot of damage in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Namesse View Post
    Why the change to stance names? What was wrong with War Speech and Harmony? It's confusing to rename Harmony to Melody when Melody was previously in use as Null stance. So is the new Resonance a true stance rather than the absence of one? Will Dissonance/War Speech still have useable dps skills even if we aren't traited red?
    I think this was a long time in coming, although I guess you'd have to be a PvMP minstrel to know about them. The PvMP gear has been called Melody, Resonance and Dissonance for a very long time, and I guess the devs are finally uniting them.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

These new '''''dev diaries'''' are looking more like marketing brochures telling us how great each class is, rather than giving any insight in the what, how or why. These diaries should be on the class selection screen or some other place for new players deciding which class to play. Light on actual info, heavy on optimism, a school example of to much Marketing Speech (tm) and not enough Tech Talk (tm)

-Oder
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000001a2e23/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks for the update Mr. Eggs! I like the format of the new diaries. They actually look like diaries now in this lotro blog looking format. Cool. Deviled eggs are actually one of my fav foods, especially during the holidays. As a dps raiding minstrel only.. I'm delighted with powerful single target dps.. it's been on my Christmas wish for a long time.. thanks santa! cookies and milk for you this year but no more kissing mama under the mistletoe! Seriously speaking .. the diary does not say no more aoe dps.. as someone else mentioned orome IS aoe. Let's not all go into panic mode based on fearful assumptions which are probably incorrect.

Question

Well, it seems that every couple of years, the Minstrell gets a complete rework. So far, it's been pretty much for the best so I am happy to wait for some more detail.

Two points, though:
    1. No mention of Tales. What's is happening to this part of our arsenal of buffs?
    2. At present, there is a second approach to healing which avoids most of the Watcher of Resolve line and concentrates on Anthem Duration augmentation. This can increase persistent AoE healing at the cost of spike single target heal efficiency and works well in many situations. Will there be some similar flexibility in the new system? Or do we all have to clone the super-healer build in the tree to keep our FS/Raid going through the tougher instances?

I'm personally interested in how competitive Dissonance will be in terms of dps. These thin lines of texts, tells me nothing. Will we be able to compete with Hunters and RK, as ranged damage dealers in groups? Sure hope so, because playing the heal bot gets dull at times. We have been the worse ST dps class in the game, for way to long now.

If Dissonance is yet another solo spec without sustainable dps (and apparently no badass AoE either?) I will be very disappointed. I do read that haste (what ever it is) reduces the cd for calls and cries. The massive cool-down on dps-skills have always prevented us from playing that role in groups. So this might works out nicely.

The healing line and traits seems very similar to what we already got. Just simplified. They removed the anthem mechanics, sadly, because I liked it. But you will still build up ballads for Coda. With high crit you can probably dish out a massive amount of heals with next to no induction. Sounds okay for tank healing. We did lack a bit in that department, compared to our flexible nemesis, the Rune-keeper. Would like to have more info on AoE heals, still.

Support line seem a bit lazy in terms of development, if I only go by this tiny bit of information. How is “Call to Greatness” a new thing and different to what it does now? Based on this information, its exactly the same freaking skill, unless the cool-down has been removed. "Guarding Song of the Hammerhand", sounds like Blade Brother with a bubble, no complains there if I can use it frequently. We also get some debuffs, but I rather play my Loremaster or get a Burglar for that.

I'm also pretty curious about our future inductions. Minstrels strength have always been mobility and kiting while firing loads of instant skills. Really hope we get to keep some of it.

I don't want to have to stack crit chance! Critical heals most of the time just overheal and are wasted. I'm not a RK. Stop catering all classes into the same mold!
    I want my Orion Minstrel. Raid mode (Melody huge single target healing), Fellowship mode (harmony AOE heal and DPS, and buffing), and Solo mode (Warspeech).
    I want my multiple HoT that let me passively heal my pals even when in DPS mode when in a DPS-race. Chord of Salvation fellowship AOE. Coda of Resonnance. Gift of the Hammerhand heal. Cry of the Valar...
    Why the hell I need to become support? Who is going to want a support minstrel when they can have a Loremaster, Captain or Burglar?

Minstrel is my main. If this "deviled" minstrel turns out to be worse than the beautifully crafted Orion Minstrel, I'm over with this game. And no, you cannot have my stuff, because it's all freaking Bind-On-Acquire!

Last edited by FromgalTheMinstrel; Sep 27 2013 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FromgalTheMinstrel View Post
    And no, you cannot have my stuff, because it's all freaking Bind-On-Acquire!

oh darn! lol

Quote Originally Posted by FromgalTheMinstrel View Post
    I don't want to have to stack crit chance! Critical heals most of the time just overheal and are wasted. I'm not a RK. Stop catering all classes into the same mold!
    I want my Orion Minstrel. Raid mode (Melody huge single target healing), Fellowship mode (harmony AOE heal and DPS, and buffing), and Solo mode (Warspeech).
    I want my multiple HoT that let me passively heal my pals even when in DPS mode when in a DPS-race. Chord of Salvation fellowship AOE. Coda of Resonnance. Gift of the Hammerhand heal. Cry of the Valar...
    Why the hell I need to become support? Who is going to want a support minstrel when they can have a Loremaster, Captain or Burglar?

Minstrel is my main. If this "deviled" minstrel turns out to be worse than the beautifully crafted Orion Minstrel, I'm over with this game. And no, you cannot have my stuff, because it's all freaking Bind-On-Acquire!

Wow, welcome to the joys of fixing something that wasn't broken. Are we going to get a dev diary that doesn't engender this type of feedback in every single one?

Add my voice to the chorus of disappointed minstrels who were hoping for some actual details about our skills!

From the minimal information presented, it seems that Warrior-Skald will function something akin to the way I use it now, but it's not clear that Echoes of Battle will remain in this tree. Removing access to Echoes from the Warrior-Skald would be a disaster.

Minstrels are not RKs. Those who love minstrels do not want them to function as all-or-nothing glass cannons. Do not try to push us there!

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippa View Post
    Wow, welcome to the joys of fixing something that wasn't broken. Are we going to get a dev diary that doesn't engender this type of feedback in every single one?
    I guess what I was expecting with the class change was to make each class feel distinct. As I've read so far, every class is getting a DPS, Support and CC role of some sort, it seems. The exact opposite of what I figured. Rather than distinct, they're the same thing with a different wrapping.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

It appears the younger generation does not know what a diary is. I should have guessed now that everyone is using blogs. A diary is a short summary. It is not a technical manual like Orion provided us.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Tilting_at_Turbines View Post
    It appears the younger generation does not know what a diary is. I should have guessed now that everyone is using blogs. A diary is a short summary. It is not a technical manual like Orion provided us.

EasyBib

Full Definition of DIARY

: a record of events, transactions, or observations kept daily or at frequent intervals : journal; especially : a daily record of personal activities, reflections, or feelings

: a book intended or used for a diary

See diary defined for English-language learners »

See diary defined for kids »

Examples of DIARY

nope mno short summery there

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast